Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Redevelopment Revealed!!!!!!  (Read 33816 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 15:01:25 »

Also, not sure whether to read anything into this, but FWP are working with 'FC United of Manchester' (breakway supporters group following the Glazier takeover in 2005) to build a new 3.5 million stadium for the club. Importantly though, they are only listed as project managers for the project, not architects --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Acres_Lane_Stadium

Hopefully I'm wrong though, as certainly wouldn't mind seeing some pictures!  Embarrassed

According to FWP's own website, they are acting as architects for Preston, Marine AFC, Farnborough, Fleetwood and Peterborough.  You can see pictures for each of these developments.

http://www.fwpgroup.co.uk/projects/default.php?c=2
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 15:14:08 »

Yeah I saw that, was looking at the Deepdale redevelopment as everyone keeps mentioning it. Looks pretty good! Let's hope for some pics... Tongue
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 15:57:32 »

depends if an expansion onto the sports area is feasable

I'm wondering if building the North Stand up to the edge of the cricket pitch and getting rid of the road is an option. There are other access roads to the athletics track / football pitch, the away end could be accessed from Shrivenham Road and the main entrance / administration could be moved to the revamped Town End. Probably unlikely, but a possibility.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 16:01:35 »

Sutton,
what profession you in then cockle?

I'm an IT PM involved in new builds mainly.
Panda Paws

« Reply #64 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 16:24:25 »

Check out the pics of Leicester tigers new ground

http://www.fwpgroup.co.uk/projects/default_item.php?id=49

The final photo of the completed redevelopment looks awesome, and different.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 16:29:39 »

Welford Road is a very difficult site to work with, and the solution that the architects have come up with is ground breaking and imaginative.  Going to look amazing when completed.  More discussion on this development in the thread below:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=558617
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 16:40:35 »

They were building that stand at Leicester when we played them last, I remember seeing the frame for it being up when we went past it (near Nelson Mandela park?) on the way to the Walkers stadium. Didn't they build the new stand behind the old one while still using the old one on match days? Or something like that. Must admit the image of the proposed complete stadium looks quality (for a rugby ground).

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 17:10:17 »

I'm wondering if building the North Stand up to the edge of the cricket pitch and getting rid of the road is an option.

Curently the answer is No. At this moment, they've basically got the footprint of the current stadium...and that's it. I sometimes go to local residents meetings at Broadgreen, and a few weeks ago council leader Rod Bluh was there, and he basically said that, when asked. He also said that that part of green space behind Stratton Bank must remain also, but I can see the Athletics Club moving, as they've not got any changing facilities over there, if another site was found for them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Panda Paws

« Reply #68 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 17:22:51 »

I guess the majority of the new revenue streams and improved facilities will be on the Town End car park then?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 17:30:32 »

In the Trust plans, done in 2005,there was mention of building flats behind the TE, similar to Orient, to help cover the cost of development.

BAZINGA !!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 17:55:27 »

Curently the answer is No. At this moment, they've basically got the footprint of the current stadium...and that's it. I sometimes go to local residents meetings at Broadgreen, and a few weeks ago council leader Rod Bluh was there, and he basically said that, when asked. He also said that that part of green space behind Stratton Bank must remain also, but I can see the Athletics Club moving, as they've not got any changing facilities over there, if another site was found for them.

What does the current footprint mean? Just the current stadium? What about the car park and land behind the DRS?

What does the green space behind the SB cover, the entire field or just a part of it?

I'm sure the athletics club will be gone in a shot if they get a half decent facility in exchange. If I remember correctly, a few years back they were actually doing pretty well in their league structure and the facilities weren't up to scratch which was causing them some problems.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 18:01:25 »

SBC are closing the sports center at the county ground anyway aren't they?

Things get better but they never get good
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 18:08:51 »

What does the current footprint mean? Just the current stadium? What about the car park and land behind the DRS?

I believe the current footprint is currently the land the stadium is on. The car park land is owned by the council, I believe.

BAZINGA !!

Panda Paws

« Reply #73 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 20:43:50 »

I believe the current footprint is currently the land the stadium is on. The car park land is owned by the council, I believe.

It's all owned by the council?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 22:27:31 »

It's all owned by the council?
Yes it is. The club have a lease on the stadium itself ("the current footprint"), but not the rest of the overall site, which is what I think So69 means
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: