Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do you think we'll finish?  (Read 20195 times)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 13:51:44 »

Just found out I still had some money in my bet365 account from Simon Cox being top scorer !!

Put £25 on Town to win the title at 10-1
and £15 to get promoted, to more than cover the £25 if we dont win it !!

I'd like to think that guarantees some return.............. but with Town you never know !!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 17:09:31 »

I'm going to bet on us to win the league. I normally do a crazy summer bet and haven't done one yet. I'm feeling this.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 17:38:27 »

I'm going to bet on us to win the league. I normally do a crazy summer bet and haven't done one yet. I'm feeling this.

I managed to get all bases covered (hopfeully). www.quidco.com are giving £25 cashback and a free £10 bet for new members betting £10. I bet £10 on promotion, and used my 'free' £10 bet to bet on us being champions, so ended up with the following results (theoretically at least)...

Don't get promoted:  +£15
Get Promoted:          +£47.50
Champions:              +£147.50

Now those are odds I like!! Tongue
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 13:47:37 »

Now we've had a look at the lads versus decent opposition, I believe we've seen enough in terms of fitness, tactics and ability to suggest we're in a good place. Obviously Forest last year still reminds me not to look too much ino pre-season performances but I've got a very good feeling. It's all about the change in the squads attitude for me.

"Great save, Digby."
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 15:20:12 »

I managed to get all bases covered (hopfeully). www.quidco.com are giving £25 cashback and a free £10 bet for new members betting £10. I bet £10 on promotion, and used my 'free' £10 bet to bet on us being champions, so ended up with the following results (theoretically at least)...

Don't get promoted:  +£15
Get Promoted:          +£47.50
Champions:              +£147.50

Now those are odds I like!! Tongue
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 15:22:47 »

like the odds but I truly hope you don't win £15
bobby

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 15:58:39 »

Having watched all of the pre season games in England i still have no idea where we finish this season. my most serious doubts over the lack of pace at the back i thought we defended very deep against the non league teams, didnt notice this as much yesterday but then comazzi wasnt playing. Midfield looks solid and only concern would be keeping hold of ritchie as i think he will be pure class in this league and will have clubs in higher divisions after him. Then we come to our attacking options, as we all know we are very lightweight up top think de vita looks lively as does connell not seen enough of the algerian bloke yet so would not like to comment on him but still not convinced we will score enough goals to be right up there at the moment. yesterday we looked ok and we were good on the counter attack however in this league we will need to take the games to the oppisition especially at home and at the moment i think we will struggle to do that, yet then i think i may have over estimated the quality of oppostion in this league or is that just me??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 16:09:51 »

Bobby, you talk a lot of sense.

Nobody knows yet, that's true. Up front (goals) and keeping Ritchie are my biggest worries too.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 16:19:25 »

i'm not worried about a lack of pace at the back, Devera says one of his biggest assets is his pace, he'll know how fast he is compared to L2 forwards so that's ok for me.  i wouldn't say caddis or kennedy are slow, not rapid either but not sluggish and to me flint looked more than quick enough yesterday.  big kev aint slow and neither is thompson.

comazzi may be slower than the rest but i doubt there'll be any teams with significantly quicker defences than ours

i am still a little worried about up front myself though, think we need someon a little more athletic, which may be kerrouche, to me connell and de vita seem to be an either or, not a partnership but as i've said somewhere before i expect a good 15 goals from ritchie so if we can squeeze 15 a piece out of two strikers we'll be ok, especially if smith, macormack and risser can get a few each, not forgetting esejas too
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 20:49:46 »

Think back few years and you'll recall a Barnet team that looked very, very poor. 42 year old Hessenthaler in midfield and 39 year old Paul Warhurst struggling to run any more than four strides. Still gave a poor Town side the run around but that was more our fault than the 'quality' of a typical L2 side. We've nothing to fear but complacency itself... And Intrust Paolo to let than be anything but complacent.

"Great save, Digby."
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 22:18:52 »

If we looked at it from the outside we'd be hooting with laughter at deluded fans who had seen their side get relegated, release most of their players, appoint an untried manager and bring in a seemingly random bunch of foreigners and who then expected their team to cakewalk the league.

I'd be genuinely surprised if we went back up to be honest though Ritchie should do well.  Flame me as you wish and do bring this post back to mock me if we piss this tinpot league.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 22:26:37 by JanAageisGod » Logged

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 22:53:11 »

When the board talk about more players being released or sent out on loan including possible senior players one of them unfortunately I think will be Ferry. I know McCormack needed game time v Reading but surely Ferry did too. So many changes were made second half but Si still had to wait to the last few minutes to get on. To me that says why use him if he isn't going to be around for much longer. Hope I'm wrong !
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 22:59:15 »

but from the inside...

we've signed Devera, very experienced at this level, J. Smith, very good at the level below us last year, as with Connell, De Vita who has been up in Scotland, previously Blackburn, hardly Lake Como.  Kennedy is home grown and 1st choice, Caddis and Ferry from Scotland and 1 and 2 seasons respectively in the lower leagues of England.  Risser from lower league Germany?  MacCormack from L1.  Ritchie will be player of the year in L2 if he plays like he can...

That leaves what, Comazzi from a country with God knows how many ski resorts in - i bet no-one on here of the top of their heads could name me the 'ski resort' in England.  Then there's Kerrouche who has played everywhere.

There are of course others but all this 'cold wet Tuesday' stuff is really starting to piss me off - I live in the same climate as the Italians do for the winter seaon and can tell you we have it much better over here.

I'm not proffesing us to walk the league but we're not signing fucking south americans here, we're actually signing players who have been playing in slightly worse climates than the UK so so when people say our players can't cope with wet wednesdays up north they need to actually make a note of where we have actually signed them from!
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 12:06:26 »

Nice little season preview of all the league 1 teams from their resident bloggers on the guardian site.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2011/aug/01/league-two-2011-12-preview-bloggers
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 12:17:16 »

I see you've still to come to terms with relegation.  Crying
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: