Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 68   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 399988 times)
Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #900 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 09:04:02 »

Not seen that fella/woman that used to wind a lot of people up on here, JBZ wasn't it?
TBH I dont miss him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 10:47:07 »

TBH I dont miss him.

Busy finishing the book on the fall and rise of Manchester Road.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:13:09 »

Flasheart took a break....i hope hes not tempted to come back until kick off Saturday....he wouldnt stay long with all the meltdowns.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #903 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:40:51 »

Flasheart took a break....i hope hes not tempted to come back until kick off Saturday....he wouldnt stay long with all the meltdowns.
I speak to FH every week and he has no urge to come back on here at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #904 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 13:33:06 »

Don't know if anyone remembers Miss Angry, but she died of lung cancer at the grand old age of 43 last month. Very sad, she will be missed.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 13:39:48 »

Don't know if anyone remembers Miss Angry, but she died of lung cancer at the grand old age of 43 last month. Very sad, she will be missed.

Blimey, thats really sad. I remember her posting on here. RIP.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 14:32:14 »

Vaguely do. Condolences to all those that knew her.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 18:54:20 »

Yep, remember Miss Angry.

Sad news been a shitty year in that regards for her brother with Ratty passing early in the year - hope he’s coping as well as possible
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 19:50:56 »

Hi everybody,

This will probably be my last post on here....and I'll explain why.

I've been a member on here since 2011. Before that the only real alternative for Town fans was the ThisisSTFC forum  of The Advertiser. It was, frankly, pretty poor and the level of discussion on here seemed to be on a more intellectually higher level. The posters here appeared to be more intelligent than on other sites....😘

Recently, I corrected one of the administrators in a post that he made, because it was factually inaccurate and, as I pointed out, mostly bullshit. He obviously didn't like having his bullshit pointed out to him and, rather than taking the grown up route of accepting it gracefully, or replying in the thread, he chose to delete my post and edited my profile, calling me a cunt. He has since edited my profile name....as you can all see for yourselves.

I actually have no problem with someone reacting to a comment in a thread by coming back at me with a "fuck off" or "cunt", but when the Admins are resorting to modifying the profiles of users that have no right to reply it is just a tad hostile and, honestly, a little bit childish. I thought this site was better than that. But, having seen in the past when certain posters have annoyed the little cliques on here (Bamboo, Jimmy Quinn, Geoff the Ref......) I maybe should have known better.

In this case I happen to know that the Administrator in question has about the same age as me (late 50s)....because I actually know him, which makes his actions even more disappointing. I haven't had a problem with him in the past and it is slightly disappointing that someone of that age should act like, well, a knob,  a cunt.....whatever you want to call it 😉.

The numbers on here are disappearing. It's not just because The Town have been a bit shit these last few years. It is because some of the posters, and in particular, the Admin, have, on occasions, been little shits too. Just a suggestion, but maybe stop being so hostile to new posters, or to people with a different opinion, or to those that point out, occasionally, that you may be wrong about something.

Alternatively, you can just go for the cheap laugh to your core audience of about 10 posters and call someone a cunt and edit their profile to hound them off the site....

Love Bob (the knob) 🥰
PS....most of the core posters on here are great, very intelligent, and are definitely not cunts.
Quagmire

Arthur Fouler

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 19:56:37 »

Hi everybody,

I've been a member on here since 2011. Before that the only real alternative for Town fans was the ThisisSTFC forum  of The Advertiser. It was, frankly, pretty poor and the level of discussion on here seemed to be on a more intellectually higher level. The posters here appeared to be more intelligent than on other sites....😘

Recently, I corrected one of the administrators in a post that he made, because it was factually inaccurate and, as I pointed out, mostly bullshit. He obviously didn't like having his bullshit pointed out to him and, rather than taking the grown up route of accepting it gracefully, or replying in the thread, he chose to delete my post and edited my profile, calling me a cunt. He has since edited my profile name....as you can all see for yourselves.

I actually have no problem with someone reacting to a comment in a thread by coming back at me with a "fuck off" or "cunt", but when the Admins are resorting to modifying the profiles of users that have no right to reply it is just a tad hostile and, honestly, a little bit childish. I thought this site was better than that. But, having seen in the past when certain posters have annoyed the little cliques on here (Bamboo, Jimmy Quinn, Geoff the Ref......) I maybe should have known better.

In this case I happen to know that the Administrator in question has about the same age as me (late 50s)....because I actually know him, which makes his actions even more disappointing. I haven't had a problem with him in the past and it is slightly disappointing that someone of that age should act like, well, a knob,  a cunt.....whatever you want to call it 😉.

The numbers on here are disappearing. It's not just because The Town have been a bit shit these last few years. It is because some of the posters, and in particular, the Admin, have, on occasions, been little shits too. Just a suggestion, but maybe stop being so hostile to new posters, or to people with a different opinion, or to those that point out, occasionally, that you may be wrong about something.

Alternatively, you can just go for the cheap laugh to your core audience of about 10 posters and call someone a cunt and edit their profile to hound them off the site....

Love Bob (the knob) 🥰
PS....most of the core posters on here are great, very intelligent, and are definitely not cunts.

That’s a shame, hope to see you back in the future.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 19:58:19 »

I must have missed something  Huh?
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 20:07:28 »

Hi everybody,

Love Bob (the knob) 🥰

I’m sure everybody knows who you are referring to, and yeah, I think the consensus is he is genuinely a bit of a knob himself. When he changed my name to get his little kicks I just deleted my old account and adopted the moniker he’d given me. Go me.

Would rather you didn’t stop posting, by the way. 
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 20:13:23 »

Although I can probably read between the lines.
Name & shame.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 20:15:22 »

This bit makes me suspicious that you must post on a different forum.

Fwiw the admin/mod editing profiles thing has been a thing forever (I did not choose shit bacon, or indeed any bacon at all) but people do seem to find it a bit less funny these days.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 20:16:36 »

Don't go exiled

I'm not getting involved with what's gone on.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 68   Go Up
Print
Jump to: