Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 2470 [2471] 2472 2473 2474 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048282 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #37050 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 12:50:19 »

Cunts at work.

Leaving in the summer, been in the role for 16 years. A couple of thankyou's and that's it.

Not expecting a card or anything, but a thankyou for all your hardwork would have been nice.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #37051 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 12:55:30 »

Cunts at work.

Leaving in the summer, been in the role for 16 years. A couple of thankyou's and that's it.

Not expecting a card or anything, but a thankyou for all your hardwork would have been nice.

At least you know that leaving was the right thing to do.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37052 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 14:50:17 »

Cunts at work.

ex-work!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37053 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 15:22:04 »

Cunts at work.

Don't rise to it, just thrive on the pettiness of it all.

When I last left a place they wanted me to go on gardening leave for my notice period and seemed genuinely offended that I was happy to do so but expected to collect my salary until my formal notice period ended. As it was Christmas time when I left we also had the charade at the Christmas do where they normally gave out the bonuses, but strangely it didn't appear to happen that year, until a pissed colleague revealed that they had done so when I was in the bog and been sworn not to tell me about it!

People are odd twats, you will laugh at them in the future! Hope the change goes well, to echo, sounds like it was a good decision.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37054 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 20:53:23 »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/20/us/quidditch-name-change-quadball-cec/index.html

It doesn't annoy me, but this is likely the best thread for it.  Grown men and women play this!  I'm ignoring all the posturing, it's that the "sport" exists.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #37055 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 21:44:14 »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/20/us/quidditch-name-change-quadball-cec/index.html

It doesn't annoy me, but this is likely the best thread for it.  Grown men and women play this!  I'm ignoring all the posturing, it's that the "sport" exists.

Fucking pathetic. Not a sport. Legitimatises darts as a sport for me.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #37056 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 08:28:01 »

Good to see that our Tory MPs think trans rights come before the impending extinction of mankind due to global warming  Roll Eyes

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37057 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 08:50:34 »

Good to see that our Tory MPs think trans rights come before the impending extinction of mankind due to global warming  Roll Eyes

This feels like quite a stretch to kick Conservative members. The polling question presented them a list of political topics and asked them to choose up to four they cared about. As far as I can see, environmental/climate change issues weren't offered as an option, and trans issues came bottom of all the polled topics.

Overall this looks like a fairly sensible ordering of the topics that would be broadly representative of the wider public, perhaps mildly underplaying housing. If anything, this suggests that Conservative members really aren't rabid culture warrior GB News types, but fairly normal people who skew older, whiter and richer but aren't some separate species.

Here's the original poll (I think) https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1547165297827799041/photo/1

If you want to criticise the lack of an environment/climate crisis topic, that's on the pollster.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #37058 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 12:53:41 »

Fair comment Nemo, although I'm not sure Gove, Rees-mogg and Fabricant are the same species as us.

This feels like quite a stretch to kick Conservative members. The polling question presented them a list of political topics and asked them to choose up to four they cared about. As far as I can see, environmental/climate change issues weren't offered as an option, and trans issues came bottom of all the polled topics.

Overall this looks like a fairly sensible ordering of the topics that would be broadly representative of the wider public, perhaps mildly underplaying housing. If anything, this suggests that Conservative members really aren't rabid culture warrior GB News types, but fairly normal people who skew older, whiter and richer but aren't some separate species.

Here's the original poll (I think) https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1547165297827799041/photo/1

If you want to criticise the lack of an environment/climate crisis topic, that's on the pollster.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37059 on: Friday, July 22, 2022, 10:42:26 »

I was just reading about the carnage at Dover and Natalie Elphicke's comment "Quite simply, the French Border officers didn't turn up to work"

Got me thinking back to when I worked in Luxembourg with a mix of Ex-Pat Brits, Irish, French and a smattering of other nationalities. Luxembourg was very generous with holiday allowance, we used to get 36-38 days allowance a year which was more than plentiful. Obviously because of the allowance if you felt a bit under the weather most people would still come into work. Not the French, you could spot a bout of sick days a mile off, Jean-Jacques would spend the afternoon in the office wearing a scarf and then before you can say 'Zut Alors' they would take the rest of the week off because they felt poorly.

Clearly this is probably unfairly stereotypical and in the past I have had more than a few Pat and Mick days where I've not been as unwell as I had made out (very rarely in Luxembourg due to the holiday allowance) but in my experience the French are a little on the pathetic side.  

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #37060 on: Friday, July 22, 2022, 11:15:58 »

People, mainly Tory supporters, who,in trying to brush aside the shit show of the last 12 years,say " it's not just the government,all politicians are corrupt". It may turn out to be true but we don't know til they've been in power.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37061 on: Friday, July 22, 2022, 12:44:02 »

People, mainly Tory supporters, who,in trying to brush aside the shit show of the last 12 years,say " it's not just the government,all politicians are corrupt". It may turn out to be true but we don't know til they've been in power.

Its a Tory tactic to make the few  number of people who can vote for change (i.e. floating voters)  think "what's the point".

I'm sure of it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37062 on: Friday, July 22, 2022, 13:04:29 »

Its a Tory tactic to make the few  number of people who can vote for change (i.e. floating voters)  think "what's the point".

I'm sure of it.

…probably the same people who want their football teams manager sacked after 10 games…!!

Like, not a politically informed person at all but in what other situation would you stick with the people doing such a poor job? Even if you thought the next person in was going to be shite…surely it’s worth the gamble? What’s the worst that could happen? Things continue to be as shite as they are now?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37063 on: Friday, July 22, 2022, 13:33:16 »

…probably the same people who want their football teams manager sacked after 10 games…!!

Like, not a politically informed person at all but in what other situation would you stick with the people doing such a poor job? Even if you thought the next person in was going to be shite…surely it’s worth the gamble? What’s the worst that could happen? Things continue to be as shite as they are now?

Well exactly.

Makes me laugh whenever the Tories wheel out "it would be a coalition of chaos" under labour + a.n.other.

I mean, what the fuck is it now then?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37064 on: Friday, July 22, 2022, 13:39:12 »

Well exactly.

Makes me laugh whenever the Tories wheel out "it would be a coalition of chaos" under labour + a.n.other.

I mean, what the fuck is it now then?

A single party shambles? Gotta have the alliteration or it won't cut through!
Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 2470 [2471] 2472 2473 2474 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: