Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hart and McP gone - Bodin in charge til end of season...  (Read 40575 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 16:43:32 »

Not a lot worse than men against boys....it's why we can't win the Wiltshire Shield.

Nevertheless it could be these lads haven't been picked not because they're not good enough, but because of some plot so why not....just don't expect too much.

I think having Bodin in charge will help. He's the man that has coached these lads and some of the ones that have gone on to get deals. Expect Billy to start upfront. That's a given.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 17:43:32 »

It's a shame that Bodin only has 2 matches.

People will get excited and call for his appointment if he does well but it's ridiculously important that the board get this next appointment right.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 17:48:46 »

Appointing Bodin permanently would be a massive gamble to base on two meaningless (for us) matches. It'd be the managerial equivalent of signing Dossevi based on the Forest friendly
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 18:25:38 »

I'd like to see him become assistant.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Coca Fola

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 18:26:34 »

I'd like to see him become assistant.
This. Paving the way for him to become our manager in the future perhaps.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #95 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 18:29:48 »

On what basis though? Not arguing it but not sure why even before that people wanted him as manager and some want him as assistant.

Most managers come as a partnership these days so if Bodin is to do that role any new manager will be taking a big gamble themselves. I like Bodin personally but don't feel he has the people skills to be an assistant you need to be sort of a go between for that role imo.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 18:31:04 »

Hoddle and Bodin FTW.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 18:40:00 »

i don't think bodin will risk taking the job permanantly.
he has lived in swindon since his playing days and worked in the youth set up for years.if he took the job and it went pete tong then he could be up shit street.i don't think he is wealthy enough to do nothing,so would have to look for work post here.so would be a risk to take the job on as manager.
has a steady job at the moment with little risk of losing it.

that said, it may well be too tempting if offered,and for all i know he may be minted.might5 have the ambition to further his managerial career,he could lead us up the leagues and be a hero for years.ifs buts maybes.

« Last Edit: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 18:43:42 by arriba » Logged
Coca Fola

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 18:44:13 »

He who dares......  Wink
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:05:13 »

I'll forever love Zippy for THAT penalty, but I don't think it's the right time to risk giving him the job full-time.

I am very much in favour of the idea of giving the job to an up-and-coming type, but coaching kids is very different to managing a football league club and I think Zippy's been too far out of touch with the professional game at first team level.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:11:47 »

Set against that, he's less of a risk than the "high profile ex-pro taking first steps in management" option that many would wet their pants at e.g. a rehash of the Wise/Poyet scenario.

Oh, I don't know. Appoint someone, I'll support them and hope they can do a good job here, irrespective of pedigree, past track record etc. Then if it works out I'll praise your managerial selection skills, if it doesn't I'll call you tossers. How's that?
Dazzza

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:14:22 »

How did he get on a Bath City?

I see he resigned after being offered a part-time role but how did he perform.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:15:38 »

Football management is too unpredictable to write-off the rookie. It's about brains more than anything (and the occasional contact here and there).

The always used example is Nigel Adkins. Once a physio but always had a good football brain and now a decent lower league manager with good potential.

Dick Mackey it is then.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:16:57 »

i don't think bodin will risk taking the job permanantly.
he has lived in swindon since his playing days and worked in the youth set up for years.if he took the job and it went pete tong then he could be up shit street.i don't think he is wealthy enough to do nothing,so would have to look for work post here.so would be a risk to take the job on as manager.
has a steady job at the moment with little risk of losing it.

that said, it may well be too tempting if offered,and for all i know he may be minted.might5 have the ambition to further his managerial career,he could lead us up the leagues and be a hero for years.ifs buts maybes.

I think you'll find that Bodin has already said the youth set up is at risk as a result of the drop. If that is the case then being offered the managers job may be a risk worth taking...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:18:34 »

Hope he gets the job.
We need a fresh young manager,Lge 2 is the place to learn the trade.
I am fed up with these older cronies who think they are Mourinio with the shite tactics and trying to get average players doing jobs they just couldn't do.

Good luck and as i say i for one would like him to be given the nod.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: