Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA Corruption  (Read 25805 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 21:58:23 »

I know, i'm literally stunned, reeling even

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9099326.stm

Two Fifa officials have offered to sell their votes in the contest to host the 2018 World Cup, according to a Sunday Times report.

The newspaper has video footage in which Nigerian Amos Adamu, a Fifa executive committee member, appears to ask for £500,000.

This is completely against Fifa rules.

England are competing to host the tournament in eight years time, as well as Russia and joint bids from Spain and Portugal and Holland and Belgium.

A 24-strong committee will decide by secret ballot who should host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

The only suprising thing is that neither of them are Jack Warner.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:02:54 »

We all know FIFA officials are bent and will sell their votes. The difference this time is that our press, who are experts at setting people up, are on the case and so this is likely to be just the first of many similar sting operations. The bigger question is how it will affect our chances of winning the vote - it could go either way.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 09:05:48 »

I'd guess we've blown our chances of getting the Nigerian vote anyway Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:44:55 »

Jawdrop

This must be the worlds easiest newspaper sting operation?

The evidence must have taken at least 8 minutes to compile. 7 of them setting up the hidden camera?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:48:24 »

Just about all the 24 people who will decide who will host the World Cup are open to offers. Just read any of the books by Andrew Jennings on the subject.

It's good to know that the Nigerian,who was caught up in this sting operation, said that 'England have and will not offer any money'.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 07:45:12 »

I don't expect England to get the WC anyway, Russia are always prepared to thrown more money at Fifa and pay the bribes required Abramovich has probably already tapped up most of the commitee.

What does really get me though is that the newspaper in question must realise this could very well have an effect on englands bid but they still carry on attempting to embarass fifa  - we all know it goes on, not so sure the press care about the england bid though anyway
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 07:51:30 by Power to people » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 07:57:29 »

England won't get it because we have to much footballing history and culture, and we'd want to do things our way. Fifa want the host nation to be a blank canvas which they can mould and run as they please, as happened in south africa

Things get better but they never get good
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 10:21:15 »

The story might well do England a big favour as all the people that have been caught have admitted that England don't offer bribes, and FIFA might be forced to give it to England as they are clean. There is also talk over the last few months that there was a Panaorama programme in the pipeline in regards to the voting process for 2018/2022 in regards to bribes and corruption at FIFA, but it looks like the Sunday Times got there first.

As people have already said, this is not a surprise. Once you read the books 'How They Stole The Game?' and 'Foul!',you soon realise that for the last 40 years that they are one the most corrupt sporting governing bodies around. I am certainly not holding my breath for an in depth FIFA investigation, after the cover-up they did over Jack Warner's selling of Trinidad's World Cup tickets, and he'll do anything not to pay the T&T players any money :

http://transparencyinsport.org/Warner_changes_the_law_to_avoid_paying_socca_warriors/Warriors-and-Hummer.pdf

And to prove the top brass at FIFA are up to their necks in corruption :

http://transparencyinsport.org/World-Cup-Winners/PDF-documents/The-2010-World-Cup-Winners.pdf

FIFA....NOT For The Good Of The Game !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 18:24:17 »

Good to see that Blatter is focussing on the really important issue with the corruption....

"One can ask whether such an action is appropriate, trying to set traps for people. It is a deeply rooted problem with the English media. Who is benefitting from this situation and who is being harmed, we are asking ourselves why did it happen and why did it happen specifically by English journalists? We are looking at that".

So the real problem here isn't the corruption, but our journalists for reporting the corruption.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9157121.stm
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 18:27:58 »

Good to see that Blatter is focussing on the really important issue with the corruption....

"One can ask whether such an action is appropriate, trying to set traps for people. It is a deeply rooted problem with the English media. Who is benefitting from this situation and who is being harmed, we are asking ourselves why did it happen and why did it happen specifically by English journalists? We are looking at that".

So the real problem here isn't the corruption, but our journalists for reporting the corruption.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9157121.stm
The question is not 'who is benefiting and who is being harmed?'. The question is 'who needs to stop benefiting so that football stops being harmed?'

We often complain about the FA and the FL, but FIFA really is a joke.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 18:58:04 »

Serves the FA right for choosing fucking MK as a venue. Karma, innit?
Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 19:18:02 »

Hosting the World cup has just become a way for other football federations across the world to tease us.

I couldnt care less anymore.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 19:31:40 »

I follow football in the same way I did as a kid. By this I mean I try my hardest to ignore the politics of football at all levels.

Pre-Mass media these people were to able to do their shady business in peace... It's depressing reading about the ways they try and cover the most blatant corruption. It's embarressing, we're not stupid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 22:03:51 »

It's embarressing, we're not stupid.
I am, speak for yourself
flammableBen

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 22:31:28 »

I thought this might be the knew spinoff game from EA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: