Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 30320 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 21:52:15 »

Was just looking at his managerial career and there seems to be a pattern that emerges.

It appears that in the first full season he is in charge of a club, they tend to do well (Barnsley came 6th in old division 1, Sheff Weds 12th in the Premiership, kept Franchise up in league 1, got Hartlepool promoted and then took us to playoff finals).

However after his first season, he didnt really progress with any of these teams (except Barnsley who he took up a couple of seasons later.)

Can anything be read into this ?
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 21:52:52 »

Yeah. Sack him then appoint him again at the start of next season.
Coca Fola

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 21:53:09 »

Time for him to go methinks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 21:53:42 »

Maybe he has one incredibly good team talk but only one, so once they've heard it a few times it doesn't work.

Or he sold his soul to the devil.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 21:57:37 »

No...he should have to the seasons end......no its highly unlikely but a good run will have us moving up the table.
Its annoying because the crowds were just starting to return....for me i want him to stay.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:00:30 »

No...he should have to the seasons end......no its highly unlikely but a good run will have us moving up the table.
Its annoying because the crowds were just starting to return....for me i want him to stay.

The bottom one for me is the key. It's a shame that when we were finally winning back some of the old fans, playing well, having a decent manager and at long last a great board things were finally heading in the right direction. How will the board see this? Results going badly.....the 5 year plan for promotion now looks like it'll go into the 5th year.....crowds will drop again with this form and money has been spent on players.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:03:04 »

Sorry but for me it's time for him to go, He has never got a team out of this division and i feel last season was just a very lucky one, His tactics have been found out this season.

I think the board will get rid very soon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:03:26 »

Is the problem Danny Wilson.......or are the players not performing?

We have all heard tales of unhappiness in the dressing room, but is that coming from the management or from the other players attitudes?

Or is it bad coaching?

Friday is a huge game for us now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:05:58 »

If the players aren't performing or there's something wrong in the dressing room then surely it's Wilson's job to sort it out.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:06:04 »

I don't think you can blame Wilson for players switching off, which let's face it is what's costing us games.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:07:23 »

you can blame him for sticking with the same players who always switch off surely?

CB and RB please along with a forward to help charlie out
flammableBen

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:07:49 »

Why the fuck can't we? It's his fucking job to instil the attitude to concentrate through and win.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:08:38 »

I think Wilson is still the man for the job!
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:09:25 »

I think Wilson is still the man for the job!

If he proves it in the coming weeks then I'll chuffed to bits. But, honestly, at this moment, I would not be upset if he fucked off.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 22:09:39 »

you can blame him for sticking with the same players who always switch off surely?

CB and RB please along with a forward to help charlie out

Dd the forwards switch off as well tonight?...the whole team is playing pants not just the defence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: