Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton and co...  (Read 38980 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 12:59:13 »

They'll be confused and angry. as usual.
rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 13:11:21 »

"В межсезонье «Трактор» покидает главный тренер Г. Цыгуров, а ему на смену приходит воспитанни
к команды, бывший игрок НХЛ и ряда российских клубов А. Назаров. Старт сезона-2007/20
08 для «Трактора» начинается с поражения от питерского СКА. Но два дня спустя команда демонстрир
ует свою неплохую форму (набранную в межсезонье — тому пример второе место на мемориале Ромазана) и обыгрывает «Химик» из Мытищ."

Certainly confused if this one is anything to go by! Can't tell if he's angry as well, though
Sussex

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 13:16:04 »

In all walks of life I'm not comfortable with dramatic shifts... It makes me feel uneasy.

Wiltshire to Newcastle's quite a dramatic shift  Smiley
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 17:04:54 »

"В межсезонье «Трактор» покидает главный тренер Г. Цыгуров, а ему на смену приходит воспитанни
к команды, бывший игрок НХЛ и ряда российских клубов А. Назаров. Старт сезона-2007/20
08 для «Трактора» начинается с поражения от питерского СКА. Но два дня спустя команда демонстрир
ует свою неплохую форму (набранную в межсезонье — тому пример второе место на мемориале Ромазана) и обыгрывает «Химик» из Мытищ."

Certainly confused if this one is anything to go by! Can't tell if he's angry as well, though

All Greek to me  (I think)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 17:33:44 »

I think DMR's gripe is not just the appointment of Hart but Fitton's knowledge of football-and I tend to think also he is clueless-too hands on for my liking.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 17:39:12 »

"Fitton is following the Goldilocks school of managerial appointments. Malpas was too cold, Wilson too hot, will Hart be our bowl of porridge? It's too early to tell just yet.

Of course a sensible person would have just mixed the too hot and too cold porridge together, instead of risking the third, potentially poisonous, bowl.

The traditional third time lucky approach is rarely the correct one. Why not take the mattresses off the beds and use them with the chairs to make some sort of fort? Much more fun.

The board need to stop relying on fairy tales and help Hart build our squad out of bricks."

How do you think that will go down with the intelligentsia on TIST? fB?

I like this post. I don't know what the fuck it means but I like it. A lot.

Cool
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 17:43:11 »

Wiltshire to Newcastle's quite a dramatic shift  Smiley

...and I'm still not fully comfortable with it!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 17:53:37 »

All Greek to me  (I think)

It's Russian.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 18:31:03 »

Authorising the release/sale of several vital players.
Not acting quick enough to stop our slide this season.
Not enough investment in light of the players the board have allowed to move on.

We owe him some (alot to be fair) gratitude granted for getting us on an even keel, but I'm starting to think the bloke doesn't have a clue when it comes to football. Great businessman, check. Useless tosspot as football club authority figure... maybe?

I reckon our approach to buying / selling players is spot on. Pay money for young players with the aim of selling them on for a profit and don't pay anything for older players. If a decent offer comes in for a player then take it. We have to make money from the transfer market and this is the way to do it.

All the complaints regarding our transfer market activity boil down to one thing - Greer being sold. We've been through this a million times and personally I still don't see what the problem was. We've fucked ourselves over plenty of times in the past giving long contracts to highly paid senior players who then turn to shit or get injured and can't play. Fitton doesn't want to take that risk and it's spot on in my book.

Agree about Fitton looking out of his depth with the managers though. Malpas was a mistake, not replacing him quick enough was a mistake, not sacking Wilson sooner was a mistake. It was obvious come the end of 2010 that Wilson wasn't achieving the right results and had little chance of turning it round and he should have gone then, if he had I don't think we'd be in the mess we're in.

On the flipside, appointing Wilson was a good move and I'd say the same about Hart (short term to get us out of the shit). Still not good enough overall though and it will be interesting to see who gets the job permanently in the summer.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 18:35:04 »

I still don't believe the shit season id about Greer/Paynter.

I think we'd have had a crap season anyway with or without them, maybe mid-table if they stayed.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 18:40:40 »

It's Russian.

... and a load of bollocks.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 18:41:32 »

... and a load of bollocks.
Par for the course for thisis then. Nice to see it translates globally (the talking a load of bollocks thing)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 18:44:50 »

Actually out here bollocks are colloquially referred to as eggs ... it's enough to put you off your 3 minute boiled wotsit and soldiers.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 18:45:41 »

I think we'd have had a crap season anyway with or without them, maybe mid-table if they stayed.

I don't think missing paynter has had that big an effect, but you have to say losing greer has played a big part in how we've been. Look how many clean sheets we've kept

Things get better but they never get good
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 19:21:05 »

Which is (like it or not) based on the last 10 years our natural level
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: