Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham match is off the chain!  (Read 16591 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:30:53 »

Well said.

Must have been 'interesting' for you t'other night. Were you that close to the hassle?

Been an interesting few days...no supermarket now, community all sticking together guarding the shopping parade.

Live 2 miles from the real madness so wasn't as epic as it should have been

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:31:12 »

Absolutely fucking pathetic decision.  Not only am I pissed off, but now I've got a disappointed 7 year old who was excited about attending his first away match.  As mentioned, it will now more than likely be rearranged for a Tuesday night, which means it will finish too late for him to go!

As well as the pathetic Glos Constabulary, Cheltenham Town FC need to take some responsibility as well.  Surely they should have liaised with us before making the decision to postpone the match. As well as emailing Glos Police, I suggest everyone who has lost money due to purchasing tickets for trains etc emails Cheltenham Town asking them to reimburse them!  

Take him along anyway.  Wink
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:32:11 »

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes.

The police are usually the first to label us football fans as troublemakers, yet they're obviously pretty happy for us to have an afternoon off to do whatever we want/get pissed/go rioting. When they could've had 6,000 or so of us in one place knowing exactly what we're up to.

Idiots.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:32:27 »

Did we ever pay Cheltenham back the 25k we owed them in ticket sales?

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:33:04 »

Absolutely fucking pathetic decision.  Not only am I pissed off, but now I've got a disappointed 7 year old who was excited about attending his first away match.  As mentioned, it will now more than likely be rearranged for a Tuesday night, which means it will finish too late for him to go!

Likewise, well not the first away game bit. Leeds was interesting with him, singing "we're going to West Ham, You're going to Dagenham"  down Elland Road on the way back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:34:00 »

Been an interesting few days...no supermarket now, community all sticking together guarding the shopping parade.

Live 2 miles from the real madness so wasn't as epic as it should have been

Close enough, hope its over now. I think it is...
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:34:58 »

Absolutely furious about this, been looking forward to it all week.  FYI they're on twitter: @Glos_Police

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:35:24 »

Yeah it's ok now, shit loads of old bill patrolling and a few ARVs

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:35:57 »

Think everyone has missed the most important bit of this - ours is actually the only game called off due to the Police being unable provide sufficient resources to police it. The Tottenham game has been called off due "safety concerns relating to the infrastructure of the High Road and access to the stadium caused by last Saturday's riots" (quote from the club).

The decisions is an absolute joke and I hope the Cheltenham Police will be made to fully explain their decision and especially why they are the only Police force in the country that are unable to police a game which is far less risk than a lot of others.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:37:00 »

Absolutely furious about this, been looking forward to it all week.  FYI they're on twitter: @Glos_Police

Aimed for the top man @ChiefGlosPolice. He just slopey shouldered it off saying look at the official explanation on Chelt FC site.
Coca Fola

« Reply #130 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:56:44 »

Aimed for the top man @ChiefGlosPolice. He just slopey shouldered it off saying look at the official explanation on Chelt FC site.
Can I call him a cunt without getting in trouble?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:00:21 »

Can you ask him for his comments on his Police force being the only one in the country to call a game off this weekend due to their inability to police it?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:24:46 »

still really pissed off with this!

no reply from the email i sent at 16:34 - not that i'm suprised at all.

i really think we would have taken them apart, after the first half on sat i think paolo would have sent them out there all guns blazing and bagged a couple inside the first 20.

as it is we've practically got to start our season all over again next week
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:26:35 »

@ChiefGlosPolice Spurs off due2safety concerns,infrastructure of the High Road & access to the stadium. ur the only force un capable then?

is what I just tweeted him. Even Jason Scotland is abusing him, assuming it really is him. Pity he thinks its ' gloschester'
Coca Fola

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:29:44 »

The fact that Glos police and Cheltenham didn't liase with us makes me think perhaps Cheltenham wanted the game called off? I mean they have lost their opening 2 games. Maybe they wanted to come into this game on the back of some form... Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: