Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do you think we'll finish?  (Read 20267 times)
Stfc ryan

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 22:41:09 »

Good evening everyone, after months of reading this forum I've finally decided to join in.

In all honesty I have no idea where we will finish, and I can't imagine anyone can give an accurate prediction on our final league position. With all the foreigners and couple of non league players signing, you just can't predict how they will cope. Although saying that all seemed pretty comfortable In the reading game. I'd like to say we will get promoted but just can't at the moment. I know I ain't going to make any friends making a comment like this, but if I was putting Money on the champions I'd have to say rovers. They've signed a lot of good experienced players And their strike force with kuffour, zebroski, mcgleish and anyinsah at league 2 level they could be lethal. But I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway with all that said it is going to be an absolutely cracking season, and hopefully we can go straight back up.

Ryan
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 22:49:45 »

Agree with you Ryan, Rovers do look strong. They've made a couple of odd signings but on the whole they've brought in a decent set of players.

Whether we're as good or better remains to be seen - I certainly wouldn't write us off as quickly as some are though
Stfc ryan

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 00:23:08 »

I don't think people are writing us off just don't want to make predictions after a lot of fans (including myself) tipped us for automatic last year  Embarrassed I think we will get a good reading of where we will end up after about 10 games. Just hope if di canio has us top of the league Sam allardyce is doing the same for west ham. If they sack him and Paolo's doing well then I fear they'll snap him up straight away.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 00:55:02 »

I think we will finish top 3.

I don't want to go over the top but I think Di Canio has a bit of 'Jose Mourinho' about him. Huge personality but comands respect. Expects the best out of his players and won't accept anything less.

I think Paolo Di Canio is a winner.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:45:06 »

I think we will finish top 3.

I don't want to go over the top but I think Di Canio has a bit of 'Jose Mourinho' about him. Huge personality but comands respect. Expects the best out of his players and won't accept anything less.

I think Paolo Di Canio is a winner.

that is the most positive thing I think I've ever seen you post!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 09:28:27 »

Easy to say when you're not gonna go though! Wink

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 10:48:24 »

I don't think people are writing us off just don't want to make predictions after a lot of fans (including myself) tipped us for automatic last year 
It's more fans of other clubs than people on here. Crewe seem to think they've got the 3 points in the bag.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:01:01 »

It's more fans of other clubs than people on here. Crewe seem to think they've got the 3 points in the bag.
That's an interesting point. I've never really thought about the other sides opinion of us and specific games. It would be interesting to see what they think about saturdays game. Like everyone else I hope we get off to a flyer but won't be too disappointed if we don't win as long as there are signs it's coming together.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:07:43 »

I still have no idea about us, having only seen us play twice. So other fans aren't going to know any more without having seen us play!

I do think had another club brought in PDC and lots of foreign players we'd be saying exactly the same thing about them.

But all that matters is what happens on the pitch.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 15:45:18 »

Sky Sports have us predicted at 9th.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_7066325,0.html

Remember ridiculing their prediction for us this time last year so no comment.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 15:49:33 »

Please tell me Sky haven't put Crawley at the top... (Looks...) They have. I'm not saying Crawley can't go up this year, but it really wouldn't surprise me to see them finish outside the play-offs.

As for the bit on Swindon, I had to laugh:

Chances: Swindon may have finished bottom of League One last season but with Paolo Di Canio now in charge and a raft of new faces, optimism is high at the County Ground and a promotion charge is likely to be on the cards.

Prediction: 9th
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 15:52:45 »

As much as it pains me to say it, I reckon they're rightfully bookmakers' favourites. Very impressed with their transfer activity and their squad looks lower-league one standard at the very least.

Port Vale above us is the one I can't get my head around.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 16:30:18 »

Port Vale above us is the one I can't get my head around.

Think it's based on the fact that Micky Adams had them fllying up until the end of December, when he fucked off. They fell away badly, but still only finished 3 outside the PO's....I guess the assumption is that he'll be able to get them back flying. Who knows.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:37:14 »

12/1 now on offer in Ladbrokes West Swindon Centre - Thoughtfully named 'West Swindon Special'

1. Swindon (At a canter)
2. Torquay
3. Crawley

Gas up in the play offs, O*****d relegated with Barnet
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:46:27 »

Sky Sports have us predicted at 9th.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_7066325,0.html

Remember ridiculing their prediction for us this time last year so no comment.

Sky can fuck off, Leon Knights the bunch of them
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: