Pages: 1 ... 2386 2387 2388 [2389] 2390 2391 2392 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046681 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35820 on: Friday, November 26, 2021, 10:37:17 »

Indeed, it used to entertain me, now it annoys me. I must be getting old and time to delete it I think

A couple of years back I was getting really cranky about just about everything, to such an extent that Mrs Horlock07 had a quiet word.

Since then I have made a concerted effort to not get wound up about things I can do nothing about and laugh at people being pricks on social media, and I feel 1000x better for it!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35821 on: Friday, November 26, 2021, 10:40:29 »

A couple of years back I was getting really cranky about just about everything, to such an extent that Mrs Horlock07 had a quiet word.

Since then I have made a concerted effort to not get wound up about things I can do nothing about and laugh at people being pricks on social media, and I feel 1000x better for it!

I think this is definitely the way to approach social media to be honest. I do like Twitter and find some of the conversations interesting, but there are the usual trolls and people that are just plainly out there for a reaction but I find that ignorance is often bliss!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #35822 on: Friday, November 26, 2021, 11:23:24 »

I deleted all social media at the beginning of this year and I don’t miss any of it at all.
The only thing I’ve found is I am sometimes a bit late to the party on football/boxing news but other than that - absolute bliss.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35823 on: Friday, November 26, 2021, 11:29:08 »

I think this is definitely the way to approach social media to be honest. I do like Twitter and find some of the conversations interesting, but there are the usual trolls and people that are just plainly out there for a reaction but I find that ignorance is often bliss!
Absolutely, I only use Facebook as I use it to contact old mates as I don't have their mobile number or email, I don't read the Swindon pages on there any more unless its the official page and even then I don't read the comments as it frustrates me hugely.

I only open twitter on matchdays to get the team news, the rest I ignore.

I pity some people who have nothing better to do that wind up people on social media ala Kostiuk etc etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #35824 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 12:05:32 »

My pig might have cancer. Fucking gutted, he's part of the family.

His name is Duncan. After my late uncle, who died of cancer.

I fucking hate cancer.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35825 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 12:06:54 »

Sorry to hear that

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35826 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 12:08:17 »

I fucking hate cancer.
Know the feeling mate, my oldest dog is in the same boat, hes in his last few weeks, hes 10 but its still a wrench and heartbreaking hes also gone blind almost overnight a few weeks ago.

Its shit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35827 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 12:14:46 »

I’d say over half the greyhounds I’ve had as pets have succumbed to cancer. Difference being I can prevent their suffering.

It’s the worst feeling ever, but I know it’s the thing to do.

Feel for you.
Flashheart

« Reply #35828 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 12:20:14 »

Hoping it's treatable if not curable. He doesn't seem to be in pain.

Poor boy doesn't deserve this.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35829 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 12:47:18 »

I fucking hate cancer.

That is very sad news. Pets as such wether fish, foul, mammal or reptile do become part of the family on many levels.
Sympathies to you and yours.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35830 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 13:04:59 »

The bloke on the bus talking in a foreign tongue on the phone. He could put his phone away and just open the fucking window. Jeez, talk about loud.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35831 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 13:30:13 »

I can’t find the individual thread on IPTV so I’ve put this here.

Has anyone who uses an IPTV provider had problems when using in conjunction with a VPN?

I’ve taken out a month’s subscription with worthystreams which until the last week has been OK. However since then it is virtually unwatchable with constant buffering and stopping entirely.

I’ve been using Cyber Ghost as a VPN which I’ve now uninstalled and the IPTV is, atm, back to working perfectly.

My month’s subscription is up in a couple of days so wondering if the VPN caused the trouble before I go ahead and pay for a longer subscription.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35832 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 13:40:27 »

it certainly could cause trouble if the VPN isn't fast.

however so could a lot of things, e.g . poor wi-fi reception, device issues, etc

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35833 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 13:43:33 »

I usually use Surf Shark as a VPN but have been unable to get ITV Hub to work with it so I changed to Cyber Ghost whichwas supposed to be top notch. It seems as if it’s really shite or needs tweaking.

Is there a VPN that doesn’t cause other problems.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35834 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:03:52 »

I get the bus after the footy on Fleming way by the fire station, yet we still collect town fans down by Debenhams. Why the fuck would you walk that far when the bus picks up by the magic? Weird.
Pages: 1 ... 2386 2387 2388 [2389] 2390 2391 2392 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: