Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191486 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 08:41:12 »

I saw Ben Elton live a couple of times back in the 80's - the best stand up comedy perfprmances I have seen.

I hate it when a celeb you liked becomes shit.
Its all down to the secret of comedy................................timing!

Elton was good in the 80s because his overall message was about poking fun at the establishment and commenting on how shit things were and what a bunch of bastards the Tories were. Strong acerbic wit backed up by some strong actors around him - Rik Mayall and Rowan Atkinson being two.

Dave Allen was another one who was brilliantly funny at the time. But the majority of his comedy came from poking fun at authority and the Catholic church, which was such a taboo thing to do at the time that it resulted in death threats from the IRA.

Fact is, that everyone and everything has a shelf life.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 09:23:16 »

Its all down to the secret of comedy................................timing!

Elton was good in the 80s because his overall message was about poking fun at the establishment and commenting on how shit things were and what a bunch of bastards the Tories were. Strong acerbic wit backed up by some strong actors around him - Rik Mayall and Rowan Atkinson being two.

Dave Allen was another one who was brilliantly funny at the time. But the majority of his comedy came from poking fun at authority and the Catholic church, which was such a taboo thing to do at the time that it resulted in death threats from the IRA.

Fact is, that everyone and everything has a shelf life.

It wasn't all politics with him though, in the live show. Yes he had a fantastic sketch about Maggie Thatcher masturbating, but his best bit was probably a non-political one about motorway service station toilets.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 10:33:58 »

I watched a documentary called 'Skint' the other day. Proof, if proof be needed, that Scunthorpe is an absolute hovel.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 12:12:24 »

I watched a documentary called 'Skint' the other day. Proof, if proof be needed, that Scunthorpe is an absolute hovel.

Ah, I saw the trailer for that but didn't realise where it was set.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 12:26:44 »

I watched that, it was quite funny. I thought the shoplifter turned prossie was funny, when she said " i only do blow jobs at £15 a time but that dirty whore over there will do anything you want for £10 "
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 12:35:30 »

It wasn't all politics with him though, in the live show.

IIRC it was only a little bit of politics there

Wink
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 12:40:42 »

I watched that, it was quite funny. I thought the shoplifter turned prossie was funny, when she said " i only do blow jobs at £15 a time but that dirty whore over there will do anything you want for £10 "

Ignoring the fact these people barely have a chance in life, it did raise a smile in places. The shoplifter was a bit of a 'character'.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 21:25:37 »

Danny Dyers Deadliest Men ....... geeeeeeeeeeeeezerr
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: Thursday, May 16, 2013, 00:22:05 »

The Fall got off to a good start.Although I cant see the serial killers logic in killing really hot women whilst letting the his wife Chelle off of Hollyoaks live.

/
W56196272
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: Thursday, May 16, 2013, 09:45:21 »

The Fall got off to a good start.Although I cant see the serial killers logic in killing really hot women whilst letting the his wife Chelle off of Hollyoaks live.
Thought I was on the music thread and you were on about this:

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: Monday, May 27, 2013, 15:35:21 »

It's finally happened - Arrested Development is back for a nu start.

Wasn't sure with the first episode but it gets funnier - partly due to the way all the episodes overlap each other and you see things from the different characters point of view, which makes more sense of it all the further in you get.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: Monday, May 27, 2013, 17:24:20 »

A bit late, but really getting into big bang theory.

currently watching hannibal and elementary. both well worth a watch
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: Monday, May 27, 2013, 17:30:09 »

It's finally happened - Arrested Development is back for a nu start.

Wasn't sure with the first episode but it gets funnier - partly due to the way all the episodes overlap each other and you see things from the different characters point of view, which makes more sense of it all the further in you get.

Watched all 15 while hungover yesterday. Was very concerned after the first couple, but by the end  some of it was best ever. It all ties together and twists so well. It's incredibly well written. It's ace

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: Monday, May 27, 2013, 22:40:08 »

I'm loving this, another corking episode tonight.

Strangely I'm find myself hoping that matey boy gets away with it as his murders are very well executed
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 06:49:01 »

I'm loving this, another corking episode tonight.

Strangely I'm find myself hoping that matey boy gets away with it as his murders are very well executed

The Fall has me hooked as well!

I wasn't convinced that Gillian Anderson would make a good English cop but she is actually pretty good and the accent isn't that bad for a yank.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: