Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191448 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:02:11 »

Anyone seen Utopia on Channel 4 yet? Any cop?

Watched the first episode, have the second in my planner - I thought it was really good... dark, tense... it's got legs, i think (and it isn't the sort of thing I usually watch)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:02:26 »

Anyone seen Utopia on Channel 4 yet? Any cop?
I've seen the first 2 & it is really good, it takes a while to get into it & it has really gruesome violence in it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:09:09 »

Out of interest, funny in what way?

Like a clown. It amuses you

Things get better but they never get good
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:11:03 »

In the way that it is portrayed. Take last weeks episode when they had a man who went on a picnic & thought that cheese & marmite sandwiches would get him love or the Tourettes sufferers who shout the funniest things at the wrong times.

Noting that I've yet to watch any of this series, but did the last, and that I have a son with Down's syndrome, I don't find it funny per se. I do however find it interesting and compulsive viewing, and it gives an insight as to what we might expect with our little one as he grows up.

Like most programmes, everything is in the editing, so it could portray somebody in a completely different context. I don't like the title either, but appreciate 'A case study into those who have disabilities and might find dating a bit more difficult' isn't so catchy....

Might watch all three tonight. Again out of interest, what did people make of Kate (the girl with Down's syndrome) in last night's episode?
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:18:45 »

Kate highlighted my own massive (unacceptable) ignorance. I genuinely thought people with Down's required round-the-clock care, and (for want of a better phrase, sorry!!) couldn't contribute much to society in terms of productivity etc. How wrong I was, and it made me feel a bit rubbish. She came across as a perfectly capable, independent, hard-working "normal" (again, poor phrasing...) woman, who just wanted a proper adult relationship (although that was expressed a bit too much, possibly down to her learning difficulties).

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:19:42 »

It's just the 21st century freak show isn't it? Point and laugh at the afflicted, and how different they are to us.

DMR

« Reply #996 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:27:36 »

Kate highlighted my own massive (unacceptable) ignorance. I genuinely thought people with Down's required round-the-clock care, and (for want of a better phrase, sorry!!) couldn't contribute much to society in terms of productivity etc. How wrong I was, and it made me feel a bit rubbish. She came across as a perfectly capable, independent, hard-working "normal" (again, poor phrasing...) woman, who just wanted a proper adult relationship (although that was expressed a bit too much, possibly down to her learning difficulties).

It was quite reassuring in a weird way. A bit like last week when I said Armstrong suffering from cancer didn't make make him exempt from being a cunt, I would say that having DS doesn't make you exempt from being a bit desperate/clingy.

At the end of the day we're all human and we're all fucking mental.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:34:52 »

I thought Kate was brilliant. Very independent and certainly knew what she wanted in life.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:06:08 »

It's just the 21st century freak show isn't it? Point and laugh at the afflicted, and how different they are to us.

I sincerely hope you really don't subscribe to that view.

Far too many people do, and anybody on here that does is welcome to spend an hour or two in the company of my son, and hopefully it'll change your perspective completely.
Farmboy

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:26:42 »

Does anyone know if Community season 4 is going to be shown in the uk?

Follow my ramblings @farmboyjon
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:27:07 »

Noting that I've yet to watch any of this series, but did the last, and that I have a son with Down's syndrome, I don't find it funny per se. I do however find it interesting and compulsive viewing, and it gives an insight as to what we might expect with our little one as he grows up.

Think it depends on how you look at it - are you laughing at someone with a disability or laughing at someone who is shit at dating? I take the latter view, I do a fair bit of voluntary work and don't view or treat people with disabilities any differently - why should it be any different when I'm watching a programme like that?

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:29:53 by jonny72 » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:35:19 »

I sincerely hope you really don't subscribe to that view.

Far too many people do, and anybody on here that does is welcome to spend an hour or two in the company of my son, and hopefully it'll change your perspective completely.

It's the reason I think many watch it. I don't watch it, but I don't think of the disabled as freaks, if that's what you mean.

Barry Scott

« Reply #1002 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:36:54 »

Think it depends on how you look at it - are you laughing at someone with a disability or laughing at someone who is shit at dating? I take the latter view, I do a fair bit of voluntary work and don't view or treat people with disabilities any differently - why should it be any different when I'm watching a programme like that?

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

I agree. Pussy footing around only makes interactions awkward and unnatural.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 18:44:22 »

The autistic fella was a right smoothy walked into the party got 2 numbers ran out and cheered for joy. Sometimes the way its presented can be abit misleading though.
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 18:55:09 »

He had shite taste in women though

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: