Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 65” Wall Mount TV Recommendarion  (Read 722 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 6, 2024, 20:23:20 »

SWMBO wants one in the family room. We have Sky, so I was considering Sky Glass.

We might have a long unit underneath it to house a Sky box, but I don’t really want trunking going down the wall. Although she doesn’t care.

Any suggestions on TV and/or what to do?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 6, 2024, 21:16:32 »

I bought an LG OLED evo G3 65 inch 4K Smart TV & building a media wall to house it. admittedly I am putting up with trailing cables until it's all built in. TV is amazing btw.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 7, 2024, 07:41:41 »

Thanks. I'll take a look at the LG.

Also looking at how to best bury all of the cables. Had previously taken an easy option and taken a spur from an existing power socket and run it along the skirting board and added an external pattress - My OCD didn't like it, but it was covered by a furniture. Not sure what to do now.

Will have to think about internet as I really don't want wifi freezes. I have ring main adapters, but, I'll need to think about how to bury that too!

I really want the TV flush to the wall as the side will be very visible from the rest of the room that joins on to the kitchen.

Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 7, 2024, 09:01:16 »

For Christmas we bought a 70" LG 4k smart TV (about £750 from Currys) and wall mounted it, great picture and decent sound too, better sound than we had previously using the soundbar.

TBF I prefer using the 4k Firestick for apps than the smart TV but each to their own.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 7, 2024, 10:25:54 »

I like the 4k firsestick too. The built in android in my TV is a bit slow and not much space.

My Sony TV remote automatically switches to controlling the firsestick too, and dvd player and (old) sky hd box. So can just about get away with 1 remote most of the time
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 8, 2024, 15:30:12 »

Do you have a stud wall?

Easy enough to cut out slots, install the cables and replaster.

Clems Army!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 8, 2024, 23:18:06 »

hope it's not dot and dab, I have special fixings for that, they have a steel collar that goes through the plaster board and bridges the tiny gap
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 05:46:14 »

Its a stud wall.

I initially thought I'd just get a couple of brush plates and put one behind the TV and the other near the skirting board/power socket and obscure those bits behind a unit. But forgot that there will be at least one noggin that I might have to get through.

I don't really want to channel out from behind the TV down and then across to the power socket. But, knowing my luck, I expect that is what I'll have to do, unless I just live with it and put a surface mounted piece of channeling there and paint it.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 11:47:48 »

The trunking quality is now a lot better than it was.

Clems Army!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: