Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton and co...  (Read 39641 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 23:24:47 »

i dont buy into the points being made about prospective managers not being interested in coming here.
i think there would have been plenty of applications from candidates with decent track records.
doesn't matter now though as the decision has been made.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 23:33:52 »

i dont buy into the points being made about prospective managers not being interested in coming here.
i think there would have been plenty of applications from candidates with decent track records.
doesn't matter now though as the decision has been made.

Yes, but was it worth goign through a big application process over the course of a few days, or was it more important to get somebody in within 24 huors to prepare for the game against Walsall?

I can see why the latter route was taken.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 00:15:51 »

Yes, but was it worth goign through a big application process over the course of a few days, or was it more important to get somebody in within 24 huors to prepare for the game against Walsall?

I can see why the latter route was taken.

Fitton should have been on the phone to Johnson instead of Hart.

Johnson would have come here, he's probably now on his way to Northampton.

I can only assume this Hart appointment is short term, I can't think this is for the long term. I hope not anyway.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 4, 2011, 00:23:56 by mrverve » Logged
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 04:37:09 »

THIS FORUM CERTAINLY LIVES UP TO THE 80% BOLLOCKS TAG.

All this winging about alleged mistakes by Fitton. As far as I am concerned I'm dead happy even if we get relegated. At least we will be in business next season. At least we have a shot at going for promotion next season from this league or league two. We haven't got a bunch of twats running the club who are only interested in lining their own pockets. Don't get me wrong I want us to suceed, but first & foremost I want a club to support.

From the Dark Side
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 07:21:16 »

All this winging about alleged mistakes by Fitton. As far as I am concerned I'm dead happy even if we get relegated. At least we will be in business next season. At least we have a shot at going for promotion next season from this league or league two. We haven't got a bunch of twats running the club who are only interested in lining their own pockets. Don't get me wrong I want us to suceed, but first & foremost I want a club to support.
Clap well said

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 09:34:27 »

Fitton should have been on the phone to Johnson instead of Hart.

Johnson would have come here, he's probably now on his way to Northampton.

I can only assume this Hart appointment is short term, I can't think this is for the long term. I hope not anyway.

I think we all hoped for Gary Johnson but has he ever had any experience of coming into a club when they are on the fringes of relegation at this stage of the season? I think the answer is no and with Hart having done that twice it does look like the board have made a sensible appointment.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 09:47:37 »

i'd say the above is bollocks,and infact a bit sad.
the i'm just happy to have a club stuff is in the past.yes it was a shit time,and we should be(and are)grateful to the board for rescuing the club.
but,we are not in the past anymore so we should look at what is happening now.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #52 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 09:49:04 »

we are not in the past anymore so we should look at what is happening now.

They are though, aren't they?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 09:51:33 »

Well it still carries some weight arriba but you're right we can't spend the next decade saying "At least we've still got a club" because if the results aren't there on the pitch to match the excellent work done off it, we pretty soon won't. Or at least certainly not one that the hard work done off the pitch deserves.

One thing I do find encouraging from this week's events is that they've clearly learnt from the way Malpas going/Wilson's appointment was handled. No drawn-out saga this time, manager search all done up front (presumably they've been looking at candidates for weeks, no matter what the official line) and then when they're ready, one out and the replacement in. Everyone makes mistakes, the sign of a good outfit is whether you can learn from them. This lot clearly do.

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 09:54:18 »

They are though, aren't they?

who is they? if you mean the board then yes.
i was on about some fans.

also,agree pauld with your post.
lets be honest though,they didn't have time to draw it out.
the league position has forced in through quickly.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 4, 2011, 09:56:59 by arriba » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 10:13:22 »

I think we all hoped for Gary Johnson
No we didn't.
I don't think I have met a Peterborough fan who wasn't pleased to see the back of him, and that was before they knew who his replacement was.

I don't think it's a coincidence that their results have improved since he left.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 10:17:26 »

I think we all hoped for Gary Johnson

Speak for yourself.

I remain a Tisdale fanboy, but our only hope of getting him here is to stay in this division and then offer to back him with money and time. Appointing Hart to the end of the season is a completely sensible approach to step one, although he might have to win more than the three games he managed with Palace in the same time frame last season.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 10:21:17 »

Well it still carries some weight arriba but you're right we can't spend the next decade saying "At least we've still got a club" because if the results aren't there on the pitch to match the excellent work done off it, we pretty soon won't. Or at least certainly not one that the hard work done off the pitch deserves.

One thing I do find encouraging from this week's events is that they've clearly learnt from the way Malpas going/Wilson's appointment was handled. No drawn-out saga this time, manager search all done up front (presumably they've been looking at candidates for weeks, no matter what the official line) and then when they're ready, one out and the replacement in. Everyone makes mistakes, the sign of a good outfit is whether you can learn from them. This lot clearly do.

Totally agree

The time for back slapping has gone, and whilst I appreciate what has been done, I now go to watch the football which at times has been piss poor.

Fitton has made mistakes without doubt, I just hope he has not left his rectification too late to save us.

All this "I dont care what league we are in" is, quite frankly, Bollocks
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 10:52:34 »

where the fuck has this talk of fans wanting Johnson here come from?

Cos I certainly don't want him here.

Also I wish people would read or listen to news reports. Hart is here till the end of the season and then it'll be reviewed. He's not signed a 3 year deal he's here for 13 games.

As for Fitton and Co not knowing what they are doing, as PaulD has rightly said. they've learnt from the lengthy break between appointments and got it sorted asap. they know we're in the shit and have acted quickly to sort it. The Hart apppointment didn't get my blood flowing at first but with McParland in as a number two it's added a bit more spice to it and given me more belief we will not be relegated.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 4, 2011, 11:02:47 »

The Hart apppointment didn't get my blood flowing at first but with McParland in as a number two it's added a bit more spice to it and given me more belief we will not be relegated.
That's a very good point about McParland. I'd hate to be the player coming off the pitch having not put in a shift and having to justify myself to that scary fucker!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: