Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What makes you weep?  (Read 2849 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 18:22:30 »

Watching Swindon Town, Christ,  Couldn’t be an easier question.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 06:30:15 »

I did say that was a given 😛
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 08:16:07 »

Strangely it doesn’t now, it’s gone beyond that to an expectation of being shite, which I think is even worse
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:05:59 »

Strangely it doesn’t now, it’s gone beyond that to an expectation of being shite, which I think is even worse
Same for me, I used to care but now everything connected to the club is just "meh" I am resigned to it being shit now and have very very low expectations.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:19:35 »

It’s like waiting for the second coming

Or the apocalypse
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:41:21 »

In 10 years time we will be the equivalent of Aldershot and the people saying now we will bring the players in we need next season will be the same ones saying then, we are too big for NL and we will bring in the players we need next season to go and win the league - absolute zombie fans for a zombie club
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:45:38 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 12:04:36 »

Should have "At least we have a club" on the badge.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 12:10:14 »

Should have "At least we have a club" on the badge.

Certe Habemus Clava. Perhaps Bamboo could add it to his ever changing crest.

says Google, probably complete nonsense to anyone who actually did latin...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 23:15:22 »

So being a Town fan is something you can switch off just like that. I genuinely do envy people who can think that. I think

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 23, 2024, 00:41:44 »

Certe Habemus Clava. Perhaps Bamboo could add it to his ever changing crest.

says Google, probably complete nonsense to anyone who actually did latin...

Tbh, because the badge is complete nonsense {am I talking about my crest or the official one....}, I like to throw in a bit of Latin and modern English combined. The crest is obviously meant to be an absolute train wreck {quite literally in some iterations}. The latest got ''upgraded'' {good show, I'm on that} from ''Salubritas et Sandro'' to ''Salubritas et Laundry''...

I had considered something which related to the continuous nonchalant apathy of some of the fan base but I thought that unfair; many of us have been through enough so didn't want to target our own support. I like to amend the satirical crest with digs and nods towards various board members {sorry, I genuinely mean ''Matchday Guests'', turncoat players and poor management.

There was thinking recently of upgrading it with an orange outline/blocking, instead of ''STFC Red'' but the orange revolution appears to have dissipated at present {unfortunately}.

I do have to start another one though, I've made so many amendments, sometimes over the original lossless file {then saved as a jpg} and edited that some have become a bit lossy with several artefacts. Part of me kind of doesn't mind the shitness - as it then adds a more indicative nature of how I feel about the club; I don't want it to be shit but I also accept that it currently is shit - so the crest becomes a satire sandwich, with more compounded satire loaded on top.

Despite the ridiculousness of it, there actually is some sort of thinking going into it, as well as the mainstays, like the upturned dead robin, the runaway train {yep, I know it's the wrong engine/tender but it wouldn't be STFC if something wasn't wrong}, the deflated football, the nettles instead of olive branches/whatever to represent various bad folk who have stung us or are currently stinging us. These lessen or thin out when things seem on the up. Much like the rest of the crest - it improves as the club improves.

STFC being such a rollercoaster, this crest will seemingly be in an eternal state of flux.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 23:36:25 »

Just watched the last episode of Band Of Brothers and Dick Winters closing comments at the very end.
Gets me every time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: