Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 30813 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #150 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 13:52:14 »

I with luckyluke, it's so fucking obvious and simple what's needed to fix our squad. The fact Danny hasn't managed to do it isn't exactly a glowing illustration of his managerial ability.
Lumps

« Reply #151 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 13:55:25 »

statistically 2.4 is a lot bigger number than 1 yes, and you're stating the team is miles off where it needs to be. I think you're flat wrongon that and that all it could take is 1 quality experienced player providing leadership in the defence and that could have a massive impact on this team and it's results!

If I remember correctly under Malpas our defense was shocking. Danny joined on boxing day, and quickly brought in Greer on loan who then signed in Feb. We went from a relegation battle to almost ending up mid table.

Well I think pretty much everyone is agreed that we need a change of personnel to provide some leadership in the defensive third. The "not that far away" comment made me think you thought we just needed to tighten up a bit,
nochee

« Reply #152 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 13:57:14 »

I with luckyluke, it's so fucking obvious and simple what's needed to fix our squad. The fact Danny hasn't managed to do it isn't exactly a glowing illustration of his managerial ability.

Exactly, the problem is an obvious one. We should have found a replacement for the one whose name we shall not speak but Wilson/the board took a risk by using the young lads.

lets see who turns up in January
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 14:04:51 »

I was trying to show (via the numbers), just how good our team is bar the defense. We're certainly not relegation fodder, and we'll be back at Wembley within 2 seasons after this one... ;-)
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 14:06:22 by luckyluke699 » Logged
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #154 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:28:30 »

I still think Wilson will be sacked if we lose tomorrow night.
luckyluke699

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:29:44 »

I don't think he will. I'll take that bet...  Head Hurts
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #156 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:30:51 »

I bet you that he wont be.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #157 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:31:25 »

He will walk i reckon if we lose.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:32:42 »

I bet you that he wont be.

Malpas was sacked after poor league form and after going out of the cups, I wouldn't bet against it happening again.
luckyluke699

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:35:54 »

Malpas was sacked after poor league form and after going out of the cups, I wouldn't bet against it happening again.

The whole team was pretty shite under Malpas though, and there were protests outside the Arkells stand going on after each game... this is why I'm not so sure, that coupled with Danny's record (season1: saved from relegation, season2: Wembley) suggesting we should be a lot more loyal to him!!  Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #160 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:37:21 »

He will walk i reckon if we lose.

More likely than being sacked IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Lumps

« Reply #161 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:38:41 »

I was trying to show (via the numbers), just how good our team is bar the defense. We're certainly not relegation fodder, and we'll be back at Wembley within 2 seasons after this one... ;-)

We kind of all knew that already. Sadly defense is a fundamental part of the game, and I think your conclusion is sounding a little bit complacent.

We're just outside the relegation zone now and could topple into it very easily. As plenty have pointed out, our form for the last 25/26 games is serious relegation form. No-one is too good or big to go down as we've found out god knows how many times previously
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 17:38:11 »

I heard Wilson's gone and Lumps is in charge for tomorrow night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 17:40:40 »

I can't see Danny losing his job if we lose tomorrow. Nor can I see him walking away.
However, after the game on Tuesday he was far from his usual calm self, and I think the fact we dropped right down to 20th has finally set alarm bells ringing. Although we don't seem to be bringing anybody in, which is very disappointing... though we can only speculate as to why.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 17:57:46 »

There seems to be a fair mix on here of those who think Wilson needs to go now, those who think he should be given more time and the fence sitters.

I'm a fence sitter, but unfortunately am starting to sway towards thinking we need a change.  This is based on all sorts of points that have already been raised on here - Danny's failure to sort out the defensive issues (even though he's stated that they've been there since the beginning of the season), continual switching of formation and general lack of ideas at times.  I like the bloke, he's genuine and honest and I would be sad to see him go.  However that'ss what happens in football when the team isn't performing and the results do speak for themselves.  6 wins in 24 isn't inconsistent it's downright shite!  I'd love to see him turn it around and will be the first one to apologise for jumping the gun if that happens, sadly I don't think it will.

Tomorrow's game is a big one and the performance/result could sway a lot of people's opinion as to whether he should still be in charge on Monday morning including the Board, whose opinion is fundamently the only one that matters!  However, should we win 3-0 or something similar it means very little if we then lose our next 3 or 4 league games.  Personally, I'd rather be doing better in the league than going another round in the FA Cup.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: