Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518166 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #1485 on: Friday, April 15, 2011, 22:35:47 »

How long is the other trivial things thread?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: Friday, April 15, 2011, 22:38:26 »

Oh my

Things get better but they never get good
DMR

« Reply #1487 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 03:21:23 »

fBen you melt you've blatantly not sent pics of your cock out, put up or shut up, post them now
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 07:51:22 »

He definately did send a picture of his, or someobody elses male appendage

Things get better but they never get good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 07:52:57 »

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 18:29:47 »

Finally landing a new job Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 18:30:41 »

Congratulations Sam.

What ya doing now?!
Sussex

« Reply #1492 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 18:36:31 »

I thought from your fb status that another little Samdy was on the way  Smiley

Well done anyway though...
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 18:41:33 »

What ya doing now?!

Still financial services, but working for an IFA.

I thought from your fb status that another little Samdy was on the way  Smiley

Not for a while yet! One's enough for now.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 18:49:26 »

Nice one Samdy Smiley
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 18:50:53 »

That moment when you say to your wife, "I am off down the pub"

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 19:15:57 »

Sitting at home watching a documentry about Johnny Cash. Beer in one hand and pringles on the table.  Bliss
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 20:05:37 »

I thought from your fb status that another little Samdy was on the way  Smiley

Well done anyway though...

You weren't alone there Sussex.....congratulations all the same!
flammableBen

« Reply #1498 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 00:02:35 »

These reveiws of the mr. men books....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1SM813W6H36YA/ref=cm_pdp_rev_all?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

Quote from: Hamilton Richardson
5.0 out of 5 stars Unsettling Echoes of Josef K, 28 Feb 2010
This review is from: Mr. Messy (Mr. Men Classic Library) (Paperback)

If '1984' or 'The Trial' had been a children's book, Mr Messy would be it. No literary character has ever been so fully and categorically obliterated by the forces of social control. Hargreaves may well pay homage to Kafka and Orwell in this work, but he also goes beyond them.

We meet Mr Messy - a man whose entire day-to-day existence is the undiluted expression of his individuality. His very untidiness is a metaphor for his blissful and unselfconscious disregard for the Social Order. Yes, there are times when he himself is a victim of this individuality - as when he trips over a brush he has left on his garden path - but he goes through life with a smile on his face.

That is, until a chance meeting with Mr Neat and Mr Tidy - the archetypal men in suits. They set about a merciless programme of social engineering and indoctrination that we are left in no doubt is in flagrant violation of his free will. 'But I like being messy' he protests as they anonymize both his home and his person with their relentless cleaning activity, a symbolism thinly veiled.

This process is so thorough that by the end of it he is unrecognizable - a homogenized pink blob, no longer truly himself (that vibrant Pollock-like scribble of before). He smiles the smile of a brainwashed automaton, blandly accepting what he has been given no agency to question or refuse. It is in this very smile that the sheer horror of what we have seen to occur is at its most acute.

Somewhere behind this blank expression though is a latent anger - a trace of self-knowledge as to what he once was - in the barbed observation he makes to Neat and Tidy that they have even deprived him of his name.

The book ends with a dry reminder from Hargreaves that just as with the secret police in some totalitarian regime, our own small expressions of uniqueness and volition may also result in a visit from these sinister suited agents.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1499 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 07:19:58 »

Haha these are brilliant, here's another choice cut:

These reveiws of the mr. men books....

A Timely Meditation, 28 Feb 2010
This review is from: Mr. Strong (Mr. Men Classic Library) (Paperback)
What a triumph it is, this Nietzschean parable of the Superman. Mr Strong's very being brims with the Will To Power, for which his physical strength is not a delicate metaphor. He hammers a nail into walls with his finger, he ties a knot in an iron bar.

Furthermore, he manifests this sheer force and charisma often quite despite himself. He tears a door off its hinges totally by accident, and barely notices as a bus is written off in collision with him. The symbolism of both of these events is important. The incident with the door makes explicit that it is the world around Mr Strong that must change - not he - however violent this birth of the new. It is equally significant that Mr Strong's own inattentiveness to road safety causes the crash - he cannot help but exist above the social rules that govern the majority, beyond Good and Evil.

This is not to say that Mr Strong ever uses his innate superiority to do wrong - he is every bit as good an egg as those which form his principal diet. One feels he would be just as horrified as Nietzsche himself was by the anti-Semitism of Wagner.

Whatever the case, destiny calls the Superman. And with a fire in a field he yanks a barn from its foundations (a clever metaphor for the dramatic social change brought about by iconoclasts such as he). He fills it with water, empties it upon the chaotic inferno, dousing its flames with his might. Without so much as a second thought, he seizes his moment in history

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: