Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mattia Lanzano (Italian 'keeper) on way  (Read 19179 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:09:17 »

I'd be surprised if Smith and Lucas are still here at the start of the season.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:12:16 by juddie » Logged
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:09:36 »

Lucas seems to be a bit of a sicknote these days - keep Smithy.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:15:22 »

1828.8mm to be very exact

(1 inch = 25.4mm)

Mine was excluding VAT.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:19:19 »

I don't give a shit if they both leave as long as we have an adequate replacement, both let us down badly last season.

Saying Smith is better than Lucas because he fucks up less is like saying that an Austin Maxi is better than a Morris marina because it broke down 3 times less than the other in the last year.....et us in a Ford Focus, something that is not outstanding and does the job to a good standard but wont let you down every time the weather gets cold or damp Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:59:31 »

Both should go, Smith while he has a good run every now and then as has been mentioned is far too meek he has no control of his box and the back 4 always seem to have no confidence in him, plus he has made some absolute stinkers.

Lucas just doesn't seem up for it, he seems the more likely to go in all honesty.

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 09:50:42 »

I don't give a shit if they both leave as long as we have an adequate replacement, both let us down badly last season.

Saying Smith is better than Lucas because he fucks up less is like saying that an Austin Maxi is better than a Morris marina because it broke down 3 times less than the other in the last year.....et us in a Ford Focus, something that is not outstanding and does the job to a good standard but wont let you down every time the weather gets cold or damp Cheesy

I have actually been the proud(?) owner of both a Maxi and a Marina in years gone by and can honestly say that neither of them broke down on me!!  Cheesy
I get your point though, and you are right, though not sure we will get much better in L2.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:10:30 »

I'd marginally prefer Lucas over Smith, but his persistant injuries are a bit of a worry.

However, I really wouldn't be too bothered if Smith started the season as our number one keeper.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:19:43 »

I completely and utterly agree. People whinge about Smith's distribution, but it's not really that different from Lucas's - although Smith's kicking is better. They just love to hate him, "because Lucas shouts" (as does Smith, but forget that, he's Smith) and has his sleeves cut off. The only flappy, hesitant goalkeeper that failed to command his area last season and cost us goals was Lucas.

Yep.

Lucas cost us a couple of goals at home to Plymouth, away to Walsall, away to Colchester with shitty punches and thats just off the top of my head. Although not last season, lets not forget the goal at Wembley either.

Apart from that stupid roll it out to their player against Hartlepool I cant remember Smith being at fault for much else.

As for meek, fuck that - I could hear him last season at the back of the DRS and I've got far from super sonic ears (they're quite small, I know)

I cant for the life of me remember which it game it was - but ball over the top, bouncing in the area, Cuthbert back tracking. Smith - KEEPERS, KEEPERS, KEEPERS. Cuthbert heads the ball out for a corner. Crowd....boo give him a shout Smith!

That is an absolute bollocks analogy.

How many goal keepers never make a mistake? Let alone ones that play at our standard.

Edwin Van Der Sarr has had an excellent career, over many years with some quality defenders in front of him but he's still made mistakes

...and your ford focus will still break down!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:43:52 »

Last season the defence made both Smith and Lucas job alot harder than it should have been, Next season with a decent defence in front of them there should be less pressure on them and less mistakes.

I cant say I have ever been a huge fan of Smiths or Lucas but when either are on form they are more than capable of holding their own, with a new Gk coach it should give both of them a kick up the backside.
lambourn red

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:16:02 »

Lucas off to Rochdale according to Adver Twitter
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:18:35 »

We better get a fee, he's not long signed a contract extension!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:19:45 »

Good news

Another one out the door. Just another 2 to get rid of in my opinion.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:21:34 »

they can both go, neither of em are anygood for first choice keeper
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:24:45 »

they can both go, neither of em are anygood for first choice keeper

i think you'll get your wish...
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:27:14 »

Just another 2 to get rid of in my opinion.
Who would these 2 be, just out of interest? I'm struggling to think who we have left, bar the recent signings!

I'm amazed at how well we've managed to offload last seasons deadwood. I was worried we'd be stuck with the likes of Rose and Prutton for another season...Shudder.....

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: