Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47712 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:29:32 »

What about that CB from Exeter we were rumoured to be interested in?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:33:36 »

Same fucking swindon selling selling selling fitton would sell his own ass for a fiver. Down to 1 decent cb now then not that it matters as this season has been a shambles since greer was sold.
Panda Paws

« Reply #62 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:37:43 »

What about that CB from Exeter we were rumoured to be interested in?

Matt Taylor would certainly appease me!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #63 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:43:33 »

£250k seems quite cheap on the face of it, however, we don't know if he only signed the new contract provided we added that clause? If we hadn't added it any transfer would've gone to tribunal and we all know that only gives you about 50p. Better to have £250k than fuck all, no?

Also, like sippo, meh. I actually don't think £250k is an awful amount in the grand scheme of things. It isn't like he's the finished article or anything.

My thoughts exactly
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:47:19 »

Same fucking swindon selling selling selling fitton would sell his own ass for a fiver. Down to 1 decent cb now then not that it matters as this season has been a shambles since greer was sold.

You are a tool of the highest order yes I am sure Fitton would sell his own ass so why has he not accepted the bids for Austin if he is so keen to sell people? Morrison had a clause in his contract so they didn't have a choice on whether to accept.  

Before you start on why did they insert the clause the conversation last season probably went something similar to below:

Fitton: We would like to get Sean to sign a new contract.
Sean's agent: He has not been involved in the first team and you have loaned him to Southend so your not exactly showing he is in your plans.
Fitton: He has lots of potential and we could see him getting stronger and holding down a first team place.
Sean's agent: We will only sign a contract if it includes a release clause so if a club from a higher division comes in with a certain fee then he will be allowed to leave.

So rather than have him not sign a contract risk his contract running down and joining another team and the fee being decided by tribunal Fitton agreed the release clause.

Personally I am happy enough with £250k for a player who has been very hit and miss for us.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:54:45 »

One word

COCK
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:57:40 »

Please please please spend the money on players we need though and nut fucking left backs and centre midfielders
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #67 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:00:12 »

I've never seen anything exciting about Mooney though. Not sure why, but he reminds me of Nanny McPhee.

Harsh Barry but very very fair!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
lazyboy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:05:01 »

Has this been confirmed anywhere yet,

I still dont know why Reading would want Morrison anyway as they have at least 4 CBs in their first team squad, the cb's in the under 18s are both current England under19s player and they have a 6 foot 5 under 16 cb who is very highly rated, does not make sense.
flammableBen

« Reply #69 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:05:05 »

Interesting news to wake up to. Can't decide what I think yet. It's all a bit complex with release clauses and stuff.

I don't think I'm really that bothered.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #70 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:06:29 »

Has this been confirmed anywhere yet,

I still dont know why Reading would want Morrison anyway as they have at least 4 CBs in their first team squad, the cb's in the under 18s are both current England under19s player and they have a 6 foot 5 under 16 cb who is very highly rated, does not make sense.
The chances are they see him as a investment.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:07:47 »

The story on this on the Adver adds a bit more detail, interesting points for me are:

- Fitton saying Morrison refused to sign a contract which didn't have that clause in it

- He's the only one in the squad with a minimum fee clause and Fitton wouldn't want to see one in a contract again

- Supposedly we're getting some of Reading's "First Team Squad" (So, not really young lads) on loan. There was a distinctly plural phrasing here, so perhaps we're looking at Robson Kanu and a few others, hopefully this has some substance to it.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:08:36 »

One word

COCK
two words

get fucked
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:09:18 »

Matt Taylor would certainly appease me!

Anything like Ohhh Shaun Taylor ?

From the Dark Side
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:10:52 »

- Supposedly we're getting some of Reading's "First Team Squad" (So, not really young lads) on loan. There was a distinctly plural phrasing here, so perhaps we're looking at Robson Kanu and a few others, hopefully this has some substance to it.

I'll be dissapointed if the words "best endevours" don't appear befor "to loan a fist team player".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: