Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greetings form East End of Glasgow!  (Read 17858 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, December 18, 2010, 19:29:50 »

Well played Nemo

Hook, line and sinker
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, December 19, 2010, 02:37:32 »

He's off to Exeter in a swap deal for Jamie Cureton, bigger club bigger prospects
Celticfan67

« Reply #107 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 01:34:07 »

Absolute rubbish.

Here's an example for you, start of 09/10 season a player left us to join the side that finished 4th in the SPL the previous season. The player in question was arguably 4/5th choice in his position here and surplus to requirements. What does that say about the standard of your league? That's not my only example as there is plenty.

The amount of has beens in the SPL is on par with League 1/2. To suggest the SPL is on par with the Championship is a laughable statement.

The standard up there is getting worse and worse.

I get the point you're trying to make here, and same with the guy who mentioned Sam Parkin, but this logic doesn't work in football.

I could mention Jason Scotland, only 8 goals with Dundee United in the SPL, yet pushing for Championship top scorer when he ventures south. Chris Iweulmo's another, 2 goals in 30 (albeit only 20 years old at the time) when he left St Mirren, and now a Championship top scorer contender more often than not. Ross McCormack went from 11 goals in the SPL to over 20 in his first season in the championship. Charlie Adam went from Rangers forgotten back up man to Championship player of the year nominee, and now being linked with Liverpool.

Yet I couldn't use those examples to legitimately claim the championship is easier than the SPL, of course the championship is a better all round league, some players just don't gel for whatever reason in different leagues. That method of comparison holds no water.

First post here, all the best Swindon, always look out for your results each Saturday.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 17, 2011, 03:45:42 by Celticfan67 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 03:36:15 »

First post here, all the best Swindon, always look out for your results each Saturday.

Welcome to the TEF at this unearthly hour.

Id ignore our results, its not going to plan!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 09:06:33 »

I get the point you're trying to make here, and same with the guy who mentioned Sam Parkin, but this logic doesn't work in football.

I could mention Jason Scotland, only 8 goals with Dundee United in the SPL, yet pushing for Championship top scorer when he ventures south. Chris Iweulmo's another, 2 goals in 30 (albeit only 20 years old at the time) when he left St Mirren, and now a Championship top scorer contender more often than not. Ross McCormack went from 11 goals in the SPL to over 20 in his first season in the championship. Charlie Adam went from Rangers forgotten back up man to Championship player of the year nominee, and now being linked with Liverpool.

Yet I couldn't use those examples to legitimately claim the championship is easier than the SPL, of course the championship is a better all round league, some players just don't gel for whatever reason in different leagues. That method of comparison holds no water.

A perfectly sensible post, are you sure you are a Celtic Fan?

Is the pub turnstyles still there out of interest? Been there a couple of times before Celtic games when I lived in Scotland.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Celticfan67

« Reply #110 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 13:22:21 »

A perfectly sensible post, are you sure you are a Celtic Fan?

Is the pub turnstyles still there out of interest? Been there a couple of times before Celtic games when I lived in Scotland.

Haha, I'm sure.

Is that turnstyles literally right outside Celtic Park? It's still there but sometimes it's only open when we have home games, it's like a part-time pub.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 13:26:52 »

Haha, I'm sure.

Is that turnstyles literally right outside Celtic Park? It's still there but sometimes it's only open when we have home games, it's like a part-time pub.

Yeah, bars on the window style pub. Real old fashioned football pub. When I went they had the party tunes pumping and from memory large glass bottles of Tennents was less than £2.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: