Pages: 1 ... 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518011 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #25470 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 13:41:54 »

Good summary as this spring has been pretty lousy and cold

Complete opposite to last year. Though IIRC, May last year wasn’t particularly warm but when it picked it turned out to be decent summer, though we didn’t get much of an Indian summer September/October.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25471 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 14:28:10 »

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought May & June was pretty decent as I was furloughed for those two months and quite enjoyed the time off

So, give no fucks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #25472 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 14:52:03 »

ex pats

*Immigrants
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #25473 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 15:09:55 »

*Immigrants

100% this.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25474 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 15:10:19 »

Semantics.

Immigrants are usually defined as people who have come to a different country in order to live and work there permanently, whereas expats move abroad for a limited amount of time or have not yet decided upon the length of their stay - many of whom are retired and not looking to work.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25475 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 15:47:27 »

I'm a Resident Alien
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #25476 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 16:11:28 »

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought May & June was pretty decent as I was furloughed for those two months and quite enjoyed the time off

I’m think back to the slow start of my greenhouse season got off to primarily.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25477 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 16:53:23 »

What's it like this year

So, give no fucks
Barry Scott

« Reply #25478 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 07:53:46 »

Future stepson’s bike getting nicked. We’ve been telling him for ages that he needs to put it away or someone will have it (we live in the town centre and our garden is practically unprotected and open). His response is generally “be reet”. It’s now been nicked.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25479 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 08:39:22 »

That'll learn him
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #25480 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:41:22 »

What's it like this year

Fucking brilliant. Started the toms back first week of Feb along with the chillies and sweet peppers. For some reason the sweet peppers took three attempts to get going but there are now eight of them about three inches tall. The chillies are about two inches though they always start slowly and pick up July & August so I expect the peppers to be the same. I have four varieties of tomatoes. Standard Alicante, Cherry that can climb as a bush or kept as a standard, bell pepper toms from a supermarket purchase last year, not done them before so we’ll see and beef toms, again from a supermarket purchase. The beef ones I’m hoping to turn into sundried toms if I get a decent crop early enough. These are all about three foot tall now and have their first trusses of flowers. I have to declare that I have had the greenhouse bubble wrapped and heated since mid March. As soon as my bedding plants have established themselves then the bubble wrap comes down until late October or early November depending on the weather to over winter some half hardy plants like next year’s geraniums. Edit. Not been this proactive for years but being off the corporate hamster wheel and self employed in the zero hours gig economy I have more quality time to do this little passion.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 14:28:31 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25481 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 12:31:59 »

Those bloody Belgians...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56978344
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25482 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 14:12:00 »

Fucking brilliant. Started the toms back first week of Feb along with the chilliest and sweet peppers. For some reason the sweet peppers took three attempts to get going but there are now eight of them about three inches tall. The chillies are about two inches though they always start slowly and pick up July & August so I expect the peppers to be the same. I have four varieties of tomatoes. Standard Alicante, Cherry that can climb as a bush or kept as a standard, bell pepper toms from a supermarket purchase last year, not done them before so we’ll see and beef toms, again from a supermarket purchase. The beef ones I’m hoping to turn into sundries if I get a decent crop early enough. These are all about three foot tall now and have their first trusses of flowers. I have to declare that I have had the greenhouse bubble wrapped and heated since mid March. As soon as my bedding plants have established themselves then the bubble wrap comes down until late October or early November depending on the weather to over winter some half hardy plants like next year’s geraniums.

Wow that's quite impressive considering it's been quite a cold spring. Do you have a big garden to accommodate a decent greenhouse and have you ever had an allotment

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #25483 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 14:23:46 »

Wow that's quite impressive considering it's been quite a cold spring. Do you have a big garden to accommodate a decent greenhouse and have you ever had an allotment

No and yes. The latter ended in tears as SBC evicted me from my plot, which was massive and I couldn’t devote the time necessary to keep on top of it. Hopefully I can get back into the allotment game in a few years when I have more time, which is more time than 15 years ago but still not enough. I’m banking on SBC not keeping a black list of delinquent tenants for too long 🤣

I expect my leccy bill is going to be substantial which was part of a forum conversation a month or so ago but I’m offsetting that by lashing out on a new combi boiler in June.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 14:25:36 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25484 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 14:49:03 »

It's very hardness to get an allotment these days and even more so after the last 12 months we've been through so if you get offered another one maybe give up the cider and take it!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: