Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greetings form East End of Glasgow!  (Read 18122 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:17:44 »

The only crumb of hope is if we can find some home form then we do have quite a few home fixtures coming up.

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree with Spence though. Just when you think we've possibly turned a corner (Sheffield Wednesday) we put in a terrible performance (Crawley Town). Looking at my money situation there's little motivation to go to away games either.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:29:47 »

Personally Charlie will not be going to Celtic as he will be taking a sidewards step. The SPL's level is the equivalent on League One, with two big teams dominating. IMHO Charlie is much better than Hooper, especially his work rate.

Charlie will go to a good southern Championship club, but there is not many that could afford him as I can see the club holding out for approx. £2m.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
stfcinbmth

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:38:49 »

But you have to remember that just over a year ago Charlie was banging in goals at non-league Poole Town and nobody thought he would to nearly aswell as he has done in League 1 he has done just as good and we are about 4 leagues ahead of Poole

Everybody bar one coxy, I'll let you guess who the one might be.
Surely bar the Old Firm, the Scottish Premier league is probably one of the most uncompetitive leagues in the world, with the rest of the teams maybe only slightly above League One standard. Guess the only draw would be Europe. Mind you the English Premier League is heading in that direction, being perhaps a four horse race rather than just two, with maybe only Man City able to break up the party
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:50:12 »

Personally Charlie will not be going to Celtic as he will be taking a sidewards step.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Come on. Seriously. Have you been to Celtic Park? Not to mention Old Firm games, not to mention European games, not to mention some of the most fanatical fans in the world, not to mention his wages going up by a gazillion pounds a year. I hear what your saying about the SPL not being competitive but Swindon to Celtic can't possibly be called a sideways move. Much as I want to see Charlie stay as much as the next man.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:50:47 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Come on. Seriously. Have you been to Celtic Park? Not to mention Old Firm games, not to mention European games, not to mention some of the most fanatical fans in the world, not to mention his wages going up by a gazillion pounds a year. I hear what your saying about the SPL not being competitive but Swindon to Celtic can't possibly be called a sideways move. Much as I want to see Charlie stay as much as the next man.

I think he was fishing for the Celtic lad, not you.
flammableBen

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:52:36 »

Maybe we'll sell him to celtic on the cheap provided that they'll take ferris and caddy back at the same time.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:52:54 »

I think he was fishing for the Celtic lad, not you.

Oh really? D'oh! Roll Eyes
stfcinbmth

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:55:23 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

It is a shit league tho
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:23:47 »

It is a shit league tho

That's what I was getting at. The SPL in League One standard, and it's about to get worse with the Scottish FA's new proposals...that is why it's a sidewards step.

And OST, you talk about Europe...well that's only about 4 games a season, two in the Champions League and 2 in the Europa Cup...and out !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:42:44 »

That's what I was getting at. The SPL in League One standard, and it's about to get worse with the Scottish FA's new proposals...that is why it's a sidewards step.

And OST, you talk about Europe...well that's only about 4 games a season, two in the Champions League and 2 in the Europa Cup...and out !!

Yeah, fair enough. But imagine Charlie being given the tour of Celtic Park (which I hope never happens), the museum, the trophy room, changing room, seeing the seats where Rod Stewart and Billy Connolly sit, a nice little pad up by Loch Lomond next to the golf course...and then being offered a bloody great wedge of money at the end of it..is he going to give a fuck about 'only' playing 4 games in Europe? (Not that he would see it that way any way. He would think he could help get them futher and that would add to the appeal)

I don't think he would necessarily see it as a sideways move. And that's what matters.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:44:36 »

And being on a goal bonus...in that lge.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:46:32 »

Conversly he'll talk to the likes of Caddis, Cuthbert and Ferry on why they play in England.
coxyboy

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:47:23 »

One level within the Football League does not count proven at 'any level'.

Yeah, but he came from Poole Town who are many, many leagues below us and as soon as he started playing for Swindon he was scoring goals, and consistently at that so if he can move from Poole Town to Swindon and show consistency then I'm sure he will do just as well - if not better - in the Championship or Premiership.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:53:18 »

Beckford scored loads for a non league team and then for a few seasons in League One. He was proven (and not yet finished in the Premiership unfortunately).

Personally I think Austin will turn out to be a decent Premiership player some day, but it's all presumptuous.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:53:37 »

Conversly he'll talk to the likes of Caddis, Cuthbert and Ferry on why they play in England.
...and they would tell him how they would have given their right arms for the chance to play in the first team on a regular basis, what a great club it is and how, if he gets the chance to play on a regular basis (which he would if they spent a couple of mil on him) then he should take it. I'm only guessing of course.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Charlie going anywhere but let's not kid ourselves that a move to Celtic would be a sideways move.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: