Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191827 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 18:12:29 »

i'm unfashionable so have only just seen Sherlock.

bloody good, that.

anyone got theories on the finale of series 2?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:17:08 »

Yes, contains spoilers so highlight to read:

he's not dead. Otherwise series 3 will be a bit shit.

In the original The Final Problem, where Holmes seemingly snuffed it over the Reichenbach Falls, he returned from the dead in The Adventure of the Empty House, I think he tried to convince Moriarty's accomplices he was dead  - but that failed so he buggered off on a bit of a walkabout.

So he's obviously faked his death, but we'll have to wait and see how...

I have to admit when I heard about a modern day Sherlock I thought it would be shit. But its quite the opposite isn't it. Only 1 episode I wasn't enthralled with - the Baskeville's one.

Has anyone seen the US rip off called Elementary?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:33:51 by Batch » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:24:46 »

Started watching Arrested Development sfter reading this thread.  Coming to the end of season 1 now.  When does it start getting funny?

Is the doctor in series 1? Only in a few episodes but his scenes are excellent, "he's going to be alright" still makes me laugh.

Has anyone seen the US rip off called Elementary?

I've been watching it. Not that bad and it's growing on me. Plus I'm a fan of Jonny Lee Miller - Eli Stone was ace.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:28:09 »

I've been watching it. Not that bad and it's growing on me. Plus I'm a fan of Jonny Lee Miller - Eli Stone was ace.

Thanks, I'll try to hunt it down.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:32:06 »

Oh and Sonic, in the interest of not giving spoilers, highlight below

remind me, did Moriarty die, I can't remember. If he did my guess is it was his body that did the falling, but somehow Holmes switched as I'm sure we saw a close up of Holmes on the floor? Erm, he must have exit stage left again at some point though
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 21:33:14 »

Oh and Sonic, in the interest of not giving spoilers, highlight below
you see Moriarty blow his brains out before Sherlock jumps. There is a close up shot of Holmes' body on the floor and given the difference in stature between Sherlock and Moriarty I don't think he used his body as a fake.

There's two things that must be key but can't figure it out myself - Sherlock goes to Molly to ask for help but we don't know exactly what with but considering her medical knowledge and the fact she works in a mortuary, it's not difficult to guess. The other is that Watson gets knocked over by a cyclist when Sherlock jumps, this is filmed and shown in a very deliberate fashion so must be some sort of intentional distraction...

anyway, we know he's alive and series 3 is on the way. My thoughts are more of how he is going to get around the fact that everyone - the public, the police and Lestrade - all think he is a fraud

highlight for spoilers
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 21:40:17 »

What's with the spoilers tags? It was on TV 10 months ago. If someone ain't watched it by now that's their problem.

Even more stupid given that the original story upon which the episode was based and which it follows (Moriarty and Holmes have a final show down, both appear to die except it turns out Holmes faked his death) was first published just under 120 years ago.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 21:56:20 »

[url width=499 height=260]http://i.imgur.com/0jOSt.gif[/url]
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #893 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:01:24 »

I can't stop watching Phoneshop, it's bloody brilliant. I love the things they reference throughout both series: Omar's "There's Nothing Like This", Cava, Ross Kemp put downs, Jude Law.

It's fucking genius, I can't believe I dismissed it until a couple of months ago.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:08:49 »

I can't stop watching Phoneshop, it's bloody brilliant. I love the things they reference throughout both series: Omar's "There's Nothing Like This", Cava, Ross Kemp put downs, Jude Law.

It's fucking genius, I can't believe I dismissed it until a couple of months ago.

I thought it was shite,

If it's actually decent I may try it again.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #895 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:14:59 »

I thought it was shite,

If it's actually decent I may try it again.

Watch the pilot episode first (not part of series 1) apparently it is on 4OD but hard to find, easy to find on youtube. Then go from there.

Although the characters and liungo is really OTT, there are a lot of subtle jokes and references too.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:15:28 »

I was under the same impression Suggs until I re-watched it, now I too think it's genius.

Say somethin'. WHAT.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:16:26 »

Ta, i'll give it a go now.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 23:02:39 »

What's with the spoilers tags?

I once didn't spoiler something and someone complained, now I'm paranoid Smiley
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 07:09:36 »

I was under the same impression Suggs until I re-watched it, now I too think it's genius.

Say somethin'. WHAT.

Same here. Although it still feels disconcertingly that this is what it would look like if otanswell had a reality show.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: