Pages: 1 ... 2388 2389 2390 [2391] 2392 2393 2394 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047238 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35850 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 14:18:58 »

The worst idea, ever, is to shop for Mrs Audrey’s present with Mrs Audrey.

‘‘Tis her birthday Monday and we were going to Athens, but jolly old Covid put the kibosh on that.

So today we popped into town. She fancied a bit of bling. Into the shop we go. ‘Oh, that looks nice’. Try it on says I - does look nice, too.

‘Shop keep, how much for said item’  says her.

‘€1950’ says him.

‘Fuck me’ says I.

She could tell, even through my masked face, she wasn’t getting that.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #35851 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 14:31:27 »

I do almost all of my Christmas shopping online. I ordered a couple of things from Amazon and they seem to have stopped putting things in boxes, so the Postie handed something to my wife the other day and she now knows one of the things that she is getting for Christmas.

Minor of course in the grand scheme of things, and I guess I should applaud Amazon for not putting things in pointless boxes.

Oddly I'm told this has always happened. My son is an Amazon retailer and apparently the box thing is all about tessellation, that is how things fit together neatly in the van in order to wedge together without moving. They've an algorithm that tells them the most efficient way to  fit stuff in and the box size needed to make each item fit.

That's why you'll sometimes get a small item in a large box, with a shit load of padding. Because it fits the gap left more snugly. Sometimes the box something is in fits an available gap so it doesn't get a further load of packaging.

The way to avoid it is to mark it as a gift, there's a box to tick. Then it's always boxed and has no labels that identify contents.

..never go back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35852 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 14:41:17 »

One thing Amazon seem to have changed in the last couple of weeks is that we are getting loads of stuff not in boxes but in brown envelopes/bags!

Still dumped on the doorstep normally without the bell being rung!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35853 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 14:42:06 »

The worst idea, ever, is to shop for Mrs Audrey’s present with Mrs Audrey.

‘‘Tis her birthday Monday and we were going to Athens, but jolly old Covid put the kibosh on that.

So today we popped into town. She fancied a bit of bling. Into the shop we go. ‘Oh, that looks nice’. Try it on says I - does look nice, too.

‘Shop keep, how much for said item’  says her.

‘€1950’ says him.

‘Fuck me’ says I.

She could tell, even through my masked face, she wasn’t getting that.

I purchased a ring for my wife once, in Tiffany's on 5th Ave.  I knew I was in trouble when they brought Champagne out.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35854 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 15:11:26 »

No

Have you learnt nothing?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35855 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 15:15:31 »

Oddly I'm told this has always happened. My son is an Amazon retailer and apparently the box thing is all about tessellation, that is how things fit together neatly in the van in order to wedge together without moving. They've an algorithm that tells them the most efficient way to  fit stuff in and the box size needed to make each item fit.

That's why you'll sometimes get a small item in a large box, with a shit load of padding. Because it fits the gap left more snugly. Sometimes the box something is in fits an available gap so it doesn't get a further load of packaging.

The way to avoid it is to mark it as a gift, there's a box to tick. Then it's always boxed and has no labels that identify contents.

Yeah I realised as soon as I saw it unboxed that I should have marked it as a gift, so it's my fault really and I can't have any complaints really and truly!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35856 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 15:17:24 »

Why do people feel the need to hide the number plate in photos when selling a car?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35857 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 15:44:46 »

Why do people feel the need to hide the number plate in photos when selling a car?
Because of number plate theft and bilking offences where people steal number plates and put them on similar cars and drive away from petrol stations without paying or commit crimes or speed etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35858 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 16:01:53 »

Quote from: 4D

as above

and to stop you looking at the MOT history!

to be honest, so many don't have number plates blotted of imagine a clone would be a piece of piss anyway
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35859 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 19:52:32 »

Villa v Man City, Everton v Liverpool 20:15 kick offs. How much later will they play games to suit the TV companies.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 19:55:10 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35860 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 20:45:52 »

They're on Amazon video. Don't get why the change in time unless it's international broadcast reasons.

however it's only 15-30 minutes after normal midweek KO time. Not exactly a midnight finish
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35861 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 20:47:34 »

Making later and later for fans getting home

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #35862 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:08:26 »

Because of number plate theft and bilking offences where people steal number plates and put them on similar cars and drive away from petrol stations without paying or commit crimes or speed etc.

No idea if this is true, but I guess it's possible to get owner name and address details online which potentially could be used to aid identity theft/fraud?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #35863 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:13:34 »

Making later and later for fans getting home

TV companies put so much money into the game that fans are merely pawns these days. Worldwide there are millions of Man U and Liverpool fans who will tune into their matches whenever they are played. The fans that actually go to games are never taken into consideration.

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35864 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:36:56 »

Which is why I'm so glad I support Swindon.
Pages: 1 ... 2388 2389 2390 [2391] 2392 2393 2394 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: