Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51365 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:14:00 »

They made you a moron  Cheesy

Wise men say........

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:14:53 »

God save the Queen
i was singing that in my head just before you posted that.Smiley
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:15:39 »

So far Nick Watkins has interviewed Malpas, Wilson and Hart. So that's not exactly a ringing endorsement

I'll give you Malpas.  Wilson was gods gift last year and whilst he made mistakes, I think the board and the players should be held just as culpable.  Was Hart actually interviewed?
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:17:16 »

not all fans are going to be happy it has been a choice between Di Canio and Didi
With Didi we would have German efficiency and technical play
With PDC we will have a rollarcoast ride with hopefully a lot of fun
Both will not be here for the long haul and they will use it as a stepping stone which is good for them and hopefully good for us
More importantly the club have acted quickly a move in the right direction
I can't wait to see PDC when we play Poxford or those peg sellers from Kent
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:18:51 »

At least the "Swindon Ultras" will be pleased.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:19:13 »

but he also would have interviewed candidates for various other roles before any involvement in football, it's quite likely he just meant that di canio was the best candidate for a respective role he ever interviewed...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #246 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:19:15 »

We still don't know that Didi was in the running at all. In fact, it would seem as though he wasn't.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:20:58 »

but he also would have interviewed candidates for various other roles before any involvement in football, it's quite likely he just meant that di canio was the best candidate for a respective role he ever interviewed...

Yes this was the point Wray was making I think. He referenced Watkins' 7 years in executive recruitment prior to his time at Swindon when quoting that opinion.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #248 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:24:34 »

No, he had no professional involvement in sport before he joined us
Wray said Watkins in his 7 years experience of interviewing people for executive managment positions he has never been so impressed.

On the subject of not talking about Di Canios political stance maybe they did but wray doesn't want to go into that? It's up to Di Canio to answer to the press those questions if he is asked not Jeremy Wrays.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:27:36 »

With Didi we would have German efficiency and technical play
With PDC we will have a rollarcoast ride with hopefully a lot of fun

While I agree with the main sentiment of your post, seeing as neither of them has ever managed a team I don't think you can make any assumptions as to what sort of football they would encourage their teams to play just based on their nationality or even their playing style during their careers.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #250 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:29:00 »

Did the Board confirm that Hamman had even applied?

Di Canio wasn't my top choice but it is an exciting appointment and like others have said represents a complete change in club ethos in terms of manager personalty/skill sets/experience etc. In short, they have listened to the fans.

My only concern is that he is as erratic as he was as a player or that the media will give all their attention and focus to his political leanings and the club will get dragged through the mud with it. I know fans have given a lot of debate and coverage to this and the 'fascist not racist' argument but to be fair he has never said anything in the media (from what I can see) which is racist. We can argue to the hilt about whether fascism and racism goes hand in hand and imply particular things but it will be best to leave this debate behind for now. Those so strongly opposed should leave quietly and those who don't see a problem, or are apathetic towards it can get on with supporting the club. The club is bigger than one man's political beliefs anyway.

After 2 years (albeit not continuous) of shit football under managers this board has appointed I'm really looking forward to something a bit different next season.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:29:44 »

This came round on the London Reds e-mail list a short time ago.  Have to say, it made me laugh.

Has anyone else read Paolo Di Canio's autobiography? I read it ~10 years ago (and should still have it somewhere - I'll try to look it out for June 17th). Unlike many sportsmen's autobiographies, I found it most entertaining, and not entirely dissimilar to Brian Moore's book in style. The comments on the photos were particularly amusing, one being something along the lines of "Observe the confused look on [defender X]'s face, as he is completely befuddled by my trickery..." . A Swindon-relevant comment which sticks in the mind is him referring to Danny Wilson as "a frustrated nobody"... The most bizarre bit though is at the end, where for no particular reason, he gives detailed instructions on how to make Tiramisu just how he likes it...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:32:50 »

so he's a mascarpone man then
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #253 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:34:15 »

That's comedy gold Ardiles.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:39:37 »

Well, well, well, Paolo di Canio is the new manager of Swindon Town, Who would of ever thought that 6 weeks ago, or even 3 weeks ago. Yes a few feathers are defiantly going to be ruffled by Robin’s supporters, however wasn’t the same thing said about Hoddle?
His appointment as manager ( di Canio) is risky I agree but I’m sure he’s going to do the club well, and am confident that he will lead us out of league 2 next season.
There must have been something about him the board liked or they wouldn’t of given him the job, and before someone says they only appointed him because of the money that will be generated through gate receipts I say so what, more money means more bums on seats and hopefully these new supporters will stay.
Also I’m sure he has great contacts in the game so may be able to persuade better players to come in as well.
Yes he had his moments in his playing career but so have other high profile players, Cantona anyone?
It’s going to be an interesting pre season, wonder if we could get a friendly with Lazio?
Let him lead us out of league 2, Let him get us playing great football, Let him get us more people coming to watch and Let him give us a higher profile in football, if he’s only here for a few seasons before going on to bigger club so be it, this is going to be an exciting season I can feel it, and to be honest I can’t wait.
Come on you reds
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:51:37 by dave_bambers_right_sock » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: