Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 50589 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:08:56 »

Anyone who deletes their account over this is just childish and silly.

dont be such a twat

run along now
Coca Fola

« Reply #331 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:12:10 »

Let's talk Ustase...
You have a point to be fair. I forgot about them. Although it is now a defunct movement so I think its irrelevant to the conversation.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:17:18 by Coca Fola » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:17:03 »

You have a point to be fair. I forgot about them.

Perhaps you could ask Paolo for his views at a fan's forum?
Coca Fola

« Reply #333 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:18:15 »

Perhaps you could ask Paolo for his views at a fan's forum?
It happened so long ago though, I don't have a hatred for Croatia because of it. Chetniks on the other hand....
Coca Fola

« Reply #334 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:20:16 »

Anyway I can see where this conversation is heading so I'm gonna leave it there.  Zipped
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:39:38 »

What an absolute clusterfuck of a reaction. I don't mean people shouldn't do what they feel, but I'm a bit gutted that Ben and Mex (and possibly PaulD) feel they need to leave the TED and maybe not attend STFC games Sad

Hope you come back guys.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:47:22 »

Wrays interview now on bbc site, well worth alisten!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13466915.stm
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 16:57:43 »

Why would anyone feel the need to delete themselves from the TEF because of STFC's choice of manager? As far as I'm aware this site has no official link to STFC.

I'm genuinely gob-smacked by the reaction of a minority on here & it smacks of attention seeking more than anything.

The way most of our squad displayed a complete lack of interest in the Swindon shirt & contempt for paying customers whilst earning thousands of pounds a week I found disgusting. I would have been happy with the appointment of Hitler as manager towards the end of last season
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:00:00 »

It's a crying shame that two good members of this forum feel so strongly about the appointment that they have deleted their accounts, it's kind of deflated my excitement somewhat.
Hopefully they'll reconsider.

Yes it is a shame but fair play to them. They have their views and feel strongly about them.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:01:38 »

I think I can. The overwhelming mood is that people are really pleased about what they see as an exciting appointment. If you don't join in that general euphoria, but actually find the cause of it makes you feel quite sick then it's difficult to be around. A bit like (say) a Tory being at the 97 Blair victory party. Or being at a party where everyone's celebrating and you've just been told your grandma's dead. Or some equally inappropriate metaphor. You have two alternatives: go round being a bit "pissing on everyone's strawberries" or simply remove yourself from the party you're so obviously out of sync with.

Of course, Ben and Mex may have completely different reasons and I may be talking out of my arse. As usual.

I think that sums it up quite well Hobodan
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:04:44 »

I'm genuinely gob-smacked by the reaction of a minority on here & it smacks of attention seeking more than anything.

Some people have beliefs and principles that are very important to them.  I guess they didn't want the circular arguments about the whole topic, hence deleted themselves. Its a hard thing to avoid when you've made it known how you feel.

Well maybe not Ben, he probably got drunk and pressed the wrong button.

To you and I it may first seem like an overreaction, that's because we don't hold those same principles as strongly. And yes that makes me a hypocrite. I slated Crispy and the EDL but I can't apply the same to PDC because to me football is more important (plus I'm fairly ignorant and don't know PDCs level of dedication to facism).

edit: Wot Paul said in Fred's quote Sad
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:06:52 by Batch » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:36:38 »

We all have differing political beliefs. Unlike in Italy where strangely clubs seem to belong to a political party, football clubs in this country have fans from all backgrounds. Surely the one thing that unites us is Swindon Town?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:38:35 »

Well this thread was a complete clusterfuck to read after getting back from holiday.
Wiggler

« Reply #343 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:39:53 »

Always a shame when we lose paying supporters, but guaranteed we'll pick up more next year with this appointment. (internet fans don't really register anywhere so hard to see what difference it'll make to anything?)

I stopped going during the dark days of the Diamandis reign, lost my love for the club completely so I can understand the feeling, although I don't agree this appointment should be a catalyst for such a reaction. Get over it and get down the CG it's going to be a rollercoaster!!  Cool

Personally this is the most exciting appointment since Hoddle, and I cannot wait for the start of pre season!! Not been this excited for years and that surely is ultimately what football should be about.  Beers

Hats off to the board for really pushing the boat out with a marquee signing like this, I believe the passion, charisma and leading by example that Di Canio brings to the club will give players and fans a massive lift.

Grinning from ear to ear tonight, off to get pissed and celebrate!! Beers Beers
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:42:57 »

Ben and Mex have been immense posters but I do not respect people leaving the forum.

We must all be bloody mad to support STFC and for one reason or another, even of principled protest, some of us may have been able to stop ourselves going to matches.

I believed what we had in common was that we would always be red whatever differences we had with the club, its managers, its players, itds fans including with each other.

This is a fucking forum, ie we abuse, mick take, annoy, bore, amuse, inform one another.  A forum does not take any one line, hell there's even been one or two posters who don't seem to fully get it about the Pox, and severing links with this forum (as opposed to drifting away) is far from standing up to fascism if that is how some see it, but highly misguided.

In political life it's usually when dialogue stops that problems start
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: