Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1197559 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 18:52:44 »

Sounds like I need to get involved with Homeland. Thanks all.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 19:07:20 »

Really? I was a little disappointed to be honest, could've been so much better of the farm scenes had lasted longer.

Mmm, I get where you're coming from - I'm easily please Cheesy and extended final episode would've been nice though.

SPOILERS

I liked how Rick has finally turned though. The introduction of Michonne at the end was exciting too. She's a lot like how Shane ended up being, she's a goodie, just unhinged too.

Merle will also be back in series 3 along with The Governor.

The finale got 9 million viewers in the U.S, hopefully that's enough for the network to increase the budget after it was cut for this series.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 19:14:31 »

I watched alcatraz on sky last night

Not bad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 20:12:29 »

Hmmm, first Total Wipeout gets canned, now this

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a373805/yes-prime-minister-returning-for-new-series-on-uktv-gold.html

Classic BBC sitcom Yes, Prime Minister is being remade by UKTV's comedy channel Gold.

A new six-episode run of the series is being produced by BBC Productions and will feature modern day twists as it follows the day-to-day activities of hapless Rt Hon Jim Hacker

The Prime Minister's new challenges will include leading a coalition government, European economic turmoil and a Scottish independence referendum.

Hacker's advisors Sir Humphrey Appleby and principal private secretary Bernard Woolley will also return.

In the 1980s original, the late Paul Eddington played Hacker, while Nigel Hawthorne starred as Appelby and Derek Fowlds as Woolley.

"We're not just bringing it back because it was a brilliant show in its time, we think it's the right moment. There's so much going on in politics and we couldn't think of a better time to lampoon and ridicule that," said UKTV's chief exec Darren Childs.

BBC comedy head Mark Freeland said that the success of Yes, Prime Minister theatre tours had proved that the "iconic comedy has lost none of its satirical bite".

Written by Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, the original Yes Minister aired between 1980 and 1984. The sequel, Yes, Prime Minister, ran from 1986 to 1988.

Yes, Prime Minister was named the UK's sixth favourite sitcom of all time in 2004 and was famously rumoured to be the favourite TV show of ex-Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

Suppose with the original writer on board it might be good, but the original was a classic and should be left that way.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 20:14:40 by Batch » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #409 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 09:21:23 »

In hindsight I enjoyed The Walking Dead, it was a bit slow, but I did enjoy it overall. I, like thedarkprince, wouldn't describe the last episode as epic though Benzel!

Started watching Touch, that looks good and I'm meaning to catch up on Alcatraz as I have 2 episodes in my planner.

Also, after not using BitTorrent for years - I used to hate waiting for a week with part completed films/files - I tried it over the weekend. I downloaded seasons 1-4 of Breaking Bad, 1-9 of Family Guy, 1-9 of Scrubs, 1-6 of Dexter and some films. All of those series' were programmes I enjoyed yet either missed a few episodes and stopped (Dexter and Breaking Bad), or have just watched episodes all over the place (Scrubs and Family Guy). Win.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 09:30:50 »

Watched the first couple of episodes of Alcatraz last night. Hooked.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 12:24:56 »

Also, after not using BitTorrent for years - I used to hate waiting for a week with part completed films/files - I tried it over the weekend. I downloaded seasons 1-4 of Breaking Bad, 1-9 of Family Guy, 1-9 of Scrubs, 1-6 of Dexter and some films. All of those series' were programmes I enjoyed yet either missed a few episodes and stopped (Dexter and Breaking Bad), or have just watched episodes all over the place (Scrubs and Family Guy). Win.
I could never get the hang of using bitTorrent. But like you Barry i also started watching Dexter & missed a few episodes here and there then couldn't get back into it.

Also i am loving Alcatraz & Love life on itv.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 12:54:26 »

Hmmm, first Total Wipeout gets canned, now this

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a373805/yes-prime-minister-returning-for-new-series-on-uktv-gold.html

Suppose with the original writer on board it might be good, but the original was a classic and should be left that way.

The thick of it is pretty much covers all needed whitehall satire these days.  Yes Minister with swearing.  Marvellous.

Never knowingly overstated.
china red

« Reply #413 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 14:57:31 »

Watching episode 2 of Alcatraz, good recommendation.  Touch is excellent too, episode 3 is downloading now and can't wait.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:39:12 »

I've seen the first 3 episodes of Alcatraz and while I am intrigued, it's not something I race home to watch on my planner.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Barry Scott

« Reply #415 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 11:07:17 »

I've seen the first 3 episodes of Alcatraz and while I am intrigued, it's not something I race home to watch on my planner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm more concerned about being sucked into another Lost style drama that has no ending, no meaning and no point. I'll judge at the end of the first series.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 11:09:04 »

I worry there won't be a second series of Alcatraz. I'm enjoying it, but it gives me the same feeling as the 4400/Flash Forward/Heroes. I hope I'm wrong.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 19:51:09 »

I've just started watching Once Upon A Time - a bit like Lost but with fairy tales (characters include Snow White, Jiminy Cricket, Rumplestiltskin, Red Riding Hood, Prince Charming etc). Sounds shit but the way they've done it is clever and it works.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 20:41:41 »

just finshed watching american horror story pretty good series.

also wathching grimm, isnt too bad either.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 00:35:42 »

Recently discovered Dexter.

Watched about 8 episodes in about 3 days.

Loving it.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: