Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47706 times)
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:10:28 »

Yesterday we had DW stating he "hopes to bring some players in " and we let SM go for £250K, it should be more than "hopes"
As for Morrison good luck to him i think he will struggle, he should have waited a little longer i would imagine in a year or 2 he will be on the thread were are they now
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:18:40 »

Absolute joke.....250.000...clause in his contract...WHO THE FUCK LET THAT HAPPEN!

One bright spark for me has his emergence been....well i can tell Mr Fitton and co that i have a season ticket...it is paid for....................but it wont be renewed next year and to be honest the way i feel right now i would rather be playing golf...than spending my time and money on Town.
How can you let someone of this talent go for that paltry amount....if we had to let him go which we are constantly lied about to...we dont need to sell bollox...they only renewed that contract a while back so i have to doubt that clause saying he can go for that amount........we have no future...i am off to work now............and cheezed off.

I think you are completely wrong Reading have taken a punt on a player who like most young players is patchy at best he goes from man of the match one week leaving you think he could play at a higher level to awful the next week when he makes loads of mistakes when you end up thinking he would be lucky to get a league 2 club.

Last season we were close to letting him go Southend for the season where his contract would of wound down and we would of been looking at a tribunal come end of season.  As he was so out of the plans last year I am sure the only way they could get him to sign a contract was to add the clause.

I will be upset/angry/annoyed when Austin goes as he is as close to the finished article that we have and him leaving will effect our results.  Morrison leaving will not effect our results we will replace him with another young inconsistent defender in Lescinel (if Frampton is not fit).  Cuthbert is the better player of him and Morrison he delivers more consistent displays.

£250k is a decent fee and if they reinvest it in the team by making some transfers then it will be good business, what makes me laugh is that the same people who were criticising Frampton for saying Sean was a good prospect yesterday are the ones today gutted that Sean is now leaving.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:24:07 »

Great in the air, ponderous on the ground. - you can't coach pace into someone.

Would have liked him to stay for the season, and thought he was worth a little more.

Good luck to the bloke, nice to see young players progressing.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:26:26 »

Think we re out of options. Dear god, that looks a bad pairing.
Actually, I thought they were shit hot on a couple of occasions last year when they were paired.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:34:15 »

Any links?  Nothing yet on the online versions of the Adver or the Reading Post.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:41:56 »

Good luck to him

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:44:02 »

Morrison was awesome at times, but also made some real bad errors. I rate Cuthbert more than Sean so hopefully the dosh will get us an EXPERIENCED Centre Back.

From the Dark Side
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:46:08 »

I'd imagine he asked for a clause like this in order to sign a contract with us, or his agent more likely.  The club isn't going to proactively offer such a clause.  In which case, £250k is pretty good business I think.  I'm not sure there is much between him and Lecs to be honest and Cuthbert is a better prospect.

What would irritate me is if the club didn't reinvest this sum within the next couple of weeks, because it's unexpected income and gives us a chance to fill some gaps.  I'm no nutter, and realise Austin's money is being banked on a little more, so will no doubt largely fill the ongoing gap between income and expenditure at the club.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:47:04 »

If 250k is the fee it does seem a bit low, but Morrison isn't in the same class as Greer and if we can get a replacement in quickly (clearly before Yeovil won't happen, but before the next game) then it may turn out to be a decent but of business.

The strange thing about all this is if he had a 250k release clause in his contract, why on earth did Newcastle not trigger it when they were interested, it's buttons to a Prem team.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:48:28 »

Great in the air, ponderous on the ground. - you can't coach pace into someone.

Would have liked him to stay for the season, and thought he was worth a little more.

Good luck to the bloke, nice to see young players progressing.

Agree totally Nev.

Hes poor on the ground but good in the air, £250k for him isnt a bad bit of dealing but we should have got more if someone hadent put a trigger clause in his contract.....Sturrock?

He is a long way from being ready for Readings first team, as long as we have some sort of add ons in his package (dont know how we stand on that with a minimum release clause) then its not a bad deal.

The problem is as stated many times its one less defender when we need them, lets hope we do have a replacement lined up....cue Lesc to come into the fray again....cue the adver covering where Lesc is now and what his season goals are......

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:48:38 »

Re: Newcastle, Because they thought he wasn't worth it or wouldn't make it.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:51:00 »

My main worry is that if Austin goes our two main strike forces are gone.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 09:53:50 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/9361217.stm
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:13:06 »

Adequate at League 1 level but will get torn to shreds if he goes straight into their team.  He has good potential but when his main strength is scoring and his weaknesses are something that cant improved by coaching then I’d say it’s more likely he will be a bust than a success at a higher level.

£250K is a decent price, bank half and should (in theory) be enough to get a better replacement in with the other half.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 10:39:00 »

If Austin goes that will leave Michael Rose as our top scorer!!

Meh, I'm not as fussed about Morrison leaving as Greer - for starters Greer was a much better player and for Morrison you could have Cuthbert or LJF take his place as the younger of the two Centre Backs.

The fee however I think it ridicilous - we've sold our 29 year old captain and our 20 year old defender for the same amount of cash? I would have thought Morrison was worth more purely on age and potential - but a clause in his contract - what the fuck is that all about (he's signed at least 2 since Sturrock was here!!)

We already needed a CB, now we need 2 maybe even 3. Framtpon is injured and LFJ hasnt been seen for weeks? That leaves Cuthbert and Will Evans.

Could we not at least have agreed a deal in principal and put it off till we have a replacement, couldnt we have got someone from reading in the deal?

I gave up on the season a long time ago, seems the board have now to. season failed.

Also, I've bought this up before but the fact is Morrison only signed 1 year deals anyway - which was fucking stupid - now that could be Morrisons decision rather that the clubs but you know.

Does anyone think we will see the money? I expect most of it, is on its way to Portsmouth already.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: