Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA Corruption  (Read 25963 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 11:18:34 »

It is understood that media coverage of the bidding race was raised by Fifa president Sepp Blatter at an executive
meeting on wednesday, a cuttings file of the most negative coverage was handed round among the members.

Apparently Warner after having assured (sic) that he would vote for England, changed his mind and voted for Russia.
He was then expecting Russia to back the USA bid for 2022.It wasn't forthcoming.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 11:40:18 »

I still can't quite believe the 2022 World Cup is going to Qatar, a country that's smaller than Yorkshire and with no football culture or heritage.  In their never ending quest to hunt for 'legacy', I fully expect the 2026 competition to be held on the moon.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 12:03:09 »

I fully expect the 2026 competition to be held on the moon.

Naah, Mars.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 12:27:00 »

I still can't quite believe the 2022 World Cup is going to Qatar, a country that's smaller than Yorkshire and with no football culture or heritage.  In their never ending quest to hunt for 'legacy', I fully expect the 2026 competition to be held on the moon.

**standard response**  No, there'd be no atmosphere. **standard response**

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #154 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 13:26:25 »

I don't really know what the fuss is all about we got a certificate presented by Sepp Blatter and a shitload of patronising comments for our £50m and total fucking grovelling over the last few years. We could have ended up empty handed. 
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 14:14:16 »

I don't really know what the fuss is all about we got a certificate presented by Sepp Blatter and a shitload of patronising comments for our £50m and total fucking grovelling over the last few years. We could have ended up empty handed. 
Clap

Clems Army!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 20:08:53 »

FIFA are on a mission to bring football to all corners of the globe. The fact we have Russia up next, followed by Qatar should come as no surprise. Previous tournaments held in South Korea/Japan, South Africa and even going back as far as USA '94 have shown us what we should have really expected.

Any future World cup will either go to a developing nation, like those i've mentioned, or a giant of the game which could hugely benefit from the regeneration the Cup would give, like Brazil.

We could have presented the most brilliant and best bid in the history of World cup bids and still wouldnt have got it, because football is already extremely well developed over here and thats not the legacy Blatter and co are looking for.

Scotland would have a better chance of winning a World cup bid than England, the only problem with that though is the vast majority of money needed to pay for it would come from the English tax payer.

Is FIFA corrupt? Of course it is, but this wasnt the reason why our bid was ignored so unanimously.

The only chance we'll ever have is if a host nation has a major catastrophe and has to pull out of its hosting obligations leaving the way open for someone to step in at very short notice.

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 20:52:07 »

aint read the thread so apologies if anyone has already said what i'm gonna do.anyway,i think there is an easy way out of this.fifa would have pissed plenty of nations off(australia getting 1 vote and losing to who they did is worse than how england had it imo)
tell them to get fucked and see if other nations will jump aboard.

if the world cup went to the previous winner of it,those crooked cunts couldn't take their bungs to secure wins for crooked nations.it is fair, and offers a bigger incentive to win.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 3, 2010, 20:54:34 by arriba » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 21:00:34 »

Agreed......complete waste of money that could have kept a lot of boys/girls footy clubs afloat for years....if they wanted a new nation they should have made that clear before millions was wasted.
I have given up even caring about International football.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #159 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 21:02:50 »

I imagine leaving FIFA would have so many 'domino-esque' consequences it would ultimately destroy our game.

However, I love the idea of telling FIFA to do one Smiley

Give football back to the people... REVOLUTION!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 21:07:53 »

The IOC is bent, don't recall anyone saying the IOC is bent after we got the olympics ...  or that we must've bribed them.

Sour grapes for a wanky bid.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #161 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 21:09:38 »

I questioned it. So there.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 21:12:39 »

I'd prefer the option of the media over here (and the fans for that matter), ignoring the World Cup.

If I recall correctly the major European nations pay FIFA massivley more in TV rights than the rest of the world. If we could collectively tell them to Fuck Off, it would put a serious dent in the retirement fund of Mr Blatter & his cronies.

That's probably the only way to shake them up, hit them in the pocket, unless you can somehow get absolute proof that they are all on the take.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #163 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 21:23:52 »

Ah, people are becoming more-and-more sniffy about the World Cup now many consider the Champions League the 'pinnacle' of football.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 21:29:19 »

Ah, people are becoming more-and-more sniffy about the World Cup now many consider the Champions League the 'pinnacle' of football.

Not sure about the Champions League, but I do reckon the European Championships is a better tournament than the World Cup. Better matches, better football, better quality of teams plus we don't have the time zone shit to put up with. It's the main reasons why I think us (or UEFA) pulling out of FIFA until they sort their shit out wouldn't be a problem - we've got the best tournament and they need us (UEFA) more than we need them.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: