Pages: 1 ... 1895 1896 1897 [1898] 1899 1900 1901 ... 1948   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4807022 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28455 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:19:42 »

This could go in either of these threads but this one appeared first...

So which 'comedians' do we think are going to be mentioned on Dispatches this evening, apart from Russell Brand who is getting his rebuttals out early on social media this morning?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28456 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:38:59 »

So which 'comedians' do we think are going to be mentioned on Dispatches this evening, apart from Russell Brand who is getting his rebuttals out early on social media this morning?

I've always found Russell Brand's career quite strange. He was appearing regularly on mainstream TV, sell out stand up shows in large venues, married to Katy Perry etc. Pretty much a dream life.

I know these things can change quickly and I assume he was 'cancelled' as he now makes his income via YouTube videos. I don't really have any thoughts on him either way but to release a 'defence' video the morning/evening of the Dispatches interview does suggest an element of involvement. Or he could be incredibly clever and look to utilise extra 'clicks' by stoking the fire and then after the documentary sticking 2 fingers up as it wasn't anything to do with him.

Twitter is certainly going to be busy with theorists from both sides of the political spectrum.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28457 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:41:42 »

David Walliams?
The bloke that does Mrs Browns Boys also?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28458 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:45:53 »

David Walliams?

I've seen David Jason mentioned in passing also which would be a nightmare.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #28459 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:53:03 »

According to John Kearns last night, it’s Brand and Walliams, and they are apparently fucked

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28460 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:53:37 »

What have they supposed to have done? Or is it something dreadful they’ve said?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28461 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:57:15 »

What have they supposed to have done? Or is it something dreadful they’ve said?

I don't think anyone knows really but allegedly sexual assault. (multiple times I think)

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28462 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:57:55 »

I've always found Russell Brand's career quite strange. He was appearing regularly on mainstream TV, sell out stand up shows in large venues, married to Katy Perry etc. Pretty much a dream life.

I know these things can change quickly and I assume he was 'cancelled' as he now makes his income via YouTube videos. I don't really have any thoughts on him either way but to release a 'defence' video the morning/evening of the Dispatches interview does suggest an element of involvement. Or he could be incredibly clever and look to utilise extra 'clicks' by stoking the fire and then after the documentary sticking 2 fingers up as it wasn't anything to do with him.

Twitter is certainly going to be busy with theorists from both sides of the political spectrum.
Don't think he was 'cancelled' more that the mainstream just got bored with him, he is one of those people who seems to be of the impression that because he has the ability to talk at length using long and flowery language it makes him some sort of intellectual, but I think instead much of the population have just concluded over time that he is a bit of a prick.

He now seems to broadly live in the same rabbit hole as Le Tissier, Fox and other conspiracy theorists making a living out of saying contrary things on you tube.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #28463 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:59:11 »

A small point but he now earns his money through Rumble on a monthly subscription basis, rumble being all about free speech. So naturally there are plenty of holocaust deniers, "anti globalists", vaccine deniers and nazis openly being platformed over there.
Brand's always had a conspiratorial mind, has found a lucrative career in pushing that to the extreme and dog whistling a-plenty whilst also saying nothing cogent.

I saw some polls his socials had done and boy...they're maga deep enders now
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 11:03:23 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28464 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 11:06:59 »

David Walliams?
What is depressingly funny are all the fans of those rumored to be involved arguing that they obviously didn't do it when none of us know what it is....
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28465 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 11:10:13 »

Don't think he was 'cancelled' more that the mainstream just got bored with him, he is one of those people who seems to be of the impression that because he has the ability to talk at length using long and flowery language it makes him some sort of intellectual, but I think instead much of the population have just concluded over time that he is a bit of a prick.

He now seems to broadly live in the same rabbit hole as Le Tissier, Fox and other conspiracy theorists making a living out of saying contrary things on you tube.

That's why I used 'cancelled' in italics. I think you are probably right, these TV comics do tend to have a shelf life and I guess he had reached his. Didn't he do some film as well?

Laurence Fox (despite me continually asking twitter to stop showing me his content so much) shared something today so he's probably guilty.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28466 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 11:13:44 »

A small point but he now earns his money through Rumble on a monthly subscription basis, rumble being all about free speech. So naturally there are plenty of holocaust deniers, "anti globalists", vaccine deniers and nazis openly being platformed over there.
Brand's always had a conspiratorial mind, has found a lucrative career in pushing that to the extreme and dog whistling a-plenty whilst also saying nothing cogent.

I saw some polls his socials had done and boy...they're maga deep enders now

Cheers Bennett. I wasn't sure he was like that but I should have figured that out when one of our friends who lives in Turkey who is a big conspiracy theorist herself started sharing videos of him.

Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28467 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 11:16:14 »

That's why I used 'cancelled' in italics. I think you are probably right, these TV comics do tend to have a shelf life and I guess he had reached his. Didn't he do some film as well?

Laurence Fox (despite me continually asking twitter to stop showing me his content so much) shared something today so he's probably guilty.
How does that work? I’ve been plagued with tweets from all manner of things Walsall for weeks - official, fan blog, academy etc? Clicked the ‘not interested and show less tweets’ but they are still coming.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #28468 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 11:19:37 »

Going on the "for you" tab is your first mistake

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #28469 on: Saturday, September 16, 2023, 11:22:32 »

I saw Russell Brand at Reading Festival in the comedy tent in about 2002 or something and he was absolutely side splittingly brilliant. His whole show revolved around him going through that day's edition of The Sun newspaper. It is probably the best comedy set I've ever seen.

However, it's been downhill since then and his remaining schtick seems to be a distilled version of the sketch in Team America. "THE CORPORATIONS!"
Pages: 1 ... 1895 1896 1897 [1898] 1899 1900 1901 ... 1948   Go Up
Print
Jump to: