Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Redevelopment Revealed!!!!!!  (Read 33732 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #120 on: Friday, November 12, 2010, 17:42:07 »

The stands at Molineux are both over 5,000, one 5,100 & 5,300 - they are fairly big one tier stands. Didn't the board say though that they were looking at something like the Reebok? If so, they have two-tiered stands behind the goals, both with boxes.

I think we're getting carried away with the Reebok example, it was only mentioned the rroof may look something like it
glos_robin

« Reply #121 on: Friday, November 12, 2010, 19:38:44 »

Watching Dortmund on TV at the moment we need a smaller version of their one stand behind the goal, looks awesome to be in, just a shame any version in this contry would have to be seated and thus ruined.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, November 12, 2010, 19:46:46 »

German grounds are awesome. They are all the proof you need that safe standing can work and enhance the atmosphere ten-fold.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 18:14:22 »

Spoke with Nick Watkins today. When questioned about the development of the town end and design of the stand, he suggested it would be 2 tiered rather then 1. Not sure what to make of that really. Would it work as a home end?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 18:30:33 »

All the people who wanted a view could go in the top tier I guess
Panda Paws

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 22:22:40 »

Spoke with Nick Watkins today. When questioned about the development of the town end and design of the stand, he suggested it would be 2 tiered rather then 1. Not sure what to make of that really. Would it work as a home end?

So long as it's the Brentford away end on steroids it'll be fine.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 22:25:07 »

So long as it's the Brentford away end on steroids it'll be fine.

Just the example I gave (without the steroids).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 18:33:37 »

The home end at Walsall would be a good example of what it might look like. I would think that to minalmise the disruption during re-development wouldn't it make sense to redevelop the Stratton Bank first and then when the Town End is being rebuilt there is an end of the ground rather than having just two sides. By the time the Don Rogers and Arkells are being done there is sufficient capacity elsewhere
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:42:49 »

Two tiered approach makes sense to ensure the footprint is kept to a minimum - can't see them rotating the ground 90 degrees 9which was an original consideration) so if you look at the arial photo the key restrictions to this are the the stratton bank/south stand corner and cricket pavillion side of the North Stand - they can get more seats in the North stand for the same footprint area by doing two tiers.

From what I understand the Townend will be redeveloped first and accommodate hospitality, admin and changing rooms. Next will be the North stand (demolished and rebuilt) followed by the South Stand - the Stratton Bank will be last as there are additional complexities around this and remain 'as is' for some time.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 21:09:17 »

The New Den has a cracking atmosphere with it's two tiered stands close to the pitch. The stands behind the goals both hold 4,000. Something like that for the Town End would be great.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 21:10:01 »

From what I understand the Townend will be redeveloped first and accommodate hospitality, admin and changing rooms.

There is going to be work on the DRS after the TE to accomodate exec boxes, admin and changing rooms, as they plan to raise the roof for the exec boxes on the DRS.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 22:05:11 »

I've got some added information, which could be classed as useless but i'll spill anyway.

The Don Rogers won't have SWINDON painted on the seats anymore, it will instead be "The Robins"

And The Town End will have "Founded in ..." somewhere on it.

if there is information like this flying about surely there are visual designs which could be released?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 22:53:48 »

The reason I prefer the single tier is because I have been to matches with two tiers behind the goal, and if the bottom tier sing you can't hear them in the top tier....especially when the bottom tier actually goes back underneath the top tier.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 23:11:23 »

I can't see that ever being a problem with us

Things get better but they never get good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 23:35:24 »

Ouch!