Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51324 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:48:53 »

Lumps,dont forget Lumps Sad

/
W56196272
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:50:11 »

We are all missing the most important point here.

What is PDC's favourite cheese?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #287 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:50:35 »

Shame to lose two good posters and to be fair as i have said before fair play to anyone who stands up for what they believe in so passionatly.

Shame though.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:51:00 »

I would be more concerned if PDC had been appointed as leader of Swindon borough council as his political views would be relevant to the role. As manager of STFC I can't see him using this as a soap box to achieve world domination...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #289 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:52:42 »

I think that's probably best in your case, you seem a little confused on everything else.

It's snide and unnecessary remarks like that which could lead to things getting out of hand on here.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:52:42 »

Apparently the Pox don't like him much ('cos obviously if given the chance to have Di Canio manage them they would turn him down on principle):

I really hope this comes back to bite them:

I feel a little bit dirty after having looked at the Oxford site you linked to.  Another post read as follows:

May 17, 2011, 10:49am, kahunaburger wrote: Di Canio second favourite now.
http://newsthump.com/2011/05/11/swindon-town-fans-to-embrace-fascism/
I know it's a spoof site but surely no-one remotely believes a Swindon supporter would be capable of string a sentence together like:
“We could take on Di Canio and give the team strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the club strong, or we could hire Jim Magilton. It’s a no-brainer!” said one enthusiastic season ticket holder.
“Let’s be honest, I think we’d all take a little authoritarian indoctrination in order to secure League One football.”

Spacey needs to have a word
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:54:19 »

It's snide and unnecessary remarks like that which could lead to things getting out of hand on here.
Oh FFS. It was a gentle piss-take. And I thought I took life too seriously. Wouldn't worry about it anyway, I'll probably be following mex and ben out the door soon enough.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:55:19 »

I'll judge him on how he acts as STFC manager.
yes.
 I thought mr wray spoke very highly of mr di canio and was very very impressed with him! wray wants the fans to be excited about him and i am. for those who missed it on the radio it was fantastic and im realy looking fowerd to the new season i really canot wait. we needed someone with passion someone who the players can relate to and respect we now have that man, the county ground will be the place to be next season we will win the league and the place will be rocking!!!!
UP THE REDS!!!!
people who have left the forum and are not going to follow the team, ull be back when were at the top. sort it out.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #293 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:55:45 »

It's a bit difficult to tell who is taking the piss and who isn't though.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:56:49 »

Big shame.  I won't try to talk you out of it, because I know how seriously you take the issue.  I just hope you find a way to come back soon.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:58:15 »

Oh FFS. It was a gentle piss-take. And I thought I took life too seriously. Wouldn't worry about it anyway, I'll probably be following mex and ben out the door soon enough.

No ..... I wont let you leave!

Someone lock the f*****g door!!!!!!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:59:09 »

We are all missing the most important point here.

What is PDC's favourite cheese?

I take it from this that he is a mascarpone man...

This came round on the London Reds e-mail list a short time ago.  Have to say, it made me laugh.

Has anyone else read Paolo Di Canio's autobiography? I read it ~10 years ago (and should still have it somewhere - I'll try to look it out for June 17th). Unlike many sportsmen's autobiographies, I found it most entertaining, and not entirely dissimilar to Brian Moore's book in style. The comments on the photos were particularly amusing, one being something along the lines of "Observe the confused look on [defender X]'s face, as he is completely befuddled by my trickery..." . A Swindon-relevant comment which sticks in the mind is him referring to Danny Wilson as "a frustrated nobody"... The most bizarre bit though is at the end, where for no particular reason, he gives detailed instructions on how to make Tiramisu just how he likes it...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:02:43 »

people who have left the forum and are not going to follow the team, ull be back when were at the top. sort it out.
I very much doubt it. I think you're underestimating quite how strongly some people feel about this. You might think it's trivial, pathetic, taking irrelevant stuff too seriously etc etc but that's not the point. The likes of mex, Dorset Red etc (and me) don't see it as trivial. Can't say about DR, but I think I know mex well enough to say he hasn't taken this kind of decision lightly. I very much doubt any of these people will be back watching Town while Di Canio's in charge (and yes I know it won't make any difference to the gate etc etc). A sprinkling of success won't change that. Just because you think it's trivial, doesn't mean others do
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:03:12 »

No ..... I wont let you leave!

Someone lock the f*****g door!!!!!!
You sound just like that custody sergeant Smiley
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:05:40 »

It is a shame if people are actually deleting their accounts - particularly if they are "leading lights" of the forum.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: