Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 1742 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517744 times)
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #26070 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 14:33:17 »

Going to the league 2 leaders and winning, then 3 days later going to the league 1 leaders and winning. All without 5 internationals Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26071 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 15:54:22 »

Going to the league 2 leaders and winning, then 3 days later going to the league 1 leaders and winning. All without 5 internationals Smiley

At this trajectory we should be beating Chelsea next Monday. Looking forward to it...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26072 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 15:59:07 »

I didn't want to jinx anything but the last month I have noticed the pigeons that love the trees in the garden and the bird feed that falls onto the grass, along with the post meal shite they leave has stopped, and even the irritating constant cooing is next to non-existant.

This morning I checked the Nextdoor app and apparently they are being found dead all over the town, a load of speculation that someone is putting rat poison down and they are being spotted dead all over the place, 3 were found in the canal, we saw one dead outside the local shop on Monday so there is definitely something happening. I just hope it's not bird flu or anything more serious.

I fucking hate the dirty rats but would never physically harm them personally. But I do enjoy not having them around it must be said!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26073 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 16:08:17 »

I didn't want to jinx anything but the last month I have noticed the pigeons that love the trees in the garden and the bird feed that falls onto the grass, along with the post meal shite they leave has stopped, and even the irritating constant cooing is next to non-existant.

This morning I checked the Nextdoor app and apparently they are being found dead all over the town, a load of speculation that someone is putting rat poison down and they are being spotted dead all over the place, 3 were found in the canal, we saw one dead outside the local shop on Monday so there is definitely something happening. I just hope it's not bird flu or anything more serious.

I fucking hate the dirty rats but would never physically harm them personally. But I do enjoy not having them around it must be said!

Thanks Mr Packham!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26074 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 12:24:32 »

I'm afraid it would have gone to your old address unless you replied to the trust email with an updated address.

Mine turned up today. Nice.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Hunk

« Reply #26075 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 12:30:10 »

Hate pigeons too but wouldn’t advocate for them being eradicated by some vigilante flying rat exterminator. They truly are bastards, though
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #26076 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 15:00:14 »

Hate pigeons too but wouldn’t advocate for them being eradicated by some vigilante flying rat exterminator. They truly are bastards, though

They go nice in a wild game pie or terrine.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26077 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 15:02:12 »

It is a nice tasty meat true enough! It's about the right time of year for a bit of game isn't it?

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #26078 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 15:08:51 »

It is a nice tasty meat true enough! It's about the right time of year for a bit of game isn't it?

Hell yeah.
Hunk

« Reply #26079 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 15:10:35 »

I've never had pigeon. I always assumed that the pigeon you see shitting on people's cars would not make great food and that the ones you get in pies were reared in a certain way that makes them tasty. Could you just shoot a random pigeon, put it in a pie and be happy with the results?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26080 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 15:22:50 »

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #26081 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 15:54:48 »

I've never had pigeon. I always assumed that the pigeon you see shitting on people's cars would not make great food and that the ones you get in pies were reared in a certain way that makes them tasty. Could you just shoot a random pigeon, put it in a pie and be happy with the results?

Yes. Well, sort of. Firstly it helps if said pigeon is dead. They tend not to be happy chappies stuffed into a pie while still alive. Just as importantly they need to be plucked and dressed if using the whole carcass. Tip, they do benefit from being hung for a week. Another tip. Don’t piss about plucking and dressing the thing. Just slit along the breast bone, peel the skin back and eek out both breast fillets and Chuck the rest in your neighbours garden or if you actually like your neighbours in a local hedgerow or some such place and the foxes will do the rest.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 17:01:24 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26082 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 16:34:35 »

I had Pigeon once, at Babylon in Kensington (work funded celebration).  Was nice, gamey.
Hunk

« Reply #26083 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 16:44:28 »

Yes. Well, sort of. Firstly it helps if said pigeon is dead. They tend not to be happy chappies stuffed into a pie while still alive. Just as importantly they need to be plucked and dressed if using the whole carcass. Tip, they do benefit from being hung for a week. Another tip. Don’t puss about plucking and dressing the thing. Just slit along the breast bone, peel the skin back and eek out both breast fillets and Chuck the rest in your neighbours garden or if you actually like your neighbours in a local hedgerow or some such p,ace and the foxes will do the rest.

Sage advice, thankyou.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #26084 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 17:02:19 »

I had Pigeon once, at Babylon in Kensington (work funded celebration).  Was nice, gamey.

Seeing as they are now classed as vermin eating them seems a reasonable use.
Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 1742 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: