Pages: 1 ... 1712 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 1718 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4545291 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25710 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 15:35:23 »

How many students have a part time job these days? 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25711 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 15:38:08 »

How many Eek

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25712 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 16:12:45 »

The snobby bit was referring to the people you (and others) say who frequent the pub not those who work there. Lazy, snobby stereotype. Easy slur to make and a bit beneath your previous comments.
My daughter goes into a spoons and she's as ardent a remainer as I'm a brexiteer.

From what I read from afar, the Dockle Farmhouse is doing a sterling job of creating that stereotype though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25713 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 16:21:47 »

Of course I have absolutely no statistics to back it up, but I imagine there are probably more arrests/assaults/incidents per visitor in Wetherspoons than other non-Wetherspoons pubs.

Only recently there have been videos on social media of bouncers being racially abused and punters fighting with police inside a Wetherspoons. Clearly there is a negative stereotype of Wetherspoons just attracting knuckle dragging morons who are just out looking to cause trouble, but I have to be honest I haven't seen any incidents personally, however I'm very rarely anywhere near one anywhere near kicking out time. It's cheap and cheerful and more often than not the staff are pleasant enough. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25714 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 16:46:44 »

The spoons in Boremuff is a decent pub, big but decent.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25715 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 16:53:32 »

Shame we won't be playing them in the foreseeable future!

So, give no fucks
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #25716 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 17:01:24 »

From what I read from afar, the Dockle Farmhouse is doing a sterling job of creating that stereotype though.
Wrong stereotype ie young scrappers unless any derogatory stereotype will do.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #25717 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 17:02:56 »

The spoons in Boremuff is a decent pub, big but decent.
A lot are. They're cheap and cheerful. On the positive side those who drink there don't have to put up with judgemental twats looking down their noses at them
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25718 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 17:05:23 »

I used to enjoy the Quaterdeck pub right opposite the pier years ago
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 08:35:40 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #25719 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 17:07:17 »

Of course I have absolutely no statistics to back it up, but I imagine there are probably more arrests/assaults/incidents per visitor in Wetherspoons than other non-Wetherspoons pubs.

Only recently there have been videos on social media of bouncers being racially abused and punters fighting with police inside a Wetherspoons. Clearly there is a negative stereotype of Wetherspoons just attracting knuckle dragging morons who are just out looking to cause trouble, but I have to be honest I haven't seen any incidents personally, however I'm very rarely anywhere near one anywhere near kicking out time. It's cheap and cheerful and more often than not the staff are pleasant enough. 

Depends how you massage the numbers to suit the story you’re trying to convey. Spoons if not the largest is one of the biggest Indy pub companies, so by that yardstick they’ll likely as not fall into your comments storyline. Equally sited in places of dense populations in areas where the demographic is perhaps lower income, again could easily support your storyline. What about the Hungry Horse chain? Our local, the Woodlands edge, has over the last few years made headlines locally and nationally so that chain must be up there too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25720 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 17:14:35 »

Being a Swindoian before the chain pubs were recognised pubs that were notorious for trouble were the Bulldog, Cock Robin, Dears Leap, Moonrakers.

So, give no fucks
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #25721 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 08:34:13 »

I think it depends on the ‘spoons and it’s location. Most in Swindon see no trouble whatsoever, but the Dockle is horrendous.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25722 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 08:37:04 »

Too many lads barely 18 is the problem

So, give no fucks
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25723 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 10:19:21 »

One sniff of the bar towel and they think they are nails  Roll Eyes
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25724 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 11:55:07 »

Completed the Rob Roy Way on Tuesday.
About 79 miles over 7 days walking. Drymen to Pitlochry.
The triumphal entry into Pitlochry was greeted largely with indifference by the locals.
Lovely part of the world and some great views and scenery.
And spotted a red squirrel  Smiley

Got up to Scotland and back on public transport. Still fairly quiet on the trains.
It would appear that 18-21 year olds have the monopoly on face covering exemptions if Glasgow Central station was anything to go by.
The b&b's and hotels are just starting to pick up.
I guess that the volume of staycationers might make up for the lack of Teutonic hordes that would normally swarm over the Highlands in the summer.

Noticed people still preferring to sit outside for bars and restaurants.
Might have been down to decent weather or still some caution.
But most places were taking bookings for indoors in the evenings.

Also noticed and perhaps understandably that food and drink prices have been upped.
The card is king and faffing around to locate and download a dedicated ordering app for one particular hotel, when gasping for a pint, was an additional unwanted challenge.
Hopefully come 21st June some of the spontaneity can return to going out for a drink and a meal.
If going on holiday before then don't forget. Mask on, mask off, mask on, mask off, mask on, mask off, ad infinitum.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 1712 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 1718 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: