Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 1342 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047666 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #20070 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 23:04:35 »

I'm assuming he gets paid in Euros? Fuck him off back across the Irish Sea or up into Scotland if he feels that passionately about it.

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #20071 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 01:21:23 »

...... but he will, after his 2 year £20 a week contract is finished, free enterprise innit?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20072 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 06:31:19 »

"Good to see a man stick to his convictions."

He's not though, is he?

Yes he is as he's not worn a poppy on his shirt for years now (which hes explained well enough) and he wont back down despite media pressure. If McClean has decided to not pay his respect to the flag or anthem then fair enough. Its just a flag and a song, not like hes looking to kill anyone.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #20073 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 08:17:12 »

It's not as if has been photographed giving the Nazi salute like some higher up the food chain
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20074 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 08:30:50 »

He obviously doesnt feel that strongly, but he doesnt want to stand to attention whilst looking at the union flag. Its not that big a deal. Good to see a man stick to his convictions.

Another story thats got on nerves is closer to home.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13464223.Family_s_fury_as_woman_is_banned_from_supermarket/

Think Morrisions have acted very well here, done everything they can to help and yet they're being portrayed as the bad guys. Not sure why really.

Considering he could have just looked at the floor twiddled his thumbs etc, to make such a big gesture of turning his back on it suggests that he does feel incredibly strongly about it or alternatively its just important to him to be seen to be caring about it - I assume he will be doing the same whenever he plays abroad with the Republic of Ireland and they play the host nation anthem.

It is really does mean so much to him I actually feel sorry for him, he must hate living over here having to look at money with the Queens head etc?

As for the Morrisons thing, this is just another example of the need for people to find something to be outraged about!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #20075 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 08:32:54 »

It's not as if has been photographed giving the Nazi salute like some higher up the food chain

I know, those pesky seven year olds and their Nazi beliefs!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20076 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 09:13:13 »

I know, those pesky seven year olds and their Nazi beliefs!
Quite a lot of people in the early 1930's saw Hitler & Mussolini as positive role models. Even Churchill was an admirer and stated his admiration publicly.
Obviously this won't get in the way of Sun readers and other mindless idiots voicing their disgust and disapproval.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20077 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 09:31:12 »

Quite a lot of people in the Establishment saw Hitler & Mussolini as positive role models. Even Churchill was an admirer and stated his admiration publicly.
Obviously this won't get in the way of Sun readers and other mindless idiots voicing their disgust and disapproval.

Corrected for you....

Whilst many others like George Orwell, went off to fight Fascism in Spain as part of Britain's contribution to te International Brigade...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20078 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 09:42:06 »

Corrected for you....

Whilst many others like George Orwell, went off to fight Fascism in Spain as part of Britain's contribution to te International Brigade...
Thanks Reg. obviously I was writing about something I only had second hand knowledge on. Much better getting it from someone who lived through those times.....

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #20079 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 09:45:28 »

Thanks Reg. obviously I was writing about something I only had second hand knowledge on. Much better getting it from someone who lived through those times.....

Grin
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #20080 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 09:47:08 »

Cheesy

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20081 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 10:11:40 »

Who's James McLean?  Never heard of him.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #20082 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 11:25:00 »

Corrected for you....

I am not sure where the idea that the establishment supported the right and the plucky workers supported the left comes from, if you read Orwell's writings on the Civil war (incidentally Orwell was hardly a man of the people either) many of his fellow fighters were from the upper class of society.

Actually from reading Homage to Catalonia the left does not come across much better than the right in their ideology and methods - perhaps Orwell was not the best reference to use when making this point.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20083 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 11:42:10 »

I am not sure where the idea that the establishment supported the right and the plucky workers supported the left comes from, if you read Orwell's writings on the Civil war (incidentally Orwell was hardly a man of the people either) many of his fellow fighters were from the upper class of society.

Actually from reading Homage to Catalonia the left does not come across much better than the right in their ideology and methods - perhaps Orwell was not the best reference to use when making this point.

Which is why it says quite a few in the Establishment besides the Royal Family had fascist sympathies....whereas some like Orwell went off to fight. Orwell was an Old Etonian toff, who'd largely formed his opinions when seeing the Empire at work close at hand.

Others, like Oswald Mosley, another toff, left the Tories for Labour, over the Tory suppression in Ireland, before forming the British Union of Fascists.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #20084 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 12:09:46 »

I hope that when the season starts all the womens football news stories start to drop off the main bbc football page.

doing my head in, fair enough I watched the odd snippet of england women at the world cup, but only because it was england. dont give a fuck if Ubogagu scored for arsenal
Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 1342 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: