Pages: 1 ... 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1196639 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4905 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 16:10:38 »

Started to watch Snowpiercer - not sure if its worth carrying on with - anybody watched it and have an opinion ?

It's not too bad. Has Sean "Mr Yorkshire" Bean and Simon from TWD (or Trevor of GTA gaming vintage) in it but some decent performances from Lena Hall and Jennifer Connelly too.

The Dystopian ideas and concept of a structured class system on a self-sustainable travelling city (which in this case is a train), aka "The Snowpiercer" brings about notes of The Hunger Games, The 100 and Westworld (series not film); if you like the social theories it heavily weights towards then you'll probably enjoy.

Based off the original book and more recently the film of the same name. Have read and watched those - the series definitely adapts better to screen than the movie version although the series is ultimately a rebranded adaptation of the film.

Currently on S3 and been renewed for S4 so it must be doing "enough" ratings wise to warrant a 4th season.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #4906 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 16:42:30 »

It's not too bad. Has Sean "Mr Yorkshire" Bean and Simon from TWD (or Trevor of GTA gaming vintage) in it but some decent performances from Lena Hall and Jennifer Connelly too.

The Dystopian ideas and concept of a structured class system on a self-sustainable travelling city (which in this case is a train), aka "The Snowpiercer" brings about notes of The Hunger Games, The 100 and Westworld (series not film); if you like the social theories it heavily weights towards then you'll probably enjoy.

Based off the original book and more recently the film of the same name. Have read and watched those - the series definitely adapts better to screen than the movie version although the series is ultimately a rebranded adaptation of the film.

Currently on S3 and been renewed for S4 so it must be doing "enough" ratings wise to warrant a 4th season.

Cheers, my first thought was that is was Hunger Games on a train. I'll give it a bit longer
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4907 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 10:34:09 »

This Is Going To Hurt on iPlayer.

Just finished this, thought it was pretty good although it's a lot more focused on interpersonal drama than the book version, which I'm not sure it totally benefited from.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4908 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 09:48:43 »

Kind of topical I guess but binged 'Chernobyl' yesterday. Thought it was bloody brilliant.

During the final credits there was a bit about the number of people who had sadly lost their lives as part of the disaster. It stated that numbers were unknown and could be anything between 4,000-93,000. Apparently on the Soviet side, the number of deaths has remained unchanged since 1987 - 31. Says it all sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #4909 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 09:58:18 »

Kind of topical I guess but binged 'Chernobyl' yesterday. Thought it was bloody brilliant.

During the final credits there was a bit about the number of people who had sadly lost their lives as part of the disaster. It stated that numbers were unknown and could be anything between 4,000-93,000. Apparently on the Soviet side, the number of deaths has remained unchanged since 1987 - 31. Says it all sadly.

"Chernobyl - the Lost Tapes" on Sky Documentaries is worth a watch. Powerful stuff and a good insight into how they control the news.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4910 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 09:59:33 »

"Chernobyl ' the Lost Tapes" on Sky Documentaries is worth a watch. Powerful stuff and a good insight into how they control the news.

Thanks PF, I love my documentaries so will look out for that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #4911 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 10:00:36 »

Thanks PF, I love my documentaries so will look out for that.

Currently on "catch up" - or at least it was last week.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4912 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 20:05:57 »

The Great North on Disney + is good, 9 yr old loves it and enough to keep grown ups occupied.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4913 on: Thursday, March 17, 2022, 19:18:19 »

Bangers and Cash, can’t get enough of it. Not a petrol head per se but I did pass a Riley Kestrel on the M5 near Worcester today.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4914 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 10:28:39 »

Bangers and Cash, can’t get enough of it. Not a petrol head per se but I did pass a Riley Kestrel on the M5 near Worcester today.

After passing his test an old schoolmate of mine had a Riley Elf.  Smiley
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4915 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:29:29 »

After passing his test an old schoolmate of mine had a Riley Elf.  Smiley

My granddad had a Riley Elf, in pristine condition. It never left the garage, and as far as I remember, never got driven. (by him at least) Not a clue what happened to it sadly, it was sold at some stage. Lovely old car.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4916 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 16:09:29 »

Might see if I can find 'Threads'. Seems an appropriate time to watch it again!  Eek

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #4917 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 16:22:50 »

Might see if I can find 'Threads'. Seems an appropriate time to watch it again!  Eek

I remember watching that when it was first on tv back in 1984. I saw it again a few years ago, still scary.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4918 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 17:40:50 »

A brilliant watch that one. Much better than The Day After and other American efforts

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4919 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 17:55:45 »

Might see if I can find 'Threads'. Seems an appropriate time to watch it again!  Eek
soapy tit wank. I watched it the other day. and half of 'the day after'

I snuck watching Threads on my black and white TV when I was a kid, as I wasn't allowed to watch it (obvs).

Didn't effect me at all. Other than running  into the garden to check the her noise I could hear was a plane not a nuke. For every plane. For several months.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: