Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton and co...  (Read 38978 times)
DMR

« on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:27:51 »

If, big if, we end up with Hart, to me that's 2 out of 3 managerial appointments that are absolute shockers with Malpas.
Authorising the release/sale of several vital players.
Not acting quick enough to stop our slide this season.
Not enough investment in light of the players the board have allowed to move on.
5 year plan can be laughed off the table.

We owe him some (alot to be fair) gratitude granted for getting us on an even keel, but I'm starting to think the bloke doesn't have a clue when it comes to football. Great businessman, check. Useless tosspot as football club authority figure... maybe?

Discuss.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:29:41 »

I feel more uneasy about the idea of Hart coming in than Wilson remaining in charge. I fear change.

Have to give him a chance... If he comes in.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:31:37 »

kept palace up last season

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:34:43 »

kept palace up last season
Appointed by Palace on the 2nd March last year. A year ago exactly (because let's face it he's already been appointed, he's just not been officially announced yet)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:36:43 »

I think its best to judge whether Hart was a decent appointment after he's at least had a game in charge!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:39:32 »

I'll be unhappy with anyone but Andy King.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:52:26 »

Does anyone know what type of football he plays. I don't really mind as long as we start picking up points but wondering what type of formation he plays etc?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:53:39 »

I think its best to judge whether Hart was a decent appointment after he's at least had a game in charge!!

Come on now Dave...you know that's the TEF way Roll Eyes
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:43:13 »

I was reminded of something I'd just read on the Adver site when reading this thread...

mikes0708, Swindon says...
9:20pm Wed 2 Mar 11
Sounds like another "Yes" man for tinkerer Fitton. He sold Greer, thought Pericard was a wonderful replacement for Paynter, and brought in the wondeful Malpas, just in case anyone has forgotten.

He was a non-league chairman and obviously enjoys that status because thats exactly wher the Town are heading!

Wilson's gone, Hart seems about as popular as Hitler and now Fitton is the new Wilson.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:59:09 »

Hart isn't an exciting apointment, but if it works, i'll be fine with it. I do agree with the generic comments regarding Fitton's decisions and actions regarding the footballing side of things though. I'm not entirely sure he knows what he is doing other than in the off-field commercial stuff.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
woolster

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 23:05:57 »

i bet danny is sat at home smoking a big fat cigar with a great big cheesy smile, no more worries Pint
Drakes Way

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 10:59:24 »

I feel more uneasy about the idea of Hart coming in than Wilson remaining in charge. I fear change.

Have to give him a chance... If he comes in.
What change do you fear ? For me things have to change for us to have a chance to get out of the shit we are in.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 12:32:03 »

What change do you fear ? For me things have to change for us to have a chance to get out of the shit we are in.

In all walks of life I'm not comfortable with dramatic shifts... It makes me feel uneasy.

That's just me.
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 12:46:07 »

In all walks of life I'm not comfortable with dramatic shifts... It makes me feel uneasy.

That's just me.

I just sang that like a line of that fucking unbearably twee dating advert. I'm worried about my brain.
rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 12:51:39 »

"Fitton is following the Goldilocks school of managerial appointments. Malpas was too cold, Wilson too hot, will Hart be our bowl of porridge? It's too early to tell just yet.

Of course a sensible person would have just mixed the too hot and too cold porridge together, instead of risking the third, potentially poisonous, bowl.

The traditional third time lucky approach is rarely the correct one. Why not take the mattresses off the beds and use them with the chairs to make some sort of fort? Much more fun.

The board need to stop relying on fairy tales and help Hart build our squad out of bricks."

How do you think that will go down with the intelligentsia on TIST? fB?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: