Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Redevelopment Revealed!!!!!!  (Read 33814 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:04:34 »

PS  the Goddard covenant on the County Ground area regarding sporting use only is not a given, during the Shaw debacle the family's solicitors said that they would be prepared to bin it for the right price.
Lumps

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 21:28:51 »

It's worth bearing in mind that the economic situation has changeed beyond all recognition since either of the previous development attempts. The price of development land in Swindon must have fucking plummeted in the last year, and SBC, like all other local authorities are sure to be looking to make 30-40% cuts across general fund revenue budgets over the next 3-4 years.

If you've got a few quid, as our board do, I can't think of a better time to make an offer on the ground.
Talk Talk

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 21:38:48 »

The price of development land in Swindon must have fucking plummeted in the last year.

I think that is unlikely.

http://www.propertywire.com/news/europe/-england-land-values-up-201005114115.html
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 22:01:48 »

Its true whether you believe it or not and councillors can be personally liable for losses if council assets can be shown to have been sold on the cheap.
Think jonny confused this with the Paranormy thread
Lumps

« Reply #94 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 23:45:42 »

If you have another look on Goggle I'm sure you can find an estate agents trade site that suggests the housing market is bouyant as well.
flammableBen

« Reply #95 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 23:49:58 »

I may have misheard during my random radio 4 listening throughout the last week, but I think that Halifax have said that house prices are down a couple of percent. I'm not sure if I've imagined that or what it's got to do with this thread, but personally I think it's a good thing.
Panda Paws

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 15:51:07 »

Been up the Mad Stad for an interview today and was blown away by the place. I know Mr Fitton has been up there a couple of times on recon missions, and if we get anything even remotely like it it will be incredible for both the club and the town, especially in the current location.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 15:59:26 by Panda Paws » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 15:53:48 »

Been up the Mad Stad for an interview today and wad blown away by the place. I know Mr Fitton has been up their a couple of times on recon missions, and if we get anything even remotely like it it will be incredible for both the club and the town, especially in the current location.

I've been around the MadStad a few times....don't think AF has anything like it mind.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:09:17 »

The stadium itself is impressive.  The location is poor and hardly conducive to a cracking day or afternoon out at the football.

Ours is going to be a town centre stadium which means the experience of going there is going to feel quite different to the Madejski (or Coventry's Ricoh Arena, which is in a similar type of location).  I doubt the architecture of the place will be quite as symmetical/uniform either.  It should have a few more quirks, a nod here & there to the past and a lot more character.  (I hope.)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:10:56 by Ardiles » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:10:56 »

I was more talking about the facilities and the revenue streams. If we can get those right in a similar way but in the CG location it'll be great
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:13:47 »

Can someone remove the !!! from the title? Everytime I see this thread as 'new' I think somethings happened and get all excited Sad

Things get better but they never get good
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:15:03 »

Can someone remove the !!! from the title? Everytime I see this thread as 'new' I think somethings happened and get all excited Sad

I concur...
land_of_bo

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:19:43 »

Perhaps lock the thread until something does happen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:31:18 »

I was more talking about the facilities and the revenue streams. If we can get those right in a similar way but in the CG location it'll be great

My interpretation of Fitton's words, are that they don't yet know what extras there will be.

The MadStad is largely the hotel.....does Swindon really need another?

Think Preston which is often mentioned as a similar development has a healthcare facility built in.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 16:49:56 »

Perhaps lock the thread until something does happen.

Just needs renaming so we don't all wet our pants each time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: