Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA Corruption  (Read 25904 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:40:24 »

Let us be honest... England will not get the World Cup - Kick 'em in the nut Panorama. Perhaps, Donal MacIntyre can apply for a job at FIFA too?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 21:00:59 »

FIFA are corrupt. They are all at it. It started with Havelange, whose son-in-law Teixeira has been implicated tonight, and it has continued for the last 40 years, and they use the Swiss secrecy laws to hide behind.

The only way to bring down FIFA, is for the big European countries (England, Germany, Spain, France), the ones who pays the big money for the TV rights to pull out of FIFA, and they would be stuffed, as there could be no credible World Cup  without them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:02:29 »

We should withdraw before the vote. Otherwise whoever get's it, it's tainted.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:09:01 »

I'm in! I like it Smiley

It's this thinking that made this nation once the envy of the world.

[url width=395 height=249]http://www.christchurch-il.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/st_george_flag_banner.266205626_std.gif[/url]
red socks

« Reply #34 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:40:11 »

You know what? I think we should pull out of the whole thing, and set up are own world cup every four years - split the world championship up -  like in boxing - that'll learn them meddling fifa types
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 13:47:24 »

Let's be honest nothing new was mentioned and what was is already in the public domain, I'm all for exposing corruption but couldn't the beeb have shown this a few weeks ago instead of waiting until just a few days before the decision is to be made ?

If I'm honest though I think 2018 wil lgo to Russia and 2022 will go to Australia - both of who have big hitters behind them and a surplus of 'spare' money
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 15:38:55 »

Let's be honest nothing new was mentioned and what was is already in the public domain, I'm all for exposing corruption but couldn't the beeb have shown this a few weeks ago instead of waiting until just a few days before the decision is to be made ?

If I'm honest though I think 2018 wil lgo to Russia and 2022 will go to Australia - both of who have big hitters behind them and a surplus of 'spare' money

Hopefully they've got the cash to allow FIFA not to pay any taxes at all then.  We clearly haven't.  I agree with sutton, we should withdraw.

One thing that is clear, given all the corruption, I now understand why Milton Keynes were involved.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 15:53:50 »

One thing that is clear, given all the corruption, I now understand why Milton Keynes were involved.

They had a Special Report programme on SSN last night talking about the 2018 bid.

I nearly vomited when Wankelman popped onto the TV screen saying how wonderful it would be to have the World Cup in Franchise country, with the plastic bowl behind him.

BAZINGA !!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 19:20:28 »

I thought the same after watching it, but the newspaper articles I read on it suggested they were major accusations. Plus there was some new evidence - they had tracked some of those bribes to the FIFA officials which hadn't been done before. The Warner accusations were already common knowledge but maybe the extra exposure will get FIFA to act.

But I still think that the BBC should have waited, unless they had something far bigger than what they actually had.

As others have said, FIFA needs to be reformed and probably the only way that is going to happen is if UEFA force the issue, withdrawing from FIFA if necessary. The problem with that is you'd need all the big countries to do it, Spain and Portugal won't be interested as they're happy playing the game and don't give a fuck what they have to do to get the WC.

Unfortunately we aren't much better - Cameron, Beckham and Prince William will all be kissing up to Jack Warner and the rest of the bent FIFA hierarchy. Not sure withdrawing our bid will do anything, except make us look like bad losers, but we could be using it as a platform to drive change rather than getting in to bed with a corrupt FIFA executive.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 19:41:05 »

It won't go to us. Let's be honest FIFA will use any excuse in the book to ensure England doesn't ever host a WC again. First it was the hooligans in 2006 now it's some soft paper talk bollocks. I mean give over. We're the creators of the game, have one of the best national stadiums in the world and some good stadia to go with it. We've got the Olympics here in 2 years time. We're more than capable of holding a WC. I guess all that means nothing because a few blokes have been dodgy. Makes me laugh.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 20:07:25 »

Im going to blow up fifa and make sure the world cup goes to outer mongolia

Thatll learn them
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 15:34:47 »

Gary Lineker who's part of the 2018 bid,says that England have been knocked out in Round One.

Blatter about to announce the winners for 2018 and 2022.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 15:39:29 »

Russia will get it. Easy to make more money out of it.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 15:39:40 »

2018 - Russia announced as the winner.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 15:41:14 »

Russia got it. Joke.

If England was knocked out in the first round, that'll prove FIFA are a worst than a joke.

BAZINGA !!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: