Pages: 1 ... 2642 2643 2644 [2645] 2646 2647 2648 ... 2666   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5315401 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #39660 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 10:30:39 »

Never has a Wingstop but mean to try it when I get the chance.

Top notch and reasonably priced
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39661 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 16:49:12 »

I have heard the locals by locals I mean HO staff mention that chicken place.

...think we’re going to Aldo’s in Cleckheaton. Yet to have a Ruby there but I live in hope. See if it lives up to my old man’s standards.

Cleckheaton is ok - obviously better than Bradford. You should suggest a company trip up to Saltaire via short train ride out of Brad Forster Sq.
Plenty of liquid refreshment and some nice places to have lunch. Fanny's Ale House is a particular fave for anything other than a vacuous haunt

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #39662 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 20:43:35 »

Vodka. Never really been a drink I valued except in a cocktail, particularly a Harvey Wallbanger. However, I’ve suddenly and inexplicably started to drink it with orange juice or cola with plenty of ice.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39663 on: Sunday, January 28, 2024, 07:55:51 »

Shake shack (Oxford) is an overpriced disappointment that isn't fit to shine the shoes of fiveguys
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39664 on: Monday, January 29, 2024, 12:25:24 »

Being late to the game with the Traitors. As with anything 'popular' I tend to try not to get carried away and jump on any bandwagon. Reality TV is definitely not our bag and is probably why we've tended to avoid it. Anyway we decided to give it a go and we are absolutely hooked. We flew through the first series. Unfortunately due to time restraints we only managed to watch 9/12 episodes over the weekend with the aim to finish early this week.

The effort in trying to avoid what happened is huge, We've had to switch over the BBC breakfast news multiple times, (one time I switched over to ITV which was also talking about it!) turn the radio down, avoid websites, social media etc. It's my own fault but it's hard work!

I suspect I'll have to avoid this thread now as I am sure some clever cunt will provide spoilers!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39665 on: Monday, January 29, 2024, 14:22:37 »

Being late to the game with the Traitors. As with anything 'popular' I tend to try not to get carried away and jump on any bandwagon. Reality TV is definitely not our bag and is probably why we've tended to avoid it.

I suspect I'll have to avoid this thread now as I am sure some clever cunt will provide spoilers!! Smiley

Tbvh mate, I've not even entertained the idea of watching it. I go very anti something when people start saying how great something is, especially reality TV {like Love Island, I'm A Celeb or anything Bear Grylls/Ant Hamilton}. Admittedly not watched any of it but not being able to get within 6ft of someone without them talking about it...from what I've heard, I just find that it's seemingly a very toxic concept and isn't particularly healthy. Bit like the TEF then is it?  Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39666 on: Monday, January 29, 2024, 17:19:03 »

Tbvh mate, I've not even entertained the idea of watching it. I go very anti something when people start saying how great something is, especially reality TV {like Love Island, I'm A Celeb or anything Bear Grylls/Ant Hamilton}. Admittedly not watched any of it but not being able to get within 6ft of someone without them talking about it...from what I've heard, I just find that it's seemingly a very toxic concept and isn't particularly healthy.  Girl Giggle
That's how I see it,rightly or wrongly

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39667 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 08:46:18 »

I watched the first series of traitors when it came out and just finished the second. The concept is very clever and interesting, I like it, they go through all emotions too. This is from someone who would never watch love Island or big brother.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39668 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 09:11:43 »

Same here, although I can’t shake off the feeling it is a bit fake. There are a set number of episodes so what happens if all the traitors are exposed before the last episode?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39669 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 09:14:27 »

Same here, although I can’t shake off the feeling it is a bit fake. There are a set number of episodes so what happens if all the traitors are exposed before the last episode?

They can only banish one at a time so I'd imagine a recruit is enforced whenever it gets to one left.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39670 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 09:15:05 »

Why the hate?  Gills mk2 ? Hmmm

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/topic/60788-same-old-swindon%E2%80%A6/#comments
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #39671 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 09:54:12 »

Being late to the game with the Traitors. As with anything 'popular' I tend to try not to get carried away and jump on any bandwagon. Reality TV is definitely not our bag and is probably why we've tended to avoid it. Anyway we decided to give it a go and we are absolutely hooked. We flew through the first series. Unfortunately due to time restraints we only managed to watch 9/12 episodes over the weekend with the aim to finish early this week.

The effort in trying to avoid what happened is huge, We've had to switch over the BBC breakfast news multiple times, (one time I switched over to ITV which was also talking about it!) turn the radio down, avoid websites, social media etc. It's my own fault but it's hard work!

The UK version is certainly the best. The US/Australian versions on the iplayer are really nowhere near as good. Using C/D list celebs mixed in with 'regular' people is just naff.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #39672 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 09:56:51 »

Because a decent proportion of them are lowlife.  Like Gills as it happens.

Post match assault of match official at Vale Park this weekend probably triggered a bit of the excitement a good number of them felt the night they invaded the pitch and kicked our players and lobbed bottles at our fans.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-portsmouth-port-vale-referee-31982929
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #39673 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 09:58:59 »

They're still bitter and twisted to this day
Aren't all fans bitter and twisted? I still haven't got over Wolves in 1980 and Bolton in 1995.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #39674 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 10:01:54 »

Didn't you just post in another thread about your hate of Wrexham?  Wink Cheesy

All football fans are overly sensitive and have irrational dislikes of other teams.  I fucking hate AFCW and that's for a very irrational reason
Pages: 1 ... 2642 2643 2644 [2645] 2646 2647 2648 ... 2666   Go Up
Print
Jump to: