Pages: 1 ... 2328 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 2334 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047633 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34950 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 13:09:28 »

anything in particular?
TBH I think Crispys post was spot on without any explanation ever needed!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34951 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 13:26:30 »

Kind of on the same vein as Crispy's message, it's probably always been like that but I really despise what Twitter appears to have become. When I first signed up I loved the interaction with STFC fans, it was a really fast way of getting the STFC news fast and seeing what other people thought of the new signings, or how we played recently etc etc.

Nowadays everything I read seems to be hateful or hurtful or just negative in general. I know I should just not read things that are trending, as most of the diatribe comes from this, but I come away hating the human race more and more. I don't want to leave for the football news really but I can see myself doing away with SM sooner rather than later. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #34952 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 13:29:31 »

anything in particular?

The Out of Context Swindon page, believe you replied somewhere in the thread. Just boring, isn't it?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Flashheart

« Reply #34953 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 13:33:12 »

Kind of on the same vein as Crispy's message, it's probably always been like that but I really despise what Twitter appears to have become. When I first signed up I loved the interaction with STFC fans, it was a really fast way of getting the STFC news fast and seeing what other people thought of the new signings, or how we played recently etc etc.

Nowadays everything I read seems to be hateful or hurtful or just negative in general. I know I should just not read things that are trending, as most of the diatribe comes from this, but I come away hating the human race more and more. I don't want to leave for the football news really but I can see myself doing away with SM sooner rather than later. 

I stopped logging in ages ago, and I'm glad I did.

I used to wake up in a good mood, decide to have a quick browse with a cuppa before work, and find my good mood soon vanished. It's toxic, increasingly so, which is a real shame because there's also a lot of very good accounts on there.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34954 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 13:35:57 »

I stopped logging in ages ago, and I'm glad I did.

I used to wake up in a good mood, decide to have a quick browse with a cuppa before work, and find my good mood soon vanished. It's toxic, increasingly so, which is a real shame because there's also a lot of very good accounts on there.

absolutely FH. Couldn't agree more.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34955 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 13:53:43 »

Quote from: Crispy
anything in particular?
The Out of Context Swindon page, believe you replied somewhere in the thread. Just boring, isn't it?

oh yeah.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34956 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 14:36:08 »

Twitter is whatever you make of it. Don’t follow bellends would be my advice

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #34957 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 14:52:14 »

I don't follow bellends on Twitter.

But their hatred and fuckwittery still permeates into everything on that platform. Including the otherwise excellent accounts.
Panda Paws

« Reply #34958 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:02:35 »

Social Media is poison - it has no benefit to life and has completely warped our sense of the human reward system while fostering a culture of extreme views, and hatred polarisation.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34959 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:03:26 »

I don't follow bellends on Twitter.

But their hatred and fuckwittery still permeates into everything on that platform. Including the otherwise excellent accounts.

Don’t read replies would be my second commandment

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34960 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:04:28 »

Quote from: Panda Paws
Social Media is poison - it has no benefit to life and has completely warped our sense of the human reward system while fostering a culture of extreme views, and hatred polarisation.

that's only part of it. yeah it's ever growing, but there are good bits too
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34961 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:07:02 »

I didn’t even know it existed.
Panda Paws

« Reply #34962 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:13:29 »

that's only part of it. yeah it's ever growing, but there are good bits too

Such as?

The only positives are fake, digital examples of things we've sacrificed on the way. Community, discussion etc.

I'd highly recommended everyone reads Lost Connections - it's eye-opening in terms of the damage we have done and are doing to the human brain.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34963 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:29:30 »

Funny videos
Panda Paws

« Reply #34964 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:34:23 »

Funny videos

Bingo. The irony being that my whole career and livelihood are literally based on funny videos on social media.
Pages: 1 ... 2328 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 2334 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: