Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47710 times)
bobby

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:40:59 »

Why is everyone so convinced we are going to invest the money back in the playing squad? Over a million for cox, 250k for Greer and 250k for henshaw and all we have seen back in return is Ritchie! I think we need to get realistic I don't think I'm being unreasonable either with my pesimism of no funds being available! Also I do think 250k for a young 20 year old defender who has played around 100 league games and has got obvious potential is low! I for one am starting to see a very big dose of de javu!
« Last Edit: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:42:32 by bobby » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:43:41 »

Why is everyone so convinced we are going to invest the money back in the playing squad? Over a million for cox, 250k for Greer and 250k for henshaw and all we have seen back in return is Ritchie! I think we need to get realistic I don't think I'm being unreasonable either with my pesimism of no funds being available! Also I do think 250k for a young 20 year old defender who has played around 100 league games and has got obvious potential is low! I for one am starting to see a very big dose of de javu!

We paid out an estimated £350k on Ferry and Caddis up front with add ons for international appearances.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:45:22 »

Not to mention I'm reasonably sure Douglas, Sheehan, Prutton, Pericard etc aren't playing for the love of it. An increased wage budget has to be paid for.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:45:35 »

Adver suggest the fee is above £250,000 so I would imagine add on's as well, they also suggest we may be getting loan players from Reading as well from their 1st team - who have they got that may do a job for us  - Fitton says they have been talking for 10 days and have a great relationship with Reading (is this like the one with Bolton / Man City / Liverpool / etc where they send us their crap mainly)

Fitton also says he will not allow another player to have a release clause the experience with Sean has taught him a lesson, we have to remember that Fitton & Co are still inexperienced in this game so mistakes may happen but it is them admitting them and how they put them right that counts.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:47:21 »

(is this like the one with Bolton / Man City / Liverpool / etc where they send us their crap mainly)
Yeah, those useless cunts Ward and Darby, what did they ever do for us?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:58:20 »

who have they got that may do a job for us

Matt Mills is a decent CB and a Swindon lad, he would be good Smiley (although entirely unreasonable as he's the captain and probably one of their best players)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:00:19 »

Whats Hal-Robson Kanu up to these days?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:01:41 »

Obvious potential which he has failed to show consistently, the defence has been the weak point all season so I won't be losing sleep on a defender who was great one week and awful the next.  

Reading have taken a punt on him, personally can't see it being a gamble that will pay off as Morrison has problems with pace and positional play both that defenders either naturally have or they don't.  

On the radio they said the transfer fee would be used to re-invest in the team, they have so far bought Ritchie, Caddis and Ferry this season so change the fucking record they are happy to spend money.  Signing new players is Wilson's job, the funds are clearly there so it's up to Danny to pull his finger out and find the right players.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:03:27 »

Whilst some memories seem to be being repeated, you seem to have forgotten that we spent money in the summer. Even if Dossevi didn't come with a price tag, I doubt he's on pittance. Have you seen what he drives?!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:03:39 »

Whats Hal-Robson Kanu up to these days?

I would be happy to have Kanu back and also Mooney who was on loan at Colchester, he looks a good striker and seems to score goals at league 1 level.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:05:38 »

Hmm, I suppose  but he scored against us in the play offs and his name is Mooney.

I'd struggle to accept him for those (petty) reasons!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:07:57 »

Hmm, I suppose  but he scored against us in the play offs and his name is Mooney.

I'd struggle to accept him for those (petty) reasons!

Haha! Better than nobody though!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:12:05 »

Mooney extended his loan at Colchester until the end of the season, so forget that option.
Barry Scott

« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:19:27 »

I've never seen anything exciting about Mooney though. Not sure why, but he reminds me of Chris McPhee.
Panda Paws

« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:27:36 »

Bit disappointed with the price, but more worried about a lack of replacement. The though of our CB options of either crock Frammo or liability JFL alongside Scott scares me. Neither are good enough, consistent enough or fit enough to form a solid partnership. Getting a new CB now must be the number one priority.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: