Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1192017 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 10:58:18 »

Silk is very good too.  It is like an English version of The Good Wife, which is also very good.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 12:23:45 »

As the seasons go by you get more than an impression that the network has been meddling with the dynamic of Community but it didn't take a huge hit due to the quality of its writing. Chase has been reduced to bits and pieces but I'm sure dear old Chevy has only himself to blame as (history proves) he's a bit of a knob head.

Chase gets a lot of one liners and delivers them perfectly, whilst not the star of the show he doesn't seem to have lost it.

Watching it back to back it gets crazier to the point of becoming a farce, not saying that's a bad thing but you definitely notice the change. One thing I like about US comedy is the long seasons which give the characters a chance to develop, especially the supporting ones. The dean is a great character who would have been nothing more than an occasional bit part character in the UK.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 12:59:44 »

Chase gets a lot of one liners and delivers them perfectly, whilst not the star of the show he doesn't seem to have lost it.

Watching it back to back it gets crazier to the point of becoming a farce, not saying that's a bad thing but you definitely notice the change. One thing I like about US comedy is the long seasons which give the characters a chance to develop, especially the supporting ones. The dean is a great character who would have been nothing more than an occasional bit part character in the UK.

Watching it back-to-back in seasons 1 and 2 is brilliant but its quality does dip in season 3 (it had high, high standards as we know).

The one liner is enough for the audience and the show (and for me) but I doubt it's enough for Chase. I'm a big fan of Chevy Chase, the reason I first downloaded Community back in '09 was because it was his return to mainstream comedy, but never underestimate the guys ego.

The 20+ episode thing only works for the best of the best. Many have perished due to the commissioning of too many episodes from the start. Some US comedies/versions (The Office, Parks & Rec, It's Always Sunny..., Workaholics) have started with 6-10 seasons and got bigger, I prefer this model because even if it's cancelled you've still got a nice cult classic with a start and finish (Andy Barker PI,

Incidentally, the comedy 'Workaholics' has gone to 20 odd episodes for its third season so I'll be interested to see how it copes.

It's a good immature guilty pleasure.

kerry red

« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 13:18:16 »

Been watching Hit and Miss on Atlantic - trans-sexual hitman(woman).

Every episode manages to show a nude shot of the lead character with a great pair of tits and meat and 2 veg as well!

Not bad, actually
Flashheart

« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 13:21:22 »

Wait...

The lead character has tits AND meat and two veg.

What the fuck are you watching?
kerry red

« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 13:35:51 »

Wait...

The lead character has tits AND meat and two veg.

What the fuck are you watching?

Hence the trans-sexual bit. Obviously a good bit of editing cos tits and meat are both in the one shot.

Unless they've been recruiting in Thailand!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 13:46:07 »

Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?
Amir

« Reply #577 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 15:59:48 »

Just watched the season 3 finale of community.

I cannot emphasise enough how truly brilliant and groundbreaking it is. The funniest, cleverest show on TV today. Not sure if it gets shown on UK TV, but it's easy enough to find on the internet. Do yourself a favour and watch it.

Yours sincerely,
A. Fanboy

I went out and bought the first few episodes of this thanks to you(it's easier to do that here).  Initially I thought the characters would grind me, but it took less than an episode to get me hooked.  Consequently, I now love Community, and I love you.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:18:01 »

Awww

Things get better but they never get good
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:22:28 »

finished the 1st season of Grimm yesterday and it was superb. Its by the makers of buffy and angel but its a lot darker. i recommend it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 21:33:51 »

Couldn't stand Buffy and Angel so I'll give it a miss thanks chubster!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 12:49:34 »

Britain in a day was superb
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 14:08:42 »

Couldn't stand Buffy and Angel so I'll give it a miss thanks chubster!
i would give it a go, honestly.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:34:04 »

i would give it a go, honestly.

I might download and give it a go just to keep you happy, but if it's crap I'm sending the boys around!

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:45:38 »

finished the 1st season of Grimm yesterday and it was superb. Its by the makers of buffy and angel but its a lot darker. i recommend it.

I've only seen the first three episodes of Grimm and I wasn't impressed does it get better then? i've got the rest series linked
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: