Pages: 1 ... 2644 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 2650 ... 2666   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5314874 times)
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #39690 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 19:21:19 »

To go with their ridiculously huge lips I guess

And eyebrows that look like slugs😁

You just gotta keep livin man!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39691 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 09:41:51 »

And eyebrows that look like slugs😁
Indeed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #39692 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 11:22:03 »

Short measures in pubs. Trying to get away with and inch of froth on a beer as being the norm. Even a Guinness shouldn’t have that amount of froth. What is more the fucking looks you get when you ask to have a top up before you take a sip. I worked it out last night after a few pints in the Wedge that over a year on something like five x 9 gallon barrels of Sam Miguel a week they would recoup about 6k a year shorting by 50ml per pint. Maths might be slightly out but bloody hell makes you think.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39693 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 18:45:04 »

I usually ask if they have any hundreds and thousands to go on it.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #39694 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 19:49:23 »

I usually ask if they have any hundreds and thousands to go on it.

Cloudy real ale I ask if they can hear the thunder and see the lightening.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #39695 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 08:26:05 »

Short measures in pubs. Trying to get away with and inch of froth on a beer as being the norm. Even a Guinness shouldn’t have that amount of froth. What is more the fucking looks you get when you ask to have a top up before you take a sip. I worked it out last night after a few pints in the Wedge that over a year on something like five x 9 gallon barrels of Sam Miguel a week they would recoup about 6k a year shorting by 50ml per pint. Maths might be slightly out but bloody hell makes you think.
Absolutley,  100% this,  I always ask them to top it up, some of the looks and comments you get from bar staff you’d think it was their money they were saving. Sure most are trained to do this to maximise profits. Total piss take.  Don’t know if they still do it but used to spend a lot of time up north and they use oversized glasses with a line near the top,  beer up to the line, froth is free, not sure if it still happens but fuck it’s so easy isn’t it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #39696 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 09:41:20 »

Absolutley,  100% this,  I always ask them to top it up, some of the looks and comments you get from bar staff you’d think it was their money they were saving. Sure most are trained to do this to maximise profits. Total piss take.  Don’t know if they still do it but used to spend a lot of time up north and they use oversized glasses with a line near the top,  beer up to the line, froth is free, not sure if it still happens but fuck it’s so easy isn’t it.

I doubt it with the squeeze from the breweries regarding ullage. You might get that in social clubs though.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39697 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 08:52:27 »

Seeing Taylor Swift mentioned every day, she's been around for some time so why the sudden hype? I couldn't name one of her songs  Grin
Mexicano Rojo

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #39698 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 08:56:17 »

You do realise that the head on a pint of lager acts as bottle top and keeps the oxygen in the pint, If you dont have that the last few mouthfuls of your pint tastes like shit
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #39699 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 09:06:06 »

But I there is still a limit to the amount of head needed.  Some take the piss.

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39700 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 09:11:32 »

But there is still a limit to the amount of head needed.  Some take the piss.

Naughty
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #39701 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 11:08:02 »

You do realise that the head on a pint of lager acts as bottle top and keeps the oxygen in the pint, If you dont have that the last few mouthfuls of your pint tastes like shit

In 45 years of drinking real ale and lager in many countries I’ve never had that experience. Partly because in hot countries it doesn’t last that long and here not far behind. Now if it’s poured and there is no head at all then that is a different matter and comes down to the CO2 supply or the glass. Hence some glasses of quality lagers have etching in the bottom.

My OP was observational that there is a head on a beer or lager and then there is taking the piss. In countries outside the U.K. pouring a glass of beer is a different experience as a gassy pull often sees a bar person pouring off until the beer runs clear and the wastage into the drip tray is just disregarded. Equally the head can be generous as that’s the culture of said country. I suspect the cost of the beer to buy in is naturally so much cheaper than this country and therefore wastage is not an issue and this also reflects in the actual cost of the beer to the customer.

In my local one of the servers tried to pass off at least an inch of froth on a San Miguel as being ‘normal’. Is it fuck, that’s more than I’d expect on a Guinness. When I questioned the server the response was less than I’d expect from someone in the service industry to a paying customer at £5.20 for the pint and you’d have thought it was their money they were giving away. No wonder the brewing industry fought tooth a nail for over sized glasses to not be mandatory a number of years ago when it was being proposed.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #39702 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 11:19:15 »

I doubt someone earning minimum wage at the wedge gives a fuck tbh

Things get better but they never get good
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #39703 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 12:29:49 »

I doubt someone earning minimum wage at the wedge gives a fuck tbh
Then just fill the glasses up and stop being sarcastic.

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #39704 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:09:17 »

Then just fill the glasses up and stop being sarcastic.

My thoughts exactly which is why 95% of our pub time and spend is at the Nine Elms.
Pages: 1 ... 2644 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 2650 ... 2666   Go Up
Print
Jump to: