Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA Corruption  (Read 25800 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 16:22:46 »

Serves the FA right for choosing fucking MK as a venue. Karma, innit?

Or Kamara, possibly.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 17:19:37 »

I thought this might be the knew spinoff game from EA.

What, FIFA Corruption; "It's In The Game!"

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 17:36:31 »

Or Kamara, possibly.
Unbelievable!!!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 22:01:09 »

If we have harmed our bid there are plenty more bribing days left until voting day.

Got to play the system.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 23:23:02 »

Our media have been pretty restrained in their criticism of Blatter and FIFA with regard to the corruption that everyone knows is there. There's also the suggestion that they should restrain even more until the voting is done.

But doesn't that make us just as bad as everyone else - keeping quiet so we don't upset Blatter?

He should have been taken down a long time ago. If it's our media that does it and we lose out on hosting the WC as a result, would that really be such a bad thing? Someone needs to take a stand and no one else is likely to.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 6, 2010, 14:44:55 »

But Fifa are so currupt that Blatter will get back in regardless he has his bag men in tow  - voting for the WC is to be held in private so I expect they can talk about who got the biggest bribe from whom
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 19:51:26 »

It's the Panorama expose on FIFA tonight - 830pm on BBC1.

Based on this I'd say we're fucked:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11841783

Though there is a slim chance it could actually help us. It might make some of them vote for us, so there won't be any more accusations made against them - a vote for England could be viewed as a "clean" vote. Or it could mean the vote has to be postponed whilst they investigate the allegations.

The more I think about it the more I'm in favour of the BBC and the rest of our media holding FIFA to task. No one else is prepared to do it. If it means alienating us in world football then so be it, someone has to lead the campaign to clean up FIFA or it will just continue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 19:55:11 »

Only found 3 corrupt FIFA Exec members? What the hell do we pay our licence fee for?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 19:57:08 »

If it means alienating us in world football then so be it, someone has to lead the campaign to clean up FIFA or it will just continue.

We've been alienated for years.

It's All Good..............
glos_robin

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 19:59:53 »

Only in England would the press do all they can to ruin the bid, the Government should have pulled rank and delayed allowing it to be shown until after the world cup has been awarded. But nah we'll just self destruct our own bid, pretty pathetic if you ask me.....
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:00:39 »

Only found 3 corrupt FIFA Exec members? What the hell do we pay our licence fee for?

It's actually 4 they name, you forgot Jack "the tout" Warner.

We've been alienated for years.

Apparently we've been doing a fair bit recently to try and sort that out. Not that it will do us any good though.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 29, 2010, 21:11:34 by jonny72 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:13:50 »

Only in England would the press do all they can to ruin the bid, the Government should have pulled rank and delayed allowing it to be shown until after the world cup has been awarded
When we get to the stage where the government can stop the press from broadcasting/publishing stories they find inconvenient, we'll have bigger problems than whether or not we get to host the World Cup
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:17:25 »

I've finally decided I don't want the World Cup. Seeing various notable Brits being nice to various corrupt FIFA types makes my skin crawl. Send it to Spain/Portugal and Qatar and let them explain how they definitely weren't colluding.
glos_robin

« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:26:38 »

When we get to the stage where the government can stop the press from broadcasting/publishing stories they find inconvenient, we'll have bigger problems than whether or not we get to host the World Cup
Fair point but for once it'd be nice for the press to actually support something rather than try to ruin things all the time...........but then that doesn't make headlines.
With the Olympics no one actually thought we'd win, everyone assumed Paris was a given so the bid process didn't seem to get much attention, but rest assured the minute something goes wrong our media will pounce all over it and make the country even more of a laughing stock than it already is. It's just a sad state of affairs really
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:29:19 »

Don't know if its been posted and cant be assed to read through all this, but on BBC1 now..

Panorama: Fifa's Dirty Secrets!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: