Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 30811 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 17:58:42 »

He will walk i reckon if we lose.

Doubt it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 18:02:14 »

He will walk i reckon if we lose.

Can't see why he'd do that...most outside observers would probably have this down as a home win. We could very well be playing these next season as things stand, so not a lot between the sides.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #167 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 18:28:57 »

The longer our underperformance goes on the more I wonder how close to a Malpas situation we're in.

Certain players are not doing enough and Wilson isn't getting them to perform. I don't know whether this is down to internal conflicts but if it is then the lack of professionalism of the players would disappoint me. Wilson did a fantastic job last year and with everyone on song nearly took us up - the bloke should be respected.

Of course it may not be that, but I'm hearing a lot of shit on the grapevine and I suspect some of it is true and some is not.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 23:46:55 »

The major difference between "the Malpas situation" and Wilson's current situation (even if we lose tomorrow) is that Malpas went from one bad season to another. Whereas Wilson had a pretty successful season last season, which will buy him more time. You can argue the toss as to whether it should, but it will, I'm sure of that (prepares to look an arse come shock sacking on Monday)
flammableBen

« Reply #169 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 23:50:11 »

Things weren't great at the tail end of last season either. If you start our poor run where it really began and not at the start of this season then we're effectively in January.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #170 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 23:58:16 »

Again Wilson has failed to bring in anyone to shore up our defence, I think he could end up regretting that this time! It's baffling, We clearly needed someone to come in and tighten things up at the back.

I'm grateful to Wilson for last season but that's history and that cannot be used as an excuse or as a reason to give him more time in my opinion.

It seems as if some people are now coming out and saying a change needs to be made and i think i agree, Something has gone very badly wrong this season, I don't know if there's problems in the dressing room or what but maybe he has lost the dressing room? Things have gone downhill very quickly and i cannot see the board being happy at all with our league position bearing in mind they will expect the play-offs at the minimum.

The crowds will get lower and lower and we could be at risk of relegation although i don't think we would go down but it's going to be a mid-table to lower table finish this season if things carry on the way they are, Maybe the board would think that a change of manager now might see us get into the play-offs?

I can definitely see the board losing patience if we lose tomorrow, I could be wrong but surely he's had enough time to bring players in and sort things out?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #171 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:10:23 »

The major difference between "the Malpas situation" and Wilson's current situation (even if we lose tomorrow) is that Malpas went from one bad season to another. Whereas Wilson had a pretty successful season last season, which will buy him more time. You can argue the toss as to whether it should, but it will, I'm sure of that (prepares to look an arse come shock sacking on Monday)

Malpas was given too much time, I'm not sure Fitton will stick with Wilson if we continue like this for much longer
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 08:45:59 »

I think Fitton is a loyal chairman, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes but you do wonder if Wilson's budget has been cut, it is plain for all to see that we need an experienced centre half and a decent partner for Austin which should help to push us up the table, so you would think that Wilson would have dipped into the loan market and with Frampton back at 'wall you would have thought he would replace him.

Is there anything to what Wilson says about if you continue to play the younger players - are the board telling him they want him to play them ?

I do think that Fitton will stick with Wilson until at least Easter and then if there is no improvement in results perhaps he will think of making a change and rightly so - he does not become a bad manager overnight
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 08:53:10 »

Fucking hell. It's not as if we're being hammered every week. 7 defeats, 6 by a single goal, would suggest it wont take much, maybe just a little bit of luck to start reversing defeats into draws, and draws into wins. 28 games to go yet boys.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:44:58 »

Agree with the above, and people are always slating Wilson for not bringing a player in, but both AF & DW have always stated that they would only bring the "right" players in.

If anything I think the current situation may make AF more willing to allow Danny extra funds for January if the right player can be identified, unless things get really bad before then...  Head Hurts
dell boy

« Reply #175 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:52:45 »

I still think Wilson will be sacked if we lose tomorrow night.

Dont think he will be sacked or he will walk tonight, but will probably only have three games, starting with the easy fixture Sheff Wed.
Anyway we will win tonight.

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:53:43 »

Fucking hell. It's not as if we're being hammered every week. 7 defeats, 6 by a single goal, would suggest it wont take much, maybe just a little bit of luck to start reversing defeats into draws, and draws into wins. 28 games to go yet boys.

we were gaining results last seasonmore or less in the way we are now losing them.we aint miles away in a league of much of a muchness,but are far enough away for it to be unacceptable.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:59:42 »

although I don't think sacking danny wilson is a good idea, I have to be honest, we haven't been playing well since about Feb. We only scrapped into the play off's as we had a brilliant start to the season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 10:07:37 »

although I don't think sacking danny wilson is a good idea, I have to be honest, we haven't been playing well since about Feb. We only scrapped into the play off's as we had a brilliant start to the season.

Since Feb..

Charlton (Home) 1 - 1
Oldham (Home) 4-2 Win
Huddersfield (Away) 1-1
Carlisle (Home) 2-0 Win
Leyton Orient (Away) 0-0
Rovers (Home) 0-4 Loss
Franchise (Away) 1-2 Loss
Brighton (Away) 1-0 Win
Southampton (Away) 1-0 Win
Norwich (Home) 1-1
Hartlepool (Away) 1-0 Win
Leeds (Away) 3-0 Win
Tranmere (Home) 3-0 Win
Colchester (Away) 3-0 Loss
Exeter (Home) 1-1
Walsall (Home) 1-1
Wycombe (Away) 2-2
Brentford (Home) 3-2 Win
Millwall (Away) 2-3 Loss

Play-offs

This season... Up to this season i wouldnt say its been all bad since Feb.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 10:11:37 »

We actually had a fairly average start...only really got going in October.  Which is why I didn't want to write this season off too quickly.  With a run before Christmas, you never know.  I just can't see where the run will come from at the moment though.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: