Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin & Paynter  (Read 19003 times)
nochee

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:23:01 »

Austin has more potential than Cox in my opinion and i don't think Fitton would sell for less than £2.5m at the very least, Still don't think we will sell him for at least another year anyway.

As for Paynter i'm not sure, Hopefully he will sign, If we go up he will definitely stay and hopefully we might get Ferry, Ward and Sheehan too.

Not asking for much are you, P O W.  What would you estimate the fee for those 3?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:26:39 »

I watched Paynter at Exeter and Walsall away..he looked awfull,the enforced break and him and scoring two along with Austin at Reading for the reserves seemed to be the turning point.
Paynter looked a real quality player yesterday..i salute the pair of them but lets give Wilson alot of credit as i remember he took alot of stick for dropping Paynter.
Panda Paws

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:27:44 »

Ferry 250K - 8/10 he'll move on a permie this summer

Sheehan 100k max - 9/10 Leeds don't want him (Personally wouldnt sign him if we go up)

Ward ?? - not a chance in hell we'll get him on a permie, but season-long loan would be realistic
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:28:14 »

Not asking for much are you, P O W.  What would you estimate the fee for those 3?

Sheehan's either out of contract or only has a year left and they want rid so around £100,000 at the very most for him i would imagine.

Maybe we could get Ferry for around £250,000-£350,000? Maybe slightly more? Depends if Celtic want to sell they might want him back.

As for Ward he's class and i'm not confident of getting him i think we would have to pay a good £400,000-£500,000 to get him at the very least.

If we go up maybe we have a chance of getting all 3? It would be fantastic but who knows what might happen.
Barry Scott

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:46:26 »

I don't think Sheehan's worth a fee. He's ok, but he's got nowhere near the quality of Manky in my opinion. I feel sure we could get a player as good for free. If we got him for free i wouldn't be unhappy, but i really don't think he's worth paying for.

Ferry on the other hand, if we got him for £300k or less, he'd be ace, otherwise i'd say it'd be a fee we might not recoup, so therefore could be silly.

With Ward, unless Owen Coyle feels he's rubbish, i can't see us getting him unless Fitton starts acting like Niall Quinn and Wilson like Keane.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:54:08 »

I watched Paynter at Exeter and Walsall away..he looked awfull,the enforced break and him and scoring two along with Austin at Reading for the reserves seemed to be the turning point.
Paynter looked a real quality player yesterday..i salute the pair of them but lets give Wilson alot of credit as i remember he took alot of stick for dropping Paynter.

That Reading reserves game was a turning point.

DMR

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:00:55 »

Austin has more potential than Cox in my opinion

Behave, Austin's done brilliantly but he's really just tapping them in atm, some of Cox's creativity was unreal.

If I had to pick one to play for us it would be Cox every time at this stage in their careers.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:17:07 »

Fuck off
Why not?Gets  on well with Fitton and if we are in the championship and west brom in the prem the chances of him being loaned out are going to be very likely.Not saying we would get him but would hazard a guess we would attempt to
stfcinbmth

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:20:08 »

Behave, Austin's done brilliantly but he's really just tapping them in atm,

Errrr isn't that what was needed?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:47:02 »

DMR hasn't even seen Austin play so I wouldn't take him seriously.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:55:19 »

Austin is by far a superior finisher to Cox.

Cox regardless of his great season, maybe, just maybe, he had his best season at 22!

Austin, will play in the Premier League regularly one day.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 21:14:51 »

Personally I cannot see Billy Paynter leaving.  He's been in football for about 10 years and his previous best goal scoring in a season yielded 16 goals or so but this season he's been fitter, more confident & almost the first name on the team sheet and he's scoring goals & formed a brilliant partnership with Charlie. His ability on the deck has always been very good but he's now being encouraged/coached to play in a way that suits his game.  He is making his name in a side that looks as if it is going to be in with a really strong chance of promotion.  I would be very surprised to see him leave in the summer - and it would only be for an huge salary increase.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 21:27:02 »

Austin is by far a superior finisher to Cox.

Cox regardless of his great season, maybe, just maybe, he had his best season at 22!

Austin, will play in the Premier League regularly one day.

That is exactly what i was going to say, Cox was a very good player but Austin is a natural finisher who just seems to have that nack of scoring, He doesn't miss many chances and i stand by what i said, He will be better than Cox.
Doore

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 21:36:12 »

Absolutely.  Cox is finished, over the hill and past it.
Talk Talk

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 23:02:00 »

My fingers are in my ears and I am saying la-la-la-la-la.

Fuck off with all of your speculation.

Paynter and Austin are ours for the rest of the season. THAT is what is important at the moment, not what they might be worth any time in the future. Their goals will most likely do the business this season and get us up.

So shut the fuck up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: