Pages: 1 ... 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967299 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7950 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 14:43:26 »

Who said I was surprised?

Anyone on here Brentford and Town?  Smiley

As it happens I had a Man U leaning as a kid in the mid 70s, had the sweatbands etc Cheesy That left me as I got into my teens, lost interest in football except for England. Got back into it in the late 80s when some mates took me to a town v pox match.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 22, 2021, 14:51:12 by 4D » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7951 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 18:44:25 »

I support Swindon but am a fan of Liverpool, that is the way I look at it.  I actually spend money on Swindon Town to support them and watch them, whereas watch for Liverpool results and watch them when they are on the box - if a Swindon game was on when Liverpool are on the box I watch Swindon.

When it comes to Liverpool playing Swindon, there is only one team I want to win, so my alegiencies are clear.

All this bollocks about you can't have 2 teams in 2 different leagues is exactly that, bollocks - I couldn't give a shit if people don't like it.  I started off as a Liverpool fan when I was a kid and soon transitioned to Swindon when I was old enough to start going and got the bug.  I suspect this is a similar story to most football fans tbh.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #7952 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 22:26:57 »

When i was young my Dad brought me the Panini 78 album, and as red was my favourite colour i picked Liverpool to follow in the top flight (thank god i didn't pick Bristol City or my Dad would have disowned me). I did follow them until i was 17 or 18, although Swindon were always my team and in a match between the two it would always be Swindon.

After that though it's only been Swindon (probably due to the fact i started going a lot more when i was 18 as i got my own car so could go to more matches etc). I think the current Liverpool team are good, but not fussed over how they do etc.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7953 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 23:04:12 »

My Dad and Grandfather supported Rovers and went to watch them with my uncle before I was born. Every other week my uncle went to watch City - I wanted to be like him so followed City (and secondarily Rovers whilst at primary school). I got an Easter egg in a QPR mug - I liked Stan Bowled, Phil Parks and Gerry Francis so followed them because of the mug!

Loved the Ipswich team of the early 80s because of Paul Cooper's penalty heroics, Muhren and Thysson plus Geddis, Mick Mills and others. Thought Forest were ace because of Shilton and the left winger whose name forget - like Bowles and McKirdy!

So, I've followed several teams as I've admired a number of players. But, I've only been to watch one team without my family - STFC. I properly started following them when Macari arrived.....Anyway. Don't know why I posted that!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7954 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 23:10:20 »

I think the panini albums as a kid got you to like teams by badges, players etc.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7955 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 23:12:17 »

I had the Star letter printed in Shoot magazine in the 70's😀

So, give no fucks
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #7956 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 23:27:34 »

Swindon Town > Arsenal. I like clubs with class. Tony Adams is my boyhood idol.

Now, ain't that just like me?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #7957 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 07:39:20 »

I'd say most of us on here, if not all, are football fans and supporters of Swindon.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7958 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 08:07:39 »

I ‘supported’ Leeds Utd when I was about 11 but by the time I was 14 it was Swindon and will always be so. Arsenal is my second team because I was born in N. London on the left side of the A10 😁
Crumbs,  bet that was cold  !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7959 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 08:36:42 »

My Dad and Grandfather supported Rovers and went to watch them with my uncle before I was born. Every other week my uncle went to watch City - I wanted to be like him so followed City (and secondarily Rovers whilst at primary school). I got an Easter egg in a QPR mug - I liked Stan Bowled, Phil Parks and Gerry Francis so followed them because of the mug!

Loved the Ipswich team of the early 80s because of Paul Cooper's penalty heroics, Muhren and Thysson plus Geddis, Mick Mills and others. Thought Forest were ace because of Shilton and the left winger whose name forget - like Bowles and McKirdy!

So, I've followed several teams as I've admired a number of players. But, I've only been to watch one team without my family - STFC. I properly started following them when Macari arrived.....Anyway. Don't know why I posted that!
John Robertson!!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7960 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 10:02:26 »

John Robertson!!
Skillful and very quick with 2 good feet considering he was a chubby little fucker was impressive, set up Francis's goal in the 79 European Cup final beating his fullback and putting in a deep perfect cross.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #7961 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 13:20:29 »

Not sure about the 2 good feet....I remember him only have a left one. Although, having said that, I think he scored the winner  in the final the following year with a right foot shot.

Great player, though. A smoker as well, I think.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7962 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 13:36:03 »

I always remember him alternating between wings but predominantly a strong left foot, almost playing as an inverted winger on the right but capable of scoring with the right boot too.

Interestingly he scored all the pens in each game with his right foot, after winning one taking it past his man with his right foot in the box!

And again scoring with his right against Man City in 81!

He sufffered a heart attack 8 years ago and always carried a bit of timber for a pro, especially a winger.

Cracking player and should have won more caps and international recognition than he did, he only won 28 caps at a time when Scotland didnt have many options on the wing.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #7963 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 14:37:09 »

John Robertson was absolutely superb for Forest in the FA Cup against Swindon, winning 4:1, with Cloughie on the radio praising the opposition for their fair and advanced playing style.

John Robertson was playing in a packed ground taking a corner with the background that it was in the papers rightly or wrongly that he liked a drink. He's just winding up to take an in-swinger as it all goes quiet when with perfect timing, I hear in a thick north-eastern accent, "Fancy a pint, John".  His reaction was priceless, totally cracked up laughing and couldn't take the kick.

Cloughie's biography includes anecdotes about John, who looked like a barrel on casters.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7964 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 14:48:32 »

Cloughie's biography includes anecdotes about John, who looked like a barrel on casters.
A very fast barrel on casters it has to be said, probably with one wheel that constantly kept changing direction!

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: