Pages: 1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967950 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7935 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:45:25 »

How you feeling and did you lose your taste?

For attending matches?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7936 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:45:41 »

How you feeling and did you lose your taste?

Fine, thanks.

Headache, cough, blocked nose - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Lingering light headache - Tuesday, Wednesday.

Been absolutely fine since. Just bored of being limited to what I can do and where I can go.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7937 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:48:04 »

Nice to hear at least you seem to be over the worst symptons.
It would have been easier catching during the summer so you could at least go outside as boredom quickly sets in.

I'm guessing you've had a couple of NHS phone calls by now!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7938 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:51:20 »

Nice to hear at least you seem to be over the worst symptons.
It would have been easier catching during the summer so you could at least go outside as boredom quickly sets in.

I'm guessing you've had a couple of NHS phone calls by now!

I think it’s about 6.
I’ve ignored the last 3.

First one was to track where I’d been, complete understandable. One to see how I was (fine) another to remind me what I can and can not do - in addition to the texts and emails. I get it, just leave me in peace now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7939 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:52:25 »

I had 3 or 4 and they will definitely call you on your last day of isolation!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7940 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:52:53 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59372826

Man U were my childhood team. I stopped supporting them when I could get to Town and realised live local league football was where it was at. 

Then Man U started winning things. I am a lack of glory hunter
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7941 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:53:48 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59372826

Man U were my childhood team. I stopped supporting them when I could get to Town and realised live local league football was where it was at. 

Then Man U started winning things. I am a lack of glory hunter

I had a similar experience with Chelsea when I was a kid up to the mid 80's.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7942 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 13:00:43 »

I had a similar experience with Chelsea when I was a kid up to the mid 80's.
Funny that, I sort of followed Liverpool as well as Swindon up until around the Heysel disaster and I just didn't want to be associated with them after that.

I only watch out for their results now as one of my best mates is a season ticket holder so does the near 500 mile round trip for each game, but he was born and brought up there and he also comes to a few Swindon games with me if they are local or Wembley games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7943 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 13:16:13 »

Strange, me too. Back in the early 70s I used to go up with my mate Fingers who was a Liverpool fan and his uncle lived in Formby. Had great nights out after the game in Dixieland on the front in Southport.

Saw a 2–2 v Man Utd when Law, Best and Charlton were playing. Stood on the Kop. Mayhem after but very exciting for 17 year old.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7944 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 13:23:38 »

Liverpool was always my dads 2nd team too as he lived in Runcorn from 1985 onwards, Swindon was his first team but Liverpool his 2nd, I think he adopted them as it was difficult for him to get to Town games, certainly from about 95 onwards yet he could watch pretty much every Liverpool game either in person or on Sky.

I must admit though that even though the quality of the Premier League is fantastic I rarely watch any of it now,, its too pretty and money orientated and it seems most Premiership players just want to con the ref (just look at KKH on Saturday) and that bores me.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7945 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 13:28:31 »

Funny that, I sort of followed Liverpool as well as Swindon up until around the Heysel disaster and I just didn't want to be associated with them after that.

My Chelsea thing was purely that when I started Primary School I had to have a football shirt to play football in and the only ones they had at Giles in Carterton were Chelsea or Swansea and I chose blue!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7946 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 13:30:33 »

My Chelsea thing was purely that when I started Primary School I had to have a football shirt to play football in and the only ones they had at Giles in Carterton were Chelsea or Swansea and I chose blue!
As good a reason as any when you were a kid!

I was bought a 1973 cup final Sunderland shirt as a present when I was 7, thank fuck that never turned me into a Mackem fan!

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7947 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 13:37:30 »

I ‘supported’ Leeds Utd when I was about 11 but by the time I was 14 it was Swindon and will always be so. Arsenal is my second team because I was born in N. London on the left side of the A10 😁
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7948 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 13:58:30 »

I ‘supported’ Leeds Utd when I was about 11 but by the time I was 14 it was Swindon and will always be so. Arsenal is my second team because I was born in N. London on the left side of the A10 😁

Franchise 1.0
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #7949 on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 14:00:15 »

It's been discussed on here so not sure why 4d is surprised that people may have other support for other clubs. nothing closet about it

Iv supported both United and Swindon for let's say 27 years since I was 7.

I did what most kids do a jump on the best at the time but always went to Swindon as well. kids love football, when you support lower league teams I imagine it's very common to have connections/follow a prem team, certainly seems that way with my nephews etc who are also season ticket holders at town
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: