Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greetings form East End of Glasgow!  (Read 17860 times)
amcc

« on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:10:09 »

Hello the Swindown brigade!
Just decided to pop round to see how the former bhoys are getting on (Ferry, Cuthbert, Caddis). Glad they went to a decent club and are advancing their footballing skill and attitudes.

Just wanted to ask how have they been and how they improved? If you dont mind can you please produce a mini-report that i can take back to a Celtic forum. Especially keen to find out how Ferry is getting along had really high hopes for him and was really saddened when I found out he was going South with Caddis! Never expect Swindon to buy them.

Also the recent talk about Charlie Austion coming to Celtic, your views? Is he any good and do you think he can cut it in the SPL which is a bit rough..

Good luck on your Leauge 1 campaign, keep the faith!

Kind regards,
amcc
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:12:24 »

Austin would score more goals than Henrick Larrssone.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:32:09 »

Hi.....Caddis can only get better and Ferry has done fairly well...but like when with you looks a player destined to pick up injury's.
I like Cuthbert a lot and last year he was superb,he probably needs an older partner beside him to bring him on.
Looks destined for a good career.
As for Austin the stats don't really do him justice because his goal record is not backed up by the work rate and assists.
Would he go to Celtic....of course...could Celtic afford him...maybe around two million...not so sure.
To be honest if being honest the Celtic trio have not really done the biz thus far..but it's not yet Xmas and we are not that far off the playoff places...so they all may still have a big part to play.
amcc

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:33:40 »

He cant be that good, if he was Barcalona and Man Utd would be after him  Hmmm

Infact it would be stupid to compate Charlie Austin to a Celtic great like Larsson - the guy run riot in Europe.

Do yous think hes better than Gary Hooper?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:37:54 »

Undecided on Caddis, seems to have quality but not shown it consistently. Seen some good and some bad, but as lee says looks to be improving. Ferry is generally good when he gets to play but seems to be frozen out a bit at the moment, perhaps unfairly because those ahead of him are blowing hot and cold. I like Cuthbert, solid and the best of what hasn't been a great back line this season but seems to be missing Greer.

Charlie would tear the SPL apart, he's far too good for you lot
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:44:03 »

He cant be that good, if he was Barcalona and Man Utd would be after him  Hmmm

Infact it would be stupid to compate Charlie Austin to a Celtic great like Larsson - the guy run riot in Europe.

Austin will score more goals in better leagues than Larson.
Do yous think hes better than Gary Hooper?

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:51:28 »

Charlie austin is not better than larsson. I'm 80% sure you're wumming, but just in case, sort yourself out.

I'd say austin and hooper are pretty similar, in both style of play and general levels of goodness

Things get better but they never get good
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 14:55:14 »

I'm deadly serious.

amcc

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 15:05:04 »

I'm deadly serious.

Unfortunately you are also being deadly delusional..
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 15:14:34 »

I really like & rate Caddis, but has shown only on occasions. Ferry is great but is struggling to get into what on paper is a strong midfield, but in reality a midfield that has been far too inconsistent. Cuthbert is in my opinion better than morrison who is supposed to be the one who will eventually go to a "big" club.
As for austin, he is an instictive goalscorer, & will IMHO score at any level. I love his persistence, he will not give up a seemingly lost cause, when a defender has the ball. I would not let him go for less than 3 million, but in reality his current price would be just below 2 mill.

From the Dark Side
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 16:06:23 »

Charlie Austin is better than Jesus,Cake,Elephants,Bowl Haircuts and Boobs.

/
W56196272
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 16:36:56 »

Cuthbert B+
Ferry C (last year A-)
Caddis C+

Austin is a goalscorer. Who knows how he'll do elsewhere, Playing as he is you'd think he'd score for fun in the spl. With good service he'd score in any team. He'd be a great signing for you that I have no doubt, but there's a long list of interested clubs so who knows where he'll end up. Probably QPR Wink

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 18:00:59 »

Injuries aside Ferry seems to have been frozen out by DW, I think that he has been hard done by really. Prutton has been favoured by the manager so far this season, although one or two very good games, he has fallen well short of what Ferry has done and can offer (IMO). Ferry is a good player at this level and gives the midfield far more balance.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 18:34:17 »

Out of the 3, Cuthbert is the star man. He was absolute quality last year and I think PNE put in a bid of £500k for him. This season he has been nowhere near as good but seems to be improving. Our defense is a fucking shambles this season and I think Cuthbert could play at a higher level and in fact, would excel with better players around him.
Ferry was good last season but we've not seen much of him this season. He seems like a good character to have in the dressing room. I rate the guy but there are games where he goes missing but he's still a young lad. So, basically has yet to live up to the standards he set last season.
As for Caddis, he's played in midfield and full back. For me, the jury is out but on the positive side he looks as thuogh he's settling in at right back now.
For Ferry and Caddis, I'd come back in a few months for a better assessment. Cuthbert is quality so thank for letting us have him.
Interestingly, in view of other signings we weren't desperate for Caddis or Ferry.
As for Charlie - he was an excellent goalscorer last season. This season, his all round game is better and he's beefed up a bit. In the SPL he would score absolute shitloads and I think it would be a good move for him if you were to stump up £2m. He will run his heart out and you would love his attitude. But, in my opinion, you would be a staging post for a season or so where he will go on to even bigger things - but you wouldn't lose money on him.
Best of luck. If you've got a centre half you could put our way, we'd be grateful.     
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, December 11, 2010, 18:40:23 »

Cuthbert was quality last season, a bit more mixed this season but he's got more to do in leading the line and taking care of less able defensive partners.

Caddis has looked tidy on a few occasions and a bit lightweight on others.

Ferry is a good player, suffering because he's not playing. I guess we all have our own ideas of who should start. The fact that one of our starting central midfielders was injured midweek and he still didn't come on is a mystery to me.

Both Caddis and Ferry are suffering from a lack of a consistent run of games.
-----
Austin scores goals. Its that simple. He'll also handle the physical side of the league I've no doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: